It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Puerto Rican Secretary Of State Blows Whistle On Hurricane Relief Fraud, Finds Unopened US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hurricane Harvey hit us on the evening of August 25th. Many people lost everything. 100% of the government subsidized housing for the poor in our city was completely wiped out. We still have people living in tents and/or the shell of their house that may have survived the storm.

Just last week, my son and I went and helped insulate and sheetrock a tool shed for a 78yr old lady who was living in a dome tent where here home used to be, just so she could have a real roof over her head at night while she waits for FEMA to fulfill their promise to furnish her with a trailer, which is still over a month away according to FEMA. She still has nowhere to cook, bathe or go to the restroom and the only clothes she has are those on her back.

For weeks, what few businesses that were able to open, did so without doors, roofs or electric power. Today, about a third of our businesses are open although many are only able to provide partial service or limited menus. One reason for this is an almost nonexistent supply of minimum wage workers because their housing was destroyed and most, if not all, had to relocate to San Antonio or even further away. Every business that is open has “Help Wanted” signs in their window.

Recovery is a slow process and while some things will never be the same again, (I still have over 100 downed oak trees on my ten acres, some over 400yrs old.) I would imagine it will be two years or more before we’re anywhere close to being back to normal.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

The New York Times doesn't have a bad reputation nor is it failing as one particular moron would have you believe.

That is like comparing your kids art on the refrigerator to something hanging in the Met.

edit on 10182017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

You make the comment that Puerto Ricans are US Citizens. Puerto Rico is a US Territory; they've rejected state hood in recent elections, and they've rejected independence in recent elections. I honestly couldn't understand why, but now I sorta get it. By remaining a Territory, they get all the benefits of free money from the US taxpayers, while the US gets no benefit from "owning" Puerto Rico that I can see except maybe some good baseball players.

After this episode, there will be fewer than 2 million people in Puerto Rico; a million have already left and its expected another million will leave because of this storm. It will be a drain on the US taxpayers for generations to come.

If I’m not mistaken, a majority of Puerto Rican’s have voted in favor of statehood more than once in the past and it was our congress who rejected them stating that the majority was big enough. I believe that congress wants to see an “overwhelming majority” in favor of statehood before they will consider granting it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I predict this gets moved to LOL.

I already alerted them.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Trump makes himself look bad he doesn't need any help.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Except they pay federal taxes.

Ut oh .

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I had just started when I made that post.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You're late for the party. It's not food being thrown away and it's not a dumpster.
Probably a distribution point.
Damn such good righteousness being wasted.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

And at the other end was a wet opened box which was what I was talking about.
In any event this isn't food being thrown away so it really doesn't matter.
The whole thread is a big fat waste of time and space.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Looks like the back of a truck to me back up to a object to slow down on theft..

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And at the other end was a wet opened box which was what I was talking about. In any event this isn't food being thrown away so it really doesn't matter. The whole thread is a big fat waste of time and space.

in your opinion, i also remember your opinion on a couple of others things that turned out wrong.

edit on 18-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: did you note the plastic to go box that looks like it has lettuce and tomato in it he pulled out of one. humm... i wonder if that is fit to serve/hand out after being in a wet box for who knows how long.

edit on 18-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: statement

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Pretty sure that's not a dumpster. Looks more like the back of a military transport truck. How would they have forklifted wrapped pallets into a dumpster?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How would they have forklifted wrapped pallets into a dumpster?

i've seen pallets that were busted all to pieces that fork lifts picked up off/out of the back of trailers.not hard at all, forks on a fork lift can be adjusted to fit just about anything they want to pick up. some can even squeeze the what their lifting. warped pallets are not a problem.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

How can you say that? Have you been to Puerto Rico? Do you have any inside info, news/facts? If so please share.

We have family in San Juan, so little info is coming out we're desperate for and appreciate any news. Good/bad we want to hear actual accounts from all sides.

Corruption in Puerto Rico is out of control, has been for awhile. So this type of outrageous behavior isn't that hard to believe. The best of their population is leaving, many have relocated to the US mainland. The military isn't as active as it once was and the remaining population is aging.

Older folks with no power/connections have no voice, life for them was a struggle before the hurricane. As the outflow of people continues, the dwindling population is left exposed to the run away corruption/big fish, little pond syndrome and are very susceptible to manipulation/exploitation.

Unless we hear it directly from family, it's hard to believe most of what's reported but I'm still thankful for the attention. While I find this thread heartbreaking, I wouldn't call it a "big fat waste of time and space." At least people are talking, asking questions/taking an interest and for that I'm grateful. I would very much like to thank the OP for bringing this to our attention, as with most things, I will follow up.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

if you scroll about half way down , you'll find a video with him speaking in english about what happened.

don't know much about twitter or how to id the post i don't use it, and i assume you have to have a account to link it. so here a screen shot of the post

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
fbi needs to fly down ther and arrest the demotards for this stealing food and water from hurricane victims to make pres look bad hell throw them to angry mob let them dole out justice.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

here from the USDA website,

Is an MRE shelf stable? Yes. MRE's are shelf stable because they have been commercially sterilized by heat in a sealed container to destroy bacteria that can make it unsafe or spoil the food. Like food in metal cans, MRE's can be kept for a long time, but not indefinitely. The shelf life is highly related to the storage temperature. For example, if stored at 120 °F (a temperature that could be encountered on desert battlefields), the MRE should be used within a month. Stored at 60 °F, an MRE can last 7 years or more.
0 Shelf-Stable Food Safety

i don't know if they were shipped that way or loaded on the ship that way or if transferred to a different container/ trailerat the port. either way even in a open top trailer, metal will heat up and the contents in the trailer will also. 50 50 chance that mre's may have gone bad, maybe not tuff call,

it depends on who loaded it and when and where or if the Authorities in the town were sitting them on who should answer for it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

a reply to: TonyS

Except they pay federal taxes.

Ut oh .

They're not really Americans, they're a colony.

Double Ut oh.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

You misread what I wrote. Not "warped" — wrapped. I'm quite familiar with forklifts and their operation having spent a few years as a union forklift operator in my 20's (and as a supervisor, training/certifying)

You can fork pallets into a dumpster by tilting the forks and catching the lip of the pallet on the dumpster wall and pulling out. But what happens then? They fall into the dumpster. Those pallets were not dropped into a dumpster. They were driven into what appears to be truck bed.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

How can you say that? Have you been to Puerto Rico? Do you have any inside info, news/facts? If so please share.

SOP for member. No links either, just deflection.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join