It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Don't forget the hep epidemic in that lovely 😆 state.

😷😷

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Look at the list...its all highly liberalized urban centers. Charlottsville and Austin? Really?

A real question to ask is: are city folks happier than rural folks. Its all well and good to compare urban population centers....but why do the country folk get left out time and time again?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Kelly and others were in the room and said Trump was respectful.

Because those people know ALL about being respectful....

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Yep hes a racist......even if some gots to sell they soul and brave blood to prove it.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoxVirtus

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Kelly and others were in the room and said Trump was respectful.

Because those people know ALL about being respectful....

You guys rolling with this simply shows deep depravity and desperation. Like Wrath of Khan......from the heart of hell I stab at thee Kirk.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

You should have quit while you were behind. Using the exact same site as a source, Worst Cities in America lets take a look at the Worst cities in America. Out of the top 25, the mayors political party... 1 Independent, 2 Republican, 22 Democrat. Guess you now have something else to brag about. Reaffirms my theory that Democratic run cities are the worst in America as I initially stated. Great try though! Some friendly advice, never use the Liberals People Republic of Californistan to support your position. It has way too many problems and clearly shows you don't think of the rest of the United States. I know maybe you can come back with which city has the warmest bread.

edit on 10 19 2017 by JustaBill because: Changed You should have quit while you behind to You should have quit while you "were" behind.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

It would make that list a lot less questionable if you would define 'happiness.' It sounds to me lile California got 'happy' making others miserable.

That's not really happiness in my book. I don't get 'happy' over making others unhappy. But, it kinda explains the social politics out there...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux

originally posted by: [post=22782461]carewemust

Can you imagine what Hillary Clinton would say to families of fallen Soldiers?!

I know.. I know. She would tell their families that at this point what difference does it make.

After six years on here and reading hundreds of anti Iraq, and Afghanistan threads.

Trump haters was against respecting the military and the fallen until they were for it.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So, for all of you trashing Trump on this, answer just one question. Do you really think he called that widow intending to do anything but comfort her?

When you speak you add tone and inflection to convey your message. I highly doubt he delivered that line, which all who have served understand, with any malice.

Geesh, quit watching CNN/MSNBC/etc.. The truth is out there and its not on the TV.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DrChandra

Do you really think he called that widow intending to do anything but comfort her?
Pretty sure that's what he intended.

Now a couple for you:
1) Why did he tweet that what Wilson said was a "total fabrication?"

2) Why, when told that the family was offended, did he not apologize for unintentionally doing so?

edit on 10/20/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Like the Khan family in 2016, this Widow is just overly sensitive. And is probably a Democrat.

Great job hitting all the important troll points. Minimize, redirect, mention Hillary.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: DanteGaland

a reply to: JustaBill

EIGHT out of the top 25 happiest places in America are in California:

23. San Diego-Carlsbad, CA

20. Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA

17. San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA

13. Salinas, CA

12. Santa Maria-Santa Barbara, CA

6. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA

5. San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles-Arroyo Grande, CA

And ranking in at number 2....

2. Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA

HMMM...Looking at the National Geographic list here.... I don't see many places in RED STATES as being "happy" to live in.

Reaffirms my theory that conservatives enjoy being miserable and blaming progressives...

San Diego has one of the highest, if not THE highest homeless rate.
Oxnard is 75% Hispanic with a high rate of low income.
San Francisco is the gay capital of the country and illegals kill innocent victims for no reason.
Salinas is 77% Hispanic and quite impoverished.
Santa Maria is 73% Hispanic with a high rate of low income.
San Jose is majority Asian, the crime rate isn't very good.
San Luis Obispo is 72% white with middle class income.
Santa Cruz is 64% white with upper middle class income.

I could see how three of these might make the list, but there are cities across America that are 100 times better.

For example, the town I live in (in a red state of course) is 77% white, upper middle class income, and since 2001, there's been one homicide and two rapes. All the cities you named above have double and triple digit murders every year and low income. I'm not quite sure where you got that information but as long as you think you got one over on Conservatives and you believe red states are miserable then that's one less progressive we have to worry about burning a building over a message he hates.

