It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to slain soldiers' widow: He knew what he signed up for

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: JinMI

The widow is never quoted.

Cowanda Jones-Johnson, a family member who raised Johnson, told CNN Wednesday that Wilson's account of the call between Trump and Johnson's widow, Myeshia, was "very accurate." She said she was in the car when the call happened.

www.cnn.com...

Trump also spent the campaign attacking the Gold Star Father of a fallen soldier.

Trump also has spent years degrading the military service of John McCain.

Trump dodged the draft 5 times during Viet Nam.
Trump is a disgusting embarrassment to the United States Military.

That is not a direct quote from the widow. At best, it is third-hand gossip obtained in part, by the source's own directly quoted admission, via eavesdropping on someone else's conversation. Did you actually have a source where the widow herself was directly quoted?

Bringing up yet more off topic gossip as deflection from the questionable nature of the first gossip isn't really going to do you any favors here, either.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Even Fox news is portraying the media tagline.

Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I find his body language very telling in his denial.

Fox

Arms crossed, like a kid who knows he's guilty of that he's accused. "No, maw, I didn't eat those cookies."

I honestly doubt he recalls what he said.
edit on 18-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Or defiant in the face of provable lies?

That's how I see it, what gives you more credibility than I?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Or defiant in the face of provable lies?

I've seen plenty of clips of him defiant.

This ain't one. He's sheepish here.

That's how I see it, what gives you more credibility than I?

Never said I did.

edit on 18-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

What do you think of the media snipping his quote? Or the fact that they let the state representative give a statement as though her perspective means something?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

He sounds like he's on the defense. How did they get ambushed by ISIS in yemen and one got left behind.

ETA. Niger I mean.
edit on 18-10-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I've not heard anything out of Yemen. Have a source?

Of course he's defensive. For the reasons I described in my OP.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What do you think of the media snipping his quote?

I don't really think about that, I think about what he said.

Or the fact that they let the state representative give a statement as though her perspective means something?

She has every right to give or make a statement, especially if she was present to hear it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I don't really think about that, I think about what he said.

Oh, very well then. What did he say then exactly..in your estimation?

She has every right to give or make a statement, especially if she was present to hear it.

So you're choosing to stick to the facts you like.

I'll opt for what he said, which is widely unknown. This thread is about how the media took out of context the entirety of what they knew he said. Seems you don't really care about that, I'm not sure what else you wish to get out of this discussion.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Sorry misspoke, I meant Niger.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Oh, very well then. What did he say then exactly..in your estimation?

Reportedly, what you quoted in your OP.

So you're choosing to stick to the facts you like.

That "I like?"

No, I'll stick to what is reported, according to both the soldier's mother and the congresswoman, both who apparently listened.

I'll opt for what he said

I won't, since he and the truth don't have a very good relationship. At all.

This thread is about how the media took out of context the entirety of what they knew he said. Seems you don't really care about that,

I care about what I wrote in reply, which still has to do with he supposedly said and his subsequent denial. But you're the one who put this in the mud pit.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I served. 10 years. I knew what I signed up for. I was married at 18, she was 17 when I enlisted. She knew what I signed up for. It does not really matter if anyone else is "offended" for what we both willingly accepted could happen.

The rest of this is just false indignation by people who know nothing else other than "Trump (anyone not on my team) bad".

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Quoting out of context is a great

It is certainly how some people like things to be..

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

This "effen Moron" as his own SOS describes him has no business being Commander and Chief.

Disgusting.

Sure he does. He was elected fairly.

He was elected. That is a fact. As far as "fairly", it is worth noting that there are Multiple GOP led congressional investigations and a special counsel appointed by his own administration investigating the "fairly" part.

get over it, for christs sake...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: windword

Actually, he was not shot by police but glad you think that was the narrative. He attacked a Neighborhood Watch person and was shot in the process. A sad situation but nothing criminal.

That you have to explain it, is shocking.

Trayvon was shot by police now?

lmfao...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: matafuchs

Ah, my mistake! I was thinking of Tamir Rice.

Yes. Your mistake.

But never let the truth get in the way of a false narrative. Protest, #BLM, riot. Kill whitey. Kill the police. Kill Americana. Destroy a statue, they're the reason for genocide, you know.

Run rampant with free speech, deny it to anyone else.

You see how it works. Shut me up, I'm a delinquent white supremacist.

It's laughable.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is as bad as the new story about him not giving 25k to a soldier killed earlier this year. Fact is he did pay out to the family but the media tagline is he did not.

Why is Donald Trump a Nationalist when they want him to be a Nazi but not when he talks to a military widow? You see, the narrative is not correct. I mean, I would think he would be all about a spec op in a 'black nation' since he is racist. They do not hold water you see.

Like the Rolling Stones said...you can't always get what you want....

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Not surprised they'd edit what he said, to try and make him look bad. What would some people do, f they couldn't be outraged about something all the time?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Arnie123

No, it's not any different at all. It even links to the very same source so how can it be different.

Just because this is a different thread. The source is the same. So it can't be Fake News there and Real News here. That's not even possible.

it's very different, and we all know it. The entire OP is about President trump supposedly "disrespecting" this fallen soldier, and totally leaves out the entirety of his actual comment. And, no, the Washington Post and the New York Post are NOT the same source, either.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join