It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS long overdue for YouTube alternatives

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Man, youtube is filled with video's criticizing Dems, Liberals, SJW's, etc.

I mean how can you even say something like that as if you're being persecuted all the time??? It's just dishonest and demonstrably untrue. Just do a search for it right now and you'll get an endless list of video's to watch.

I mean half of your posts you make here have youtube video's criticizing all those groups you mention. Are you not aware of yourself posting them in your own threads or something??? You're just delusional to say that.

That's not to say I don't support the idea of being able to imbed video's from other places. I totally support that idea actually. But you don't need to force some propagandist spin of persecution in with it for the reasoning.

The idea itself is still a good idea. The ability to imbed media from other sources. Good idea. Why the need to try and sell it for some false belief that anyone can disprove by a simple search???

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Censorship? You mean on the people who monetize their videos?

If someone wants to make money for getting you to watch their video, you may want to question their motives anyway...

It's a company, and they provide a service. You don't like their "rules" you throw a tantrum and say, "screw you guys!" and leave...like Cartman.

No one forces anyone to upload to, or watch videos on YouTube. If you want to link to other video sites, just use the URL tool. I fail to see how this is such a problem.

If you feel the coding for ATS needs to be changed to enable in-line embedding of videos from other sites ... well, don't hold your breath. ATS is a gargantuan website with a ton of code. It's not like the owners have a staff of coders sitting around to make changes like that on a whim. We haven't seen hardly any programming updates to ATS in quite a while, likely because it takes a lot of effort and time...something that just isn't profitable for the site at this time.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The problem, those being affected goes way beyond just 'sjw critics', as another already pointed out.

Here goes a screenshot crop I just did trying to click on a article about Noam Chomsky:

YouTube is Google.

Google is a NSA CIA effing boogeyman evil henchman of a corporate fascist big brother monopoly.

That the whole ATS site wouldnt be up in arms about everything they stand for and all of their BS Ruling Establishment hatchet work, and them some, is a truly sad state of affairs.
edit on 24-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Okay so only mindless Idioc racy videos deserve to make any money, but people trying to save our species / nation / world / global economy / etc should all be de-monetized, maybe taken to the town square and whipped.

While Google makes BILLIONS for the content people make and upload, nope, Ron Paul should be de-monetized, his channel and videos should be tweaked via their various little tricks to prevent any of his videos from going viral, and hell all his anti-war stuff they should just delete his ass.

YouTube "Economically Censors" Ron Paul, Labels Videos "Not Suitable" For All Advertisers
Former US Congressman Ron Paul has joined a growing list of independent political journalists and commentators who’re being economically punished by YouTube despite producing videos that routinely receive hundreds of thousands of views.

In a tweet published Saturday, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange tweeted a screenshot of Paul’s “Liberty Report” page showing that his videos had been labeled “not suitable” for all advertisers by YouTube's content arbiters.
The notion that YouTube would want to economically punish a former US Congressman for sharing his views on US foreign policy – a topic that he is unequivocally qualified to speak about – is absurd. Furthermore, the “review requested” marking on one of Paul's videos reveals that they were initially flagged by users before YouTube's moderators confirmed that the videos were unsuitable for a broad audience.

And here's the thing, if Ron Paul gets zapped then that means so would Noam Chomsky.

Maybe you're just into the MSM paraded puppet politicians, but a real liberal of old would be ready to rant if they came after Noam.

And it doesnt matter if they're a corporation, they're targeting political activist types, and they're essentially a CIA NSA DOD shell company. Oh, but thats right, we're supposed to worship the government according to progressives too.

If Idiocracy buzzfeed cat videos, ruthless multinational corporate agendas, Neocon/Neolib pro-war propaganda, and robberbarron political puppet talking points are your scene then what the hell are you even doing frequenting a site like ATS?

edit on 24-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Google Censors Block Access to CounterPunch and Other Progressive Sites
The U.S. government, and the information technology companies which collaborate with it, is moving fully into the camp of governments which relentlessly utilize the internet to collect users online data, monitor their activities, and control what they can see and do.

First, there was – and is – the NSA, National Security Agency of the U.S., which collects the emails, phone records, social media data, and more from millions of U.S. citizens and the people of the world. Software companies like Google cooperated silently by providing NSA access to its users until Edward Snowden made this odious system public.

Now Google, at the behest of its friends in Washington, is actively censoring – essentially blocking access to – any websites which seek to warn American workers of the ongoing effort to further attack their incomes, social services, and life conditions by the U.S. central government, and which seek to warn against the impending warfare between U.S.-led Nato and other forces against countries like Iran, Russia, and China, which have in no way threatened the U.S. state or its people.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

FYI, here is how to embed LiveLeak videos :

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
How to embed LIVE LEAK Video......

