It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Who verified Trump didn't say it? He said others were in the room with him and heard the conversation, but none of them have come across to verify anything. Just him.

I don't understand why no one has interviewed the limo driver.

Lol, she said, "Basically he said..."

So that's only her interpretation and why the driver has not been interviewed is because he will tell the truth.

If the driver says Trump said it, he will be calling the POTUS a liar. He if says he didn't say it, he will be calling everyone else in that limo a liar. I certainly don't envy his position. Rock, meet Hard Place.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If true, what did you expect?

He's a genuine asshole. But we knew that going in. What's changed?

Is it a crime to remind the people who voted for Trump what they got?

People knowingly voted for this guy.

And I, for one, don't want those people to forget exactly what they exchanged their vote for. They should be made to live it and own up to their vote.

link   

Who verified Trump didn't say it? He said others were in the room with him and heard the conversation, but none of them have come across to verify anything. Just him.

I don't understand why no one has interviewed the limo driver.

Lol, she said, "Basically he said..."

So that's only her interpretation and why the driver has not been interviewed is because he will tell the truth.

I just finished researching this. Unless we hear ACTUAL RECORDED AUDIO to the contrary, I'm going with collusion between two liberals to hurt a Republican President. There may or may not have been $$$ paid as an inducement. Happened a lot during the campaign.

Smart people change, when something doesn't work. But.... (shrugs shoulders).

edit on 10/18/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

link   

Even if this is true, how in the world is it "disrespecting" her son? He saying that he knew the risks and risked his life anyway. Trump is saying hes a hero. FFS, anyone buying in to this narrative is a completely brainwashed fool.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

No, a phone call sometimes is more respectful. Even if it's a poorly worded one.

Trump screws up a lot. I don't think many people would deny that, and acknowledge the fact that he, and many others are not good at this sort of thing.

I heard someone speaking today who worked for Nixon. He said Nixon was terrible with sentimental comments and condolences, so he got others who were better at it to script what he would say when he called. No shame in that.

If you don't have any heart-felt comments, then borrow someone else's. It would be perfectly acceptable. Fake, but at least affect empathy.

Why didn't Trump do that? I'll tell you why. He's too freaking proud and cock-sure of himself to think he can do any wrong.
He doesn't learn from his mistakes, and I believe there is a word for people who don't learn from their mistakes.

**Bold Is MINE"

The answer is leftist or Democrat. Just look at almost any major city run by democrats over the past 20 years for proof. You asked so I answered.

The real problem is not Trump, it's the R you can't stand. Let's face it if it had a D there this guy would be the product of "Hope and Change" that we have been asking for for a very long time. And lets be honest, he isn't even a republican, yet that pesky R has the left resisting everything he does. If he didn't call, the left would complain. He does call, the left complains. It's more than obvious he can never and will never do anything right in the eyes of the left. That's what is truly sad. We have been begging for a non career politician that hasn't stepped right out of the military to shake things up in Washington, yet he has never been given the chance. The lefts champion says "What difference does it make" to 4 dead soldiers and the left echos, well, she's right, can't change what happened so stop harping on it. Yet, you choose to ridicule this. Good job.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Trump has a track record for not giving a SNIP about our military or country.

Trump cares about Trump. If you think otherwise, it's time to put the cup of orange Kool Aid down my friend...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JustaBill

How about instead of cities, you look at entire states?

Kansas, a red state looks....well, you tell me?

Hows Kansas doing these days

LMFAO

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This would be easier to believe if Trump with past comments and actions, didn't show he had a great degree of empathy and tact.

Oh.. wait.

After the list of things he is on record saying, why would you doubt it? He is who he is.. just own it, you voted for the clown. He calls a mother about his dead son, comes off as "Oh well.. it happens!," and then brags about how he took the time and effort to call parents while prior administrations did not. He didn't even know the soldiers name.

Not sure what is more reprehensible - the things Trump does or says, or his minions who defend his acts and comments with either ridiculous excuses (he tries to sound stupid on purpose!), or blow them off no big deal.. people are just too damn sensitive, get over it.

Trump has about as much tact as a garbage can. And people think it's a breath of fresh air. As Trump would say.. Sad!!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: JustaBill

How about instead of cities, you look at entire states?

Kansas, a red state looks....well, you tell me?

Hows Kansas doing these days

LMFAO

LMFAO is all you can do. Kansas really? Ok, how's Californistan doing? Wanna keep playing this silly "Name the state game?" You will run out before I do. But sure, overlook exactly what I stated concerning Democratically ran cities and pick Kansas. That truly is a LMFAO moment.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Did Trump tell her he will get the guy who made the video that made the demonstrators kill their son?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

That could be good or bad.

