It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to slain soldiers' widow: He knew what he signed up for

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If you think he is unfit for office, then find actual reasons why.

At what point did you stop caring about truth and honesty?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

truth and honesty?

You expect truth and honesty from politicians and media?

No such thing.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Which president in the last 60 years had any of those two qualities?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

That's sort of a cop-out comment. It's condoning the behavior. Do you not agree that he is the most dishonest president in our history? (Which makes Nixon number two.)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

truth and honesty?

You expect truth and honesty from politicians and media?

No such thing.

Yes. And you should too.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Pattern of what, might I ask?

The pattern im disturbed most by is his pattern of failing to lead a reform/replacement of ACA. I don't see many threads on that, though. And the kicker: that actually affects you and me. It actually will affect our ability to provide healthcare for ourselves, and will affect our ability to pay for it reasonably.

This crap....i can't even verify its truth. The only thing I know for sure is a political rival known for saying outlandish crap decided to make these allegations. There is a disturbing pattern for you....anyone from the DNC choosing to beat the drum over inane nonsense that may or may not even be true, but absolutely has no effect on our country.

THis is what is known as "identity politics".

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I haven't. In fact, the reason I defend trump is because of my desire to defend truth.

You are taking a lot on faith here, honestly. There is no recording of the conversation. All you have is a political rival making claims against someone who disputes those claims. Since you don't like Trump you choose to believe her....but you have nothing to base this on other than your dislike for Trump.

Thats not really honest.

Im completely down for bashing the guy. But not for this. Mostly because what is alleged here has zero impact on how the country is run, or how my healthcare is paid for. Its 100% inconsequential to anyone other than the family and DJT.

Im sick to death of gossip standing in for political discussion. I really am.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

That's sort of a cop-out comment. It's condoning the behavior. Do you not agree that he is the most dishonest president in our history? (Which makes Nixon number two.)

QUantify this. If i am to believe something, and be honest with myself, i need this quantified.

I know Bill Clinton lied a lot. Bush was accused of lying nonstop for 8 years. Reagan...he was willing to let hostages sit in Iran to help him win an election. Not to mention his convenient Alzheimers right when there were tough questions for him in front of Congress.

So please quantify how you arrive at your "most dishonest president" measurement. Otherwise, all I can assume is you really don't like Trump and are willing to believe anything negative said about him, taking the worst from each story (true or not).

Side note: his honesty means nothing. All that matters is how he effects the economy, healthcare (since the office has decided to avail itself of healthcare while under Obama), border security, trade agreements, and our currency. Everything else is a circus sideshow. Not interested.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

Or defiant in the face of provable lies?

That's how I see it, what gives you more credibility than I?

Reality.

Trump spots "provable lies" virtually everytime he speaks without a teleprompter.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

When this thread began, perhaps it was gossip to a degree. But it's not anymore, it's been verified, so must you choose who to believe, Trump, or Kelly and the other three witnesses.

The thread has degenerated into a group of people who are willing to defend a liar, based on what you have called "identity politics". Yourself included.

Denying that he said it, is worse in my mind, than what he said. This is not 2nd grade, you can't just yell you didn't do something that you did, and expect your mother to come along and say it's okay. You must be held accountable.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You are sidestepping the issue.

Side note: his honesty means nothing. All that matters is how he effects the economy, healthcare (since the office has decided to avail itself of healthcare while under Obama), border security, trade agreements, and our currency. Everything else is a circus sideshow. Not interested.

And for every person who believes this, our country takes a step closer to the abyss.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Something you may have missed is that my interest in this story is very low. So I have no idea what has developed since around 10pm last night.

That said...i still don't care. Because it is wholly inconsequential to me. Mostly because I will not believe that he would be rude/crude on purpose in that situation, which would mean that no matter what he actually said, it wasn't what he intended.

Do you think he purposefully would go out and say mean things to dead soldiers family? Or do you think he said something that may be insensitive, but not intentionally (by a man who has all the grace of a herd of bison)?

Have you ever mispoke? Have you ever had someone swear you said something that you didn't recall saying? Or details of a conversation you didn't recall?

Have you ever had someone whine about a million stupid things and you just get sick of it, and start throwing out whatever you can to shut them up without melting down on them? LOrd knows I have. In fact, that is the basis of "Reid Interrogation", where your goal is to piss off the subject so they'll say stupid things.

