It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

What if there is literally nothing to apologize for?

Hurting the feelings of a grieving family is nothing?

Wouldn't an apology be perceived as some sort of admission of guilt?
That he hurt the feelings of a grieving family? Ok, our Trump is incapable of feeling guilt over anything. We know that. But at least he could act like he's a real boy instead of, whatever.

Personally I think this whole debacle is disgusting and should be put to rest along with the soldiers soul.
Then Trump should drop it instead of tweeting about it.

edit on 10/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Like the Khan family in 2016, this Widow is just overly sensitive. And is probably a Democrat.

Can you imagine what Hillary Clinton would say to families of fallen Soldiers?!

I can....

"At this point what difference does it make?"

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What if there is literally nothing to apologize for?

Hurting the feelings of a grieving family is nothing?

Wouldn't an apology be perceived as some sort of admission of guilt?
That he hurt the feelings of a grieving family? Ok, our Trump is incapable of feeling guilt over anything. We know that. But at least he could act like he is human.

Personally I think this whole debacle is disgusting and should be put to rest along with the soldiers soul.
Then Trump should drop it instead of tweeting about it.

Let's say...

Okay hey look Trump apologized but you know what? He didn't come across as being sincere. So I think Trump should pay a personal visit to my home and get down on his knees and beg for forgiveness....

...would you believe it? Trump flew to the home! By God! He polluted the environment during his trip on his way to the widow's house! GASP! And you know what else? The Widow was so offended by the smell of Trumps Cologne she couldn't stand to hear three words of the apology before she had to storm away!

Trump (unknowingly) wore the same Cologne the Soldier used to wear!

Hang him high!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Okay hey look Trump apologized but you know what? He didn't come across as being sincere. So I think Trump should pay a personal visit to my home and get down on his knees and beg for forgiveness....

Probably not.

But we know Trump is incapable of error, incapable of prevarication, so it's moot. It's all on the grieving family.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

In what form should the apology have taken?

Tweet? ....It's too impersonal
Phone call? .....didn't the last one not work out so well?
Letter? ......it's too impersonal
Email? ......yeah right

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Tweet: Hell no. Too much of that as is.
Letter: Good. Not "too impersonal."
Email: I don't think he knows how to do that.

Phone call: Yes.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

These written words lack the tone and inflection of speech. "Good Morning" could sound like a death threat if you tried hard enough. When I first read what Trump said I immediately wondered why anyone would be upset about it. But then, I wasn't looking at it like I was trying to find a reason to vilify Trump. What I saw was, "...he must have known what he signed up for". Just that partial sentence, possibly out of context.

When I served, that was one thing we were constantly reminded of - its part of what we signed up for. The reason they constantly reminded us of that was not to scare us. It was to tell us why the people who have the desire to serve, knowing they could make the ultimate sacrifice, should b e treated with respect. To state that is not disrespect, it is a compliment You are brave, patriotic and have a great sense of civic duty. You should be proud.

Now if Trump had said something like, "Hey, at least its one less mouth to feed..." Yeah, go ahead and vilify the man. He would deserve it.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

What you posted above is spot on in my view .

The people criticizing this would criticize anything they could to have a shot at trump, right or wrong.....its a repetitive cycle we may as well get used to.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Guess what? People criticize every president. Some deal with it with more grace than others. Trump, no grace. No style.
Nothing but attack. Never wrong. Pretty damned insecure.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure people generally criticize pretty much everything at every opportunity, trump just seems to bring out a special kind of continuous criticism.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

There were a couple of times where he seemed to be doing better. Until he went off the teleprompter.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

He needs to do that every now and again to keep the loyal base believing he is the real deal.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I just read more about this, and the whole thing is ridiculous, everyone involved is taking this way too far. I find it weird that the congresswoman listened in on a phone call from Trump without telling him, and then made a big deal about it and possibly even took it out of context.

I definitely understand what Phage is saying about being disrespectful to the family, but even after reading the quotes, I get the impression that Trump made a blunder and didn't mean any harm by it.

Then, we have Trump calling her a liar (he could have apologized, although that seems to be a no-no in politics), and Kelly lying about the congresswoman's speech.

