It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: luthier

I do feel the same. Let the poor woman grieve! Politics be damned!

But if I wanted to place political blame, who is worse? The one who maybe bungled a phone call harder than I can imagine, or the one who used that fact maliciously to increase the grief?

I could not do better than Trump did on the words used... but I could have certainly kept my political desires out of the situation.

TheRedneck

Agreed.
It also seems to be lost on people that a Democrat Congresswoman happened to be there listening in on the call.
Smells like propaganda to me and well planned, shamelessly manipulating the family of a dead soldier for politics.

I don't believe a word of it. On it's face it makes zero sense.

edit on 18/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Let me explain they set a trap he fell for it..

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Or they found a supporter of their cause in this one family and planned the whole response.
If this was his approach, then I expect to hear the same from the other families.

edit on 18/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Umm, there wasn't any trap, just the usual liberal twist and shake of what really happened. Democrats can be pretty disgusting, but I'll extend the olive branch and say this whole event is disgusting as it is being politicized.

Remember the Leftist Liberal MO? "Never let a tragedy go to waste."

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If he was a real man he would have thought and protected the dead at the press conference not used it to say I am better for doing what I do.

You suck it up like GWB letting mom's go off on him..

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

They both love it. Remember 911? They invaded an enemy of the terrorists who bombed the tower with Iraq invasion..f them all.

Country before party.
edit on 18-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Like the Khan family in 2016, this Widow is just overly sensitive. And is probably a Democrat.

Can you imagine what Hillary Clinton would say to families of fallen Soldiers?!
Remember when seals killed in Benghazi were met at Dover air force base by Hillary and Joe Biden? Hillary promised one mother that she would find and prosecute the person who made the video that caused the attack when she knew it was a lie? And Joe said to a grieving father "Boy your son must have had a big pair of balls!" Where was the outrage? I sure Trump meant no disrespect no matter how it sounded to her. Biden also had some other zingers there is a you tube where Biden is standing next to a 13 year old girl the microphone catches him asking her "Do you know how horny I am standing next to a 13 year old girl? where was the outrage....ckickets

edit on 18-10-2017 by PsychicCroMag because: slight correction tense

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Are we arguing he didn't know?

Is the argument he thought his job was very safe with no risk?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I already posted something like this last night, and after the Trump goon squad got all conniption fits as usual, it seems to be lost.

Trump lacks tact. He may have tried to mumble something and it came out like sh__ on a stick.

Trumps an unsophisticated person who doesn’t have any social graces beyond your average cab driver

He's a rich Archie Bunker

I think you described him pretty well there.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Not to mention Democrats are the ones who first politicized it ... And now feign anger at Trump politicizing it.

If they really thought this shouldn't be politicized then they wouldn't have jumped at the chance to do so.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Note that they refuse to politicize any of the other conversations the president had with soldier's families, save for the ones they could construe as callous and mean. Fairness was once a guiding principle of journalism.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Note that they refuse to politicize any of the other conversations the president had with soldier's families, save for the ones they could construe as callous and mean. Fairness was once a guiding principle of journalism.

He didn't have to take the bait. He could have said it was a great loss and I am sorry she feels that way like an officer would.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

He didn't have to take the bait. He could have said it was a great loss and I am sorry she feels that way like an officer would.

He could have told them to go eff themselves and none of it would have changed anything.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

He could have told them to go eff themselves and none of it would have changed anything.

It would have for me, vets, and soldiers.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
She's lucky her son died for his country. There's no greater honor.

He could've not joined, under his own will, just like Trump said, and gotten shot up banging around town.

At least he died with honor.

It's too bad she's ruining it for him.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I do feel the same. Let the poor woman grieve! Politics be damned!

But if I wanted to place political blame, who is worse? The one who maybe bungled a phone call harder than I can imagine, or the one who used that fact maliciously to increase the grief?

I could not do better than Trump did on the words used... but I could have certainly kept my political desires out of the situation.

TheRedneck

Agreed.
It also seems to be lost on people that a Democrat Congresswoman happened to be there listening in on the call.
Smells like propaganda to me and well planned, shamelessly manipulating the family of a dead soldier for politics.

I don't believe a word of it. On it's face it makes zero sense.

I don't believe she listened in on the call...She was in a vehicle with the soldier's wife and others while the wife supposedly recounted that portion of the conversation with Trump...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

He could have. And the Democrats could not have looked to politicize this then have faux outrage over it being politicized.

Trump is not a good speaker. Only one side looked to intentionally be spiteful here, and it's not Trump.

link   

It would have for me, vets, and soldiers.

Perhaps had the media politicized all of the conversations you wouldn't be feeling that way. At the very least we would have a better grasp of what actually occurred.

Seek consolation and lullabies from your priests, parents and loved ones.

link   
a reply to: Tempter

They all are. The scumbag politician in Florida and trump bragging about who calls more people.

link   
a reply to: Iscool

She said it was on speaker so she could hear it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join