It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to slain soldiers' widow: He knew what he signed up for

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The man is a social idiot who obviously didn't know what he signed up for.

Whoops.

That wasn't silly at all, hit and sunk. Is it justified anger or just spiteful hatred, think again?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: seasonal

Ummm yeah..

Like....ummm...that guy was a dick in that movie....

In case you didn't realize.

How old are you??

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You think the second part negates the first part?

Apparently social ineptness is contagious.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Apparently social ineptness is contagious.

Indeed, and it seems to effect partisans.

Have anything to add to the thread besides your inept crusade against everything Trump out of spite instead of wit?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

a reply to: seasonal

Ummm yeah..

Like....ummm...that guy was a dick in that movie....

In case you didn't realize.

How old are you??

What a mean thing to ask. See how fast she rips off those tweets...I mean posts! Gotta be some kind of super woman!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Please refrain from personal attacks on Hillary, she's been through enough already.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: justneo

When someone loses a loved one, the majority of people have some common sense and want to comfort the grieving person. Trump "saying it like it is," is not the time or place to say such a thing. There's no other way of describing his comment, but pure stupidity and a lack of empathy on his part.

To even suggest his comment was appropriate is simply ignorant. If Trump doesn't know how to choose his words appropriately (which he's proven time and time again), he shouldn't be surprised when the media or the public criticize him. He alone causes a lot of unneeded attention to himself.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

.....What Happened...?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

They were married weren't they? So in a way she did sign up for it. Any person who is with some one in the army will always have to come to terms with that sad truth.
Am I saying what he said was the right thing? Nope, but that doesn't take away the fact that it's the reality of being in that career.

And I think if he said oh well what can ya do, it would of gone down a lot worse so no it's not comparable to that.

I'm sorry but all the left say trump hasn't done anything this whole time.
Well if he hasn't done anything. How he possibly make you more angry

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I've resigned myself to the fact that people will hate on the military, the US.

They'll hate on Trump.

The only thing they do understand is their hatred.

*shrugs*

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, they love them when they can use them as fodder.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

You tell me now!

Nah, we Krauts love this concept of endless Total War. Actually, it's ours and you're just the useful idiots to make it happen while ruining the good old US. Profititts, man. Profffitsss!

edit on 18-10-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Well, they love them when they can use them as fodder.

The haters have no love.

I figure them to be more in common with ISIS than with regular Americans.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

That's what a fundamentalist would say. But what if you're wrong and the lovely people simply can't stand this moronic spiral of hate and violence?
How is 16 years war with terror working out for the regular Americans? The economy is hooked on quantitative easing and many people turned to opiates or straight smack from the poppy fields at the Hindukush. How many? Don't. Bother.

Who cares. Freedom and democracy, yeeehaaa! Lets bring it to Afghanistan again? Quick question: how many attempts will it take exactly to have you morons finally succeed?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It appears that your solution to solving endless violence is to impose more hate and violence.

*shrugs*

I just observe the haters. You're free to crap on anything you want.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Of course you don't know jacksh!t about alternatives like... Germanys plan to fight the roots of terror for example.

Yes, we suck in doing so most of the time. But as long as you idiots keep bombing civilians to the smithereens there will be an endless line of supply for the daesh retards and no solution at all. I guess that's part of your MICs strategy?

Go. And. Figure?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: badw0lf

...said the wolf in the woods, telling himself that's just a few trees. Right. Shrooooms anyone?

no answer?

Ok.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

What?
They all say "oh well" to the grieving family?
He knew what he was getting into?
May as well follow with "Get over it" .

He's a cold hearted bastard.

"we came, we saw, he died"

Cold hearted. uhhkay.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I've gotta disagree with you on this one, Mom.😜

There is a definite contrast that really needed to be illuminated in its own right. It shouldn't matter that people in the media, etc. dislike the President as a person. Hell, I don't like many things about him myself.

But as an American, I can see clearly and am deeply disturbed by the obvious fact that the media goes out of its way to twist his words in order to further an already alarming level of division in this country. It is blatant manipulation.

I don't need anyone to point out to me that the man has an unfortunate propensity for running off at the mouth. I'm not stupid, and neither is anyone else here.

What I do need, as an American, is the entire story...absent someone else's political agenda attached to it. Why? Because when you get only half the information, it directly impacts your ability to make choices based on your own free will versus having the will of others imposed upon you. It is lying by omission.

If someone in my daily life lies to me by omission, I don't take too kindly to that...because I'm forced to make decisions based on what I trust to be the entire story, when if I actually did have that, my reaction and therefore my decisions would likely take quite a different path.

People in daily life who do that insidious crap deserve to be called out on it in a concise, deliberate manner because if that doesn't happen, all the people who believe the lie will be so busy clamoring and reacting to it that they will no longer care about the truth that was omitted. It will be lost in the mix, and the truth should never be lost. That's what got us to this point in the first place.

We've got thread after thread after thread on the same topics, every day here. Why such resistance in this case? Sometimes, we need to be shown a mirror...so that we can see things clearly from both sides. People don't like seeing themselves in a mirror unexpectedly because they often realize that things don't look as great as they imagined, based on their limited view without one.

The other thread limits the view. This one shows it clearly from a wider angle. It gives the thinking, reasoning people more information by which to base their overall reaction. We need all the information. Now, more than ever.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

a reply to: justneo

Uh yeah that's the hard facts.
But he was dealing with the survivor who didn't sign up for it and her loss her sacrifice is real and is now.

Yes cold hard facts exist. But that doesn't make it appropriate to spout to a woman who just lost her husband.
It's almost like an "Oh well what can ya do" .
The man is a social idiot who obviously didn't know what he signed up for.
Every day he justifies my hatred for him. He makes me sick to my stomach.
I can understand why kids beat him up when he was little. I'd beat him up too.

I see they got you up early this morning to deflect and spew hate.
Do you get time and a half for that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join