It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: windword

Classy. Politicizing a hero's widow.

Everything Trump does or says it to politicize something. He politicized this crap the instant he opened his mouth. Don't like it? Maybe you shouldn't have voted for an idiot.

Someone isn't paying attention, it was that race pimp who decided to turn this into a circus, dude.

Someone isn't paying attention. That would be you.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The only ones ever to give me any personal grief were leftist pansies.

It might be because you call them pansies.

Whether Trump gave a parade or said someone that got everyone bent out of shape doesn't change the fact that another soldier is dead and leftist assholes are getting more mileage out of his corpse than Elon Musk and his electric cars!

Great. Now it's time for the time-honored "How dare you politicize this!" defense.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: rowdyrich
Trump wasn’t wrong, I just recently got out of the military after 20 years. My mother was a wreck every time I deployed. It is what you sign up for, country before self. That’s why it’s the real 1% club to be in, I commend the fallen, they were all brave, all brave for their sacrifice. It’s sad that they lost their life.

Unfortunately we have got pundits in the website trying to politicize and criticize the U.S. President every time they have a chance.

Stories like this are starting to have a major impact. People are starting to see all the fake news involving Trump.This concerns me not because i support Trump, but because i dont like him. All these stupid partisan attacks is going to get this moron reelected.latest poll 46 percent of people think the press makes up news to hurt trump. Stories like this will only increase those numbers. When people stop believing the press even facts can be discredited.

This partsan BS needs to stop if it doesnt i can assure you democrats will lose. Time to dump the losing ideas of Clinton you cant attack the man withhout addressing alternatives to his policies. Democrats are doing nothing at this point other then resist. Look at congress we have them sharpening knives but doing nothing to help govern. Sadly if things dont change soon he will get a second term.

Those "fake news" stories, liberal politicians, and liberal ATS members are a good gauge of the President's job performance. When you see them foaming at the mouth with anger, or focusing on FAKE stories, like the fallen soldier's widow..."The Donald" must be doing really good things for the country.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Being a vet... I do not think there is enough information to make a decision one way or another.

Quoting some phrases out of the original context is self serving.

Unless I can see the whole conversation, I will take a pass on this one.
edit on R412017-10-19T02:41:12-05:00k4110Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

A good start would be to look at WHO has a NEGATIVE track-record, when it comes to supporting our fine men and women of the U.S. military:

The Florida Democrat who criticized President Donald Trump this week for being "insensitive" toward the widow of a U.S. soldier slain in Africa might be facing similar criticism herself.

It turns out that U.S. Rep. Frederica Wilson has frequently voted against measures intended to help veterans and their families, according to an online vote tracker.

The measures that Wilson opposed included a bill which would have ensured that families of four soldiers slain in Afghanistan in 2013 received death and burial benefits.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

President Trump expresses the same empathy, condolences, and pride when speaking to every family of fallen soldiers, just like he did when consoling the victims, and families of those murdered in Las Vegas.

It is most likely that Frederica Wilson influenced the soldier's widow in a negative fashion. As someone in power, Congresswoman Wilson is worse than the NFL players who insult those who have died for our country.

edit on 10/19/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wasn't totally aware that was how it happened, but it doesn't surprise me. That's dirty.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Oh, sorry, I thought Trump was supposedly different from Obama??

The logistics are difficult, but hardly insurmountable, if you're going to take the time to make a phone call, surely taking a little more time to have a personal face to face is doable?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Oh, sorry, I thought Trump was supposedly different from Obama??

The logistics are difficult, but hardly insurmountable, if you're going to take the time to make a phone call, surely taking a little more time to have a personal face to face is doable?

wapo.st...

Not everyone takes phone callsthe same way.
edit on 10/19/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
trumpers like cnn people

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JustaBill

EIGHT out of the top 25 happiest places in America are in California:

23. San Diego-Carlsbad, CA

20. Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA

17. San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA

13. Salinas, CA

12. Santa Maria-Santa Barbara, CA

6. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA

5. San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles-Arroyo Grande, CA

And ranking in at number 2....

2. Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA

HMMM...Looking at the National Geographic list here.... I don't see many places in RED STATES as being "happy" to live in.

Reaffirms my theory that conservatives enjoy being miserable and blaming progressives...
edit on 19-10-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
LIVING SOLDIER to "Grieving "mother :No Ma'am, THA'TS what happens when you love a party, MORE than your own blood, using perceived grief as a tool is QUITE disgusting,as well as without honor.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
LIVING SOLDIER to "Grieving "mother :No Ma'am, THA'TS what happens when you love a party, MORE than your own blood, using perceived grief as a tool is QUITE disgusting,as well as without honor.