Maybe I'm insensitive, but I can't believe this is taking up the media as much as it is. A lot of that is the fact that everyone involved keeps on fueling the fire.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Luthier... apparently you are misinformed.

The only reason we know about it at all... is because of this Congresswoman grandstanding to make hate Trump points.

My take from the get go, has been that Kelly doesn't much like Trump. But his own son died in Afghanistan a few years back. He's been there.

He watched this same Congresswoman grandstand in a completely inappropriate way at the dedication of an FBI building, named after 2 agents who died in a gun battle with drug traffickers (...which led to a rethinking of the caliber of FBI service pistols) while the deceased's family members were in attendance, along with the 3 agents who were wounded.

It was a solemn occasion... until this same Congresswoman stood up and tooted her horn about what a great politician she is. Kelly and everyone else in the room were stunned... they shrugged it off... because the performance was by a typical dirtbag politician.

And just so we're clear... this congresswoman's race has nothing to do with the fact she is a dirtbag. Race has NOTHING to do with it. She's just that out of touch.

Emanuel Cleaver. Ever heard of him? Probably not. He serves the 5th District of Missouri, and has since 2005. He's a Democrat. I don't know how effective a Congressman he has been... I moved out of the district years ago. But he's not a noisy gong. He's a good man... decent, kind, and treats people with dignity, and doesn't make a big deal out of stuff.

Congresswoman Wilson is a dirtbag. Period. But she knows how to manipulate the media for her own aggrandizement. Big damn deal. Pond scum has more integrity than she does.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The only thing to do about people like you is to lol at them. If you honestly believe that trump was trying to disrespect a fallen soldier, you're lost. IMO, this was a political setup, yet again. I mean, why else would a dem rep be present when the president calls (the phone call is scheduled, it's not random), eavesdrop (decent people would give privacy to the mother of a fallen soldier when the president calls her), and immediately politicize it?

What we have here is an extreme case of confirmation bias. You believe trump is the worst person on the face of the earth so you believe he would disrespect a fallen soldier's family.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I hear everything from “he didn’t mean it” to “she was overly sensitive and probably a Democrat”— I don’t think anyone expects an actual thoughtful response from the bottomless Trump supporters.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

bull crap. the congresswoman is a close personal friend of the deceased and she was concerned regarding the silence from the white house regarding the tragedy. now it's being investigated and people are aware. how is that bad?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The only reason we know about it at all... is because of this Congresswoman grandstanding to make hate Trump points.

No. The only reason we know about this is because Trump's team alerted the press that he would be calling the widow, enroute to receive her husband's remains, and the media was there waiting for them. So, as soon as Congresswoman Wilson stepped out of the limo, the press immediately began asking "Did the President call?" "What did he say?"

Ooops! The White House didn't get the response they were hoping for! So, attack the messenger, who happens to be a Democrat!

LOL Typical Trumpian mess!
edit on 21-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I just read more about this, and the whole thing is ridiculous, everyone involved is taking this way too far. I find it weird that the congresswoman listened in on a phone call from Trump without telling him,

According to Trump, the call was on speaker from his end, and Chief of Staff Kelly was in the room, as well as number of other unnamed people, who Trump assures us all heard Trump being "nice", without telling La David Johnson's widow that they were eavesdropping!

edit on 21-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No. The only reason we know about this is because Trump's team alerted the press that he would be calling the widow, enroute to receive her husband's remains, and the media was there waiting for them. So, as soon as Congresswoman Wilson stepped out of the limo, the press immediately began asking "Did the President call?" "What did he say?"

Ooops! The White House didn't get the response they were hoping for! So, attack the messenger, who happens to be a Democrat!

LOL Typical Trumpian mess!

You don't really expect trump supporters to believe the truth, do you? But I admire your tenacity.

trump's talking heads on TV last night were even saying "she ran to the press within minutes". All the lies are disturbing, and it looks like they are coming from anybody associated with the man. Another person on TV last night who has known trump for years said "everybody trump touches rots on the vine". Not a pleasant thought for a person in charge of the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join