I back-engineered this thanks to Skeptic Overlord embedding a live leak video in one of my threads

2. copy this component after the "equals" sign

3. Paste said component in between these bbcodes noting that I have deliberately left off the first [ in this bbcode as it will not post correctly here so add that [ to it OK --------> LiveL] [/LiveL]

4. And Presto........

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

FYI, here is how to embed LiveLeak videos :

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
How to embed LIVE LEAK Video......

I back-engineered this thanks to Skeptic Overlord embedding a live leak video in one of my threads

2. copy this component after the "equals" sign

3. Paste said component in between these bbcodes noting that I have deliberately left off the first [ in this bbcode as it will not post correctly here so add that [ to it OK --------> LiveL] [/LiveL]

4. And Presto........

HEY!

Look at that.

LiveL
/LiveL

Now that's a step in the right direction.

It seems like in a evenings work someone could add in a few others? Who do we gotta buy a case of beer for to get this done??

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I don't support youtube censoring video's. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how you're stating that it's the Right being censored only in your OP. Even your screen shot admits that progressive video's are also being hit by this.

Your OP has a totally one sided perspective that blames the left for this when it's also the left being hit by this along with the Right. If you were balanced in your OP about what's happening I wouildn't have a problem with what you said.

I'm not arguing against your anti-censorship message. I don't agree with it either. I'm against your idea that it's all some kind of an attack on the Right alone.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

In the OP I was going off the top of my head. Real quick. I wasn't writing a 'piece'. Was mere rousing some rabble; getting my point across.

Note that yes YouTube is Google (GooTube), although I havent heard of specific leftists being censored in the Tube. Google yes. I know they have super staunch SJW's now teamed up with the likes of the ADL out stomping around YouTube. I've seen more individuals from the "right" being censored than I can even remember them all.

So whats his face comes in here all 'it aint that bad google good guy' or whatever sentiment, a person I wouldnt be surprised to see in a critique thread on the subject sticking up for them purely because it just so happens the left is on 'right team'....

The leftist sites Google has been adding to the "FAKE NEWS" sites are the anti-war sites, as they're the types to criticize Obama / Hillary / the Two Party System assuming they're true anti-war liberals (opposed to being staunch Democrat's [Ruling Establishment minions]).

Staunch Democrat's / corporate boot licking nincumpoops / mindless SJW Millennials and Google loves ya.

'Liberal of old' as I call them (the few there seems to be anymore), true anti-war / anti-multinational corporatist dissenting liberals and Google censors ya.

Unfortunately most 'liberals' these days are raw groupthink follow the leader drones and dont get the difference. They follow all that divisive BS which is all the rage these days and the most insane of it all YouTube BuzzFeed etc prop all that up, and smear and censor the other side of the coin even if merely for critcizing it for the BS cooked up subversive BS that it is. So the worst of it, the stuff triggering a effing civil war theyre stomping out the voices of reason along with the rest that dares stand up to them despite the fact the SJW's went and cooked this 'Social Group Warfare (SGW)' agenda BS up despite white supremacist groups being completely marginalized, having a black POTUS, liberals were dominant, gay rights completed, and so on. Now people stand up to their persecution and guess what you face the chopping block.

And that's just that side of total topic.

Then there's all kinds of topics TPTB dont want us talking about and here comes Google once again.

Then there's AI auto-censor BS that zap zero-profit Fair use documentaries as soon as you upload them, which I've been dealing with since 2010 in fact I begged this subject back then and never got a staff response and that helped lead me to dropping out of the game completely because I tried uploading to Vimeo, posted the link in a new thread and got like 1 flag 1 response because just getting someone to open a thread can be challenging enough, and then to get them to open a third party website AND watch a video well good luck with that. So then no one responds, the thread just fizzles right into dust out the gates and then its a matter of you know what F this no one gonna see nothing not even in my stomping grounds then why bother with any of this BS.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I dont get why a staff member wouldnt come in and mention that.

It's like they deliberately ignore these topics and let us assume the site isnt even being supported anymore in the sense the owners admins etc even care about anything.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
learn from Utorrent !
you have a web page that has the information only!
it does not Have the Video's.

the videos are on the computers the people use.
you down load the video and the number
of pleases it is Stored goes up.

you would have to Change the name and how it works.
so Videos ONLY can be used.
you dont want other stuff!
if you are like a normal torrent sight they will ban the sight.

Can some one who knows about this magics!
find out How to do it please!!!

and How does youtube get away with
putting Full new videos on its sight????
If youtube was a Torrent sight they would Ban it.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I'm not sure what you mean. SOunds like a new feature in uTorrent?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join