Are you victim shaming

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree! This is cold hearted and uncaring. Sick. Not funny. Poor taste.

Take the poor attempt of political bashing out of the picture. What do you see? Look carefully and let it soak in for a moment.

A brave soldier being brought home to rest. A wife that is grief stricken. A flag draped coffin filled with bravery of a young man following orders while serving his country. It is a very, very sad photo when the cartoon is removed. My heart goes out to his family and I thank him for serving in our military. I pray for their comfort in this hard time of loss.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Democrats and anti Trump fanatics make up lies all the timem

Buddy is your head too far up Trump's arse to realize he is a pathological liar?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I don't use PC terms ,explain ...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: fworkman

If you look carefully, you would see (and be questioning) that a Democrat congresswoman was in a limo on speaker phone with the mother at the time of the call and you'd be asking WTF is that all about.

Other people heard what Trump said and they did not think he was in any way disrespectful. Why would he be? Everything we have seen from him suggests that he values the military very highly.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I cannot imagine the anguish this poor woman is going through. Her beloved husband, a hero by any stretch of definition, is gone forever from her life. I can think of no way possible to break such news that could be considered truly 'tactful.'

I am only glad it wasn't me having to make that call. I would not know what to say or how to say it. I would probably just not say anything until she hung up... not out of any disrespect, but out of lack of knowing what to say.

He said Sgt. Johnson "knew what he was signing up for." I see one side saying that was disrespectful, that it was some sort of a dismissal of the tragedy. But I hear it a different way: he knew what could happen, but he was brave enough to go anyway. He was a hero, not for dying in service, but for having the bravery to go into service knowing that was a possibility. The former sounds disrespectful, but the latter sounds quite different. I will choose to believe Trump meant the latter.

But regardless of what he said or how he said it, Trump didn't have to make that call. He could have written a letter (or had a professional write it and sign it). It would have been easier, faster, less dangerous politically. He could have never said a word. But no, he called... the leader of the free world took the time to make a phone call to a grieving widow. I'll not fault him for that. No one should fault him for that.

The wife of a fallen hero is heartbroken... she is devastated. She is not responsible for her words, her actions, her interpretation of what was said. I give her a well-deserved pass. I will not fault her for what was done or said in such a time of mourning.

I will fault those who chose to politicize this story... Fredricka Wilson is a piece of sub-human filth that doesn't deserve the oxygen she is wasting. The reporters at the Washington Post fall in the same category. They are trying to score political points on the grave of a fallen hero using the tears of a grieving widow. How despicable, how deplorable, how absolutely reprehensible can a person be? There is apparently no limit to the depths of depravity these animals will stoop to. A possum has more compassion, a rattlesnake more empathy, a sewer rat more decorum.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson, may you rest in peace, sir. You deserve all my respect. Cowanda Jones-Johnson, may you be comforted by a power higher than myself, for I have no power to comfort you as much as you deserve or need. Donald Trump, thank you for trying.

Fredricka Wilson, may God have mercy on whatever soul you may still possess...

TheRedneck

Well said.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I bet. Tons of social services, very relaxed pot laws (seriously...they are selling it on Facebook out there), great weather (when its not on fire), amazing food

Lots to love about California. I just don't like their social policies.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Well, you know they can't have a righty come in and clean the pile of crap they left on the floor. It looks good for us, so they lie and create division.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

a reply to: JustaBill

EIGHT out of the top 25 happiest places in America are in California:

23. San Diego-Carlsbad, CA

20. Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA

17. San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA

13. Salinas, CA

12. Santa Maria-Santa Barbara, CA

6. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA

5. San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles-Arroyo Grande, CA

And ranking in at number 2....

2. Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA

HMMM...Looking at the National Geographic list here.... I don't see many places in RED STATES as being "happy" to live in.

Reaffirms my theory that conservatives enjoy being miserable and blaming progressives...

San Diego has one of the highest, if not THE highest homeless rate.
Oxnard is 75% Hispanic with a high rate of low income.
San Francisco is the gay capital of the country and illegals kill innocent victims for no reason.
Salinas is 77% Hispanic and quite impoverished.
Santa Maria is 73% Hispanic with a high rate of low income.
San Jose is majority Asian, the crime rate isn't very good.
San Luis Obispo is 72% white with middle class income.
Santa Cruz is 64% white with upper middle class income.

I could see how three of these might make the list, but there are cities across America that are 100 times better.

For example, the town I live in (in a red state of course) is 77% white, upper middle class income, and since 2001, there's been one homicide and two rapes. All the cities you named above have double and triple digit murders every year and low income. I'm not quite sure where you got that information but as long as you think you got one over on Conservatives and you believe red states are miserable then that's one less progressive we have to worry about burning a building over a message he hates.

Have a good day.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join