It depends what the mission is and if he tries to force it before it's time and gets more people hurt on a vendetta operation.

If they have the opportunity or its necessary for the objective go for it. However making raids to get the guys if it's not pivotal to their mission could also be not a great idea.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

It depends what the mission is and if he tries to force it before it's time and gets more people hurt on a vendetta operation.

If they have the opportunity or its necessary for the objective go for it. However making raids to get the guys if it's not pivotal to their mission could also be not a great idea.

It was an ambush, I'm sure the military knows how to deal with it.

Trump won't have to say a word to them.

That's the difference between his and obama's ROE.

edit on 10 18 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

It was an ambush, I'm sure the military knows how to deal with it.

Trump won't have to say a word to them.

That's the difference between his and obama's ROE.

It's not. He doesn't really listen to his military leaders all the time. He doesn't take their advice.

He act pro military but isn't above using their death to stroke his ego.

And if they were getting Intel or going after a person leading to a bigger terrorist attack and move to a vendetta kill it could be a bad thing.

Or its like you say...but he already proved he will use the military for political gain. And has proven he blind sides his military leaders as well.
edit on 18-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

That's a crock. I feel for their loss, and I'm very sorry for them. That being said, my family would have known the sentiment that the preaident attempted to offer.

● "He knew what he signed up for."
He was aware and willing to give his life in military service. A point of pride and character.

● "When it happens . . . It hurts anyway."
Acknowledging the pain of loss. It happens, we know it can happen. Even so, it doesn't ease the pain. It hurts having lost a loved one.

If the US president called us about the members of our family who did die in combat, then we would be humbled. Even if it were Obama or Hillary (thank God it isn't Hillary) because agree with the politics or not he IS the president. And while maybe not sppken gracefully, Trump's words would have filled us with pride.

And they can feel the way they do. Not everyone perceives things the same way, but I think Trump did nothing a##holish or incorrect this time; he did a good thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

How about in the press conference making it about him and how he is better than previous presidents and cares more for the dead than they ever did?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

How about in the press conference making it about him and how he is better than previous presidents and cares more for the dead than they ever did?

Be fair he held the press conference because the press attacked him for not contacting the families. So he decides to tell them he all ready sent letters and plans to call. I think the idiot was trying to show hes going above and beyond what normally would occur to placate the press,obviously it backfired. But he wasnt bragging he was attepting to efend himself from the press.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Exactly right. This particular widow would have felt the same way, if it were not for the evil Congresswoman influencing her inappropriately. I hope it comes out that the Congresswoman was manipulated the widow, after the call, in order to score political points.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
A visit maybe, or bring them to the White House? Attend their funerals? This isn't asking a whole lot, IMHO. You send 'em off to war, you can look their family in the eyes and tell 'em why.

Anything else is cowardice.

Did Obama visit all the mothers of fallen soldiers? As I remember, the Obama administration didn't even want to say how many soldiers were in the ME, and for a long time denied that there were troops there even after the Obama administration had said at first that there were not troops there anymore.

As for the WaPo?... A CIA source which obviously don't like President Trump because he is not the puppet that they wanted in office?...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rowdyrich
Trump wasn’t wrong, I just recently got out of the military after 20 years. My mother was a wreck every time I deployed. It is what you sign up for, country before self. That’s why it’s the real 1% club to be in, I commend the fallen, they were all brave, all brave for their sacrifice. It’s sad that they lost their life.

Unfortunately we have got pundits in the website trying to politicize and criticize the U.S. President every time they have a chance.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: rowdyrich
Trump wasn’t wrong, I just recently got out of the military after 20 years. My mother was a wreck every time I deployed. It is what you sign up for, country before self. That’s why it’s the real 1% club to be in, I commend the fallen, they were all brave, all brave for their sacrifice. It’s sad that they lost their life.

Unfortunately we have got pundits in the website trying to politicize and criticize the U.S. President every time they have a chance.

Stories like this are starting to have a major impact. People are starting to see all the fake news involving Trump.This concerns me not because i support Trump, but because i dont like him. All these stupid partisan attacks is going to get this moron reelected.latest poll 46 percent of people think the press makes up news to hurt trump. Stories like this will only increase those numbers. When people stop believing the press even facts can be discredited.

This partsan BS needs to stop if it doesnt i can assure you democrats will lose. Time to dump the losing ideas of Clinton you cant attack the man withhout addressing alternatives to his policies. Democrats are doing nothing at this point other then resist. Look at congress we have them sharpening knives but doing nothing to help govern. Sadly if things dont change soon he will get a second term.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join