It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Needs doctor's approval for power wheelchair/mobility scooter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
It is not too late to lose weight, and that is what you desperately need to do

You have to brutal about your shape when you look in a mirror and know you have to do something about it as you do realise your heart is under a lot of strain from the extra weight

Stick to a diet, drink lots of water and that weight will drop

When you lose enough to be active again,gentle exercise-long walks etc etc

You alone are in charge of your body, you need the focus and will power to change things now

Couldn't agree more that or sit in a chair the rest of your life and wait for death (sound harsh I know). Oddly I cannot understand the reason as you are not paralyzed from the neck down? Have all your appendages? Nothing life threatening to get you off that floor if you go down other than a poor lifestyle.

I have sympathy, I truly do, but weight loss/gain is typically a lifestyle choice made with excuses, and reaffirmed with negativity and justified by sympathy from others!

I know I was there (that is all I am sharing). I chose the hard row to hoe...

I am going to leave this here and leave this thread now as I have heard nothing positive of wanting change in your life, but instead excuses on why you don't get the easy way handed to you, why if you try you will just end up on the floor (gotta start somewhere!) and wanting support to those sad goals (I don't like to be dragged down by negativity)...

Yoga literally changed my life and could change yours to (even learning meditation, positive self-talk, breathing), but again it is the hard choice and the hard road, it is so worth it! I hope you watch this as it is literally the same thing you are justifying as he did as well!

Good luck to you!

edit on ambAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 19 Oct 2017 09:20:51 -0500am9America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Check with your local Senior Alliance or Senior Services in your county/township city (disably disadvantaged fall under that as well in most cases even if not a senior).

My uncle just now returned home to his rural lake, cerebral hemorrhage, cannot walk nor speak, trach in and adult diapers.

A challenge for sure.. but the next is appointments.. Will have to be stretcher and by Medical Transport (I'm that as an EMT as well).

As I search things out this week and next.. I'll forward you as info that may help you ease your burden) *

*What county do you live in and would your physicians be in the same? I can dig... Best

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
It is not too late to lose weight, and that is what you desperately need to do

You have to brutal about your shape when you look in a mirror and know you have to do something about it as you do realise your heart is under a lot of strain from the extra weight

Stick to a diet, drink lots of water and that weight will drop

When you lose enough to be active again,gentle exercise-long walks etc etc

You alone are in charge of your body, you need the focus and will power to change things now

If I could just get my Medicare straightened out I could get the help I need to lose weight. It is very difficult with the medical and mobility issues I have, and I was already told I'm an excellent candidate for weight loss surgery.

I wish I could get the attention of someone in Washington who would do something about that charge. A temporary waiver was granted for some people, but I was told I'm not eligible for it.

Believe me, I don't like living like this and with all I've been going through, I am tempted to throw in the towel and give up on getting healthy again.

I'd hate to give those bullies in Washington the satisfaction.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: dianajune

Check with your local Senior Alliance or Senior Services in your county/township city (disably disadvantaged fall under that as well in most cases even if not a senior).

My uncle just now returned home to his rural lake, cerebral hemorrhage, cannot walk nor speak, trach in and adult diapers.

A challenge for sure.. but the next is appointments.. Will have to be stretcher and by Medical Transport (I'm that as an EMT as well).

As I search things out this week and next.. I'll forward you as info that may help you ease your burden) *

*What county do you live in and would your physicians be in the same? I can dig... Best

I'm in Oswego County about 15 miles north of Syracuse. The NP is in this village.

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Your post has me thinking, I ran across this:

Adjust
Adjust to what is. Work with the tide, the seasons, light and
darkness.

Yes, have a plan and work the plan. At the same time a plan
can be changed, objectives can be modified, and timelines can
be adjusted.

No, not because you are not working but for a
valid reason.

Our plan, our goals are a roadmap of where we are going and
the expected time of arrival. We need a plan, and we need to
work the plan.

We also have to adjust the plan. As we proceed with our plan,
unforeseen issues may develop, and we need to adjust to
accommodate them.

That is not failure or wrong. It is working
with what is, and what the current conditions present.

While we have a plan and are working the plan, we also need to
be flexible and adjust.

If we are on a boat, and our course
takes us where there are strong currents, we are well served to
adjust to go when the current is with us rather than against us.

Adjusting is working with what is.

There are things we cannot
change and should not be fighting.

As we proceed, we need to
adjust to work with what is. Working with what is and being in
harmony with what is allows us to accomplish. To fight it is
wrong and will result in wasted time, energy, and perhaps less
than preferred results.

To adjust is not to fail. To adjust is to realign as needed. To
adjust is to do what is needed to be successful.
Adjust and work with what is. You will be more successful and
happier.

In other words, be flexible - don't fixate on 'the right' solution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join