It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Science Fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have
existed up to now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.”
― Max Planck, The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics

[Max Planck was a very famous Nobel Prize winning physcist [Quantum Theory] of the 20th Century]

I am Science Fiction: I am not limited by any science of any time or of any place.

I am Science Ficiton: I am not limited by time - Time is an illusion

I am Science Ficton: The universe, existence itself, is a toy I play with for our amusement.

I am Science Fiction: My Universe is multidimensional - No single paradigm of reality ever applies.

I am Science Fiction: I do not believe in or accept any diety - And still feel obligated to explore the quantum potential of an imaginary God.

I am Science Fiction: I create time and space by seeing it - As I see it so it becomes.

I am Science Fiction: I give you worlds beyond your wildest imagination - I stimulate your imagination and make it real.

I am Science Fiction: I create the future - And you 'make it so'

I am Science Fiction: I am from the future - A future that does not fear meeting beings that are not afraid of the future.

We are Science Fiction - Are you with us Human - Are you ready to "boldly go where no man has gone before".

“The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.”
-Arthur C. Clarke

UNIVERSAL SPACE ALIEN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION
universalspacealienpeoplesassociation.blogspot.com...

edit on 18-10-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
"“Science fiction is the most important literature in the history of the world, because it's the history of ideas, the history of our civilization birthing itself. ...Science fiction is central to everything we've ever done, and people who make fun of science fiction writers don't know what they're talking about.”
― Ray Bradbury

"“Man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole.”
― William S. Burroughs

“Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction -- its essence -- has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.”
― Isaac Asimov

“One of the things I've always liked about science fiction is the way it makes you think about things, and look at things from angles you'd never have thought about before.”
― Jo Walton, Among Others

“It's better to die in pursuit of your dreams than to live a life without hope.”
― Terry Brooks, Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace

“General fiction is pretty much about ways that people get into problems and screw their lives up. Science fiction is about everything else.”
― Marvin Minsky

“Science fiction is held in low regard as a branch of literature, and perhaps it deserves this critical contempt. But if we view it as a kind of sociology of the future, rather than as literature, science fiction has immense value as a mind-stretching force for the creation of the habit of anticipation. Our children should be studying Arthur C. Clarke, William Tenn, Robert Heinlein, Ray Bradbury and Robert Sheckley, not because these writers can tell them about rocket ships and time machines but, more important, because they can lead young minds through an imaginative exploration of the jungle of political, social, psychological, and ethical issues that will confront these children as adults.”
― Alvin Toffler, Future Shock

“I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.
—John Cavil, Cylon Model Number One, “No Exit” ― Patrick Di Justo, The Science of Battlestar Galactica

“I don't think humanity just replays history, but we are the same people our ancestors were, and our descendants are going to face a lot of the same situations we do. It's instructive to imagine how they would react, with different technologies on different worlds. That's why I write science fiction -- even though the term 'science fiction' excites disdain in certain persons.”
― Kage Baker

“There are always possibilities.”
― Jack B. Sowards, Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan: Photostory

UNIVERSAL SPACE ALIEN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION

edit on 3-11-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Science Fiction is dead. I'm Art Fiction.

Nice blog

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paul1214

Nice blog

Science Fiction like the future, science, time, space and dimension - Never dies..........

- It is the reflection and future manifestation of an ever existing birth of infinite possibilities and potentials

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Way of the FUTURE

posted on Dec, 17 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

originally posted by: Paul1214

Nice blog

- It is the reflection and future manifestation of an ever existing birth of infinite possibilities and potentials

I totally agree with that. This is why I'm saying science fiction is dead. It is the same of saying rock is dead. When rock n roll artists are more healthy and controlled than anyone else just to pretend to look like rock n roll stars.
Just take a look at any science fiction movie or series out right now: where are the infinite possibilities and potentials? I mean, Stalker from Tarkovsky is much more "beyond limits" than anything you will find on Netflix right now. And it is almost from 40 years ago.
That's why I advocate for art fiction. Next level will be not imagining spaceships anymore (the perfect ones already exist and they have the bell shape of classic ufos), but imagining music genres and artistic trends.

But In the end we're just on the same side, it's just a matter of words and definitions

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Paul1214

Well - Actually I don't know what your watching - But I'm seeing some really great stuff - TV [or online] series especially.

Take THE GIFTED - One of the best Mutant series I've ever seen - Like all the X MEN, or say MUTANT X, type movies and series,

the gifted is better than good - Its great!

And then you have time travel - always a tough one to make it covincing. So low and behold they come up with TRAVELERS

- And you know at first I stopped watching that one, thoutht it was too convoluted - Gave it a second chance, and now

eagerly wait for the next episode - Imagine a time traveling group controled by an AI in the future sending agents back

to the present day to prevent the very dystopian world they are apparently living in - Amd doing it by seizing the body of

of someone in todays world who is dying - And then is taken over by a future time traveler!

Now if you have any contact with the future you would realize that this series is based upon a very acceptable pagadigm.

For example:

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Way of the FUTURE

You see science fiction never dies - As long as there is a future, there is science fiction
And without a future there is nothing - And as we all know - Nothing can not exist.
edit on 18-12-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

top topics

join