Have a good day.

The LINK is literally. Where. I. Got. The. Information.

Try clicking links. Amazing things happen.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This all smacks of recoil of that Generals vid the other day. He pretty much paraphrased that mothers recounting of the call.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

With the polarization of people the haters seem to grasp at any semblance of a straw. Both sides do it. Ol' Dr O had his fair share of picking on every word.

In this case I'm willing to wager that the mothers recounting of this is a paraphrase of the actual call to get the proper spin. I'd love to be wrong mind you. But after the last eight years and the start of this administration I don't think our current POTUS could take a dump to make people happy.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
My goodness he is some character isn't he? It just never stops. The pile of dirt from Trump and this administration grows day by day.

The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump “did disrespect my son” with remarks in a condolence telephone call.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson’s mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson’s widow, Myeshia Johnson. She also stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Myeshia Johnson that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

“President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband,” Jones-Johnson said.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Oh there's this, further down the article:

Trump lashed back at Wilson. He denied her account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had “proof” that the exchange did not go as Wilson had described. Trump did not elaborate,

www.washingtonpost.com...

He'll elaborate further huh? Just like he was going to elaborate further on his so called investigators in Hawaii who "could not believe" what they found on Obama. Or maybe the time he elaborated further with us on his plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days? I mean we're still waiting for him to elaborate with us on Tax returns he promised at the beginning of his campaign.

Maybe his supporters can elaborate with us once again on this situation with the fallen soldier and Trumps twitter comments.

I'll leave this:

Wilson went on to say Trump “was almost like joking. He said, ‘Well, I guess you knew’ — something to the effect that ‘he knew what he was getting into when he signed up, but I guess it hurts anyway.’ You know, just matter-of-factly, that this is what happens, anyone who is signing up for military duty is signing up to die. That’s the way we interpreted it. It was horrible. It was insensitive. It was absolutely crazy, unnecessary. I was livid.”

“She was in tears. She was in tears. And she said, ‘He didn’t even remember his name.’ ”

Myeshia Johnson confirmed the account described above.

Let's not forget, this entire situation has been blown from Trump himself when he decided to make a big deal about Obama supposedly not visiting or contacting the parents of fallen soldiers. Just like the anthem kneeling incident, he's blown the matter online, and now here we are, once again. It's a circus.

This is just a reiteration of the original story.

How is denying an event happened the way the woman said it did considered "lashing out"?

Was there INTENT? Yes.

The INTENT of the call is obvious. It is obvious that President Trump INTENDED to console the widow.

The lady is likely being pressured by Trump haters to try and build momentum for a lawsuit. And so many desperate leftists are buying into this BS
all in the name of an attempt to defame President Trump and even at the GD
expense of this fine soldier's HONOR! Let the man die with some effing dignity!

edit on 10/21/2017 by Alien Abduct because: Thanks for the spell correction Phage

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The lady is likely being pressured by Trump haters to try and build momentum for a lawsuit.

Probably not.
But an apology wouldn't have hurt. Even an insincere, "I'm sorry you were offended."

Instead, denial. Because, of course, the president is never wrong. Ever. Right?

an attempt to defame President Trump and even at the GD
expense of this fine soldier's HONER!
That's honor. The soldier has lost none.

edit on 10/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: carewemust
Like the Khan family in 2016, this Widow is just overly sensitive. And is probably a Democrat.

Great job hitting all the important troll points. Minimize, redirect, mention Hillary.

Thank-you!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

I think you really hit the nail on the head and the lefty media exploits it maliciously.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

You know who started the kerfuffle, right?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The lady is likely being pressured by Trump haters to try and build momentum for a lawsuit.

Probably not.
But an apology wouldn't have hurt. Instead, denial.

What if there is literally nothing to apologize for? Wouldn't an apology be perceived as some sort of admission of guilt? Of course it would!

Personally I think this whole debacle is disgusting and should be put to rest along with the soldiers soul.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join