Unless you can honestly state that he purposefully went in trying to say mean things to a dead soldiers family, I cannot for the life of me figure out why this even matters?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You are sidestepping the issue.

And for every person who believes this, our country takes a step closer to the abyss.

What issue? That Trump may have said something mean?

The ONLY issue that matters is how he runs our country within the constitutional boundaries that are afforded him. The mean things he says, nope. The crazy things he says, nope. The size of his hands, nope. His wifes shoes, nope.

The only issue that matters is the state of our nation. And, if im being really honest, I think our media is hurting our nation far, far more than Trump. And that is saying something, because he's a terrible president. You have to really pile on the crap to make yourself more damaging to America than Trump.

But the one thing not damaging America is the words he shares with someone privately, whether a whackadoo congresswoman is present or not.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Perpetual lying, narcissism, and bullying by the President of the United States sets a horrific example for our youth.

Or as a well known republican recently said it,
"our young people need positive role models. Bullying and prejudice in our public life sets a national tone, provides permission for cruelty and bigotry, and compromises the moral education of children. The only way to pass along civic values is to first live up to them."

Our president himself is a "circus sideshow", although a carnival barker shows more grace than Trumps twitter feed.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Perpetual lying, narcissism, and bullying by the President of the United States sets a horrific example for our youth.

Now we worry about this?!?

If this is really an issue....then why on Gods green earth do we allow the political world to be what it is? I mean...really? The choices were Trump and Hillary....and you want some moral high ground to come included in the deal?

Or as a well known republican recently said it,
"our young people need positive role models. Bullying and prejudice in our public life sets a national tone, provides permission for cruelty and bigotry, and compromises the moral education of children. The only way to pass along civic values is to first live up to them."

Our president himself is a "circus sideshow", although a carnival barker shows more grace than Trumps twitter feed.

Our president is a complete tool. Its a shame that enough people felt him a better choice than the alternative that he actually got elected.

The time to be concerned about electing psychopaths has passed us years ago.

That entire quote by your random republican just falls flat to me. If any of them SOB's would put 1/10th of their efforts into being respectable people, I doubt we would have had a Trump presidency to begin with.

Side note: we get the crap choices for president because of stuff like this thread right here. Who, in their right mind, would choose to run for office when this is the type of scrutiny they will face (aka, "gossip")? No, Trump is the president we deserve. Because we, as a nation, have made the process completely impossible for anyone who isn't a psychopath to tolerate.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I have said the wrong thing more times than I care to remember. In situations I knew going into were fragile and sensitive, and I had thought about what to say. Still said the wrong thing. But then when I see it went the wrong way, I tried to explain. I honestly said "in my heart I was trying to say something comforting". Because I was. I didn't look at them and say "I didn't say that", and challenge their veracity because I am unable to face my mistakes. What does that accomplish? Only making one look like a fool.

IF WE COME to 'settle" for inferiority, settle for being lied to, and duped, then what's next? The term "slippery slope" has been used to death, but that's exactly where we are. Hanging on to the precipice.

We tolerate Trump's flagrant lies, and then what do we tolerate from the next one? Has our senses of self-worth and respect for our country and our leader become so small, our expectations so diminished, that we've adapted a "I'm not interested" attitude of indifference and apathy about who leads this civilization and this world? Who paves the way for what and who we will be next? I don't want Trump taking me there, or my kids. He's not trustworthy.

Accountability. I have it in my job, and so do we all. This man should not be exempt.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

No, I don't agree. Two Bushes followed by an Obama in my estimation.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Reality.

Trump spots "provable lies" virtually everytime he speaks without a teleprompter.

Sources required.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

To catch you up: To the best of what I understood what Kelly said today, he first suggested to Trump that he shouldn't make calls. Obama had not made one to him when his son was killed in Afghanistan in 2010 by a land mine.

His friend, another war commander, said to him what Trump said to the soldiers wife and mother. So, Trump got those words from Kelly. They had provided comfort to Kelly.

So, no. I don't think his intentions were to be mean. BUT when it turned out to be a poor choice of words with this particular family, own it! Apologize and try to make it better. Don't call them liars. It's his natural instinct to lie which I have problems with.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Reality.

Sources required.

Google Transcript and Trump and pick anything.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join