It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to slain soldiers' widow: He knew what he signed up for

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: JinMI

There's already a thread on this that is only slightly older than this one. Why make another one exactly the same as that one. It just makes everything more confusing and redundant.

If you think they're exactly the same, I suggest that you read both again. One has the entire quote. That would be this one...the one pointing out the contrast in the other one, where only half the statement was quoted, creating an entirely different slant. You're actually making this OP's point quite clearly with your reply.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't see an issue with this at all, just nitpicking by the media to get a reaction, as usual.

Knowing Trump he probably just spoke without thinking and made a bit of a goof, no reason to blow it out of proportion though.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I see. Very good. But why not use that to counter the OP in the other thread???

I mean even evil liberal me made that very same counter point as you are making. Only I didn't have the rest of the quote like you did. I and it seems Sailor Jerry would have both supported you there and you could have simply shut down that thread with a good counter argument!!

Now there's just two threads on the same thing that are going to clog stuff up and keep going as partisan circle jerks when one was bad enough.

That would have been so much better to counter that one and stop it with your point rather than this IMO.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: NowanKenubi

That's how they roll.

And the President of the United States just randomly spews lies matter-of-factly about anyone and anything on a whim. So, there's that.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I see that now. But the topic is the same exact topic. That's why you post counter arguments within the same thread topic. That's the whole point.

A different argument about the same exact topic still goes in the original thread. Otherwise we'd just have multiple threads for the same thing only with everyone's take on it. That's chaos and isn't how it works. It just wouldn't work at all in fact. That defeats the purpose of a Thread topic in the first place.

Counter it OP and shut down a false argument for it and it's gone. Now they'll both just linger on forever.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Fair enough, this one isn't.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I see. Very good. But why not use that to counter the OP in the other thread???

I mean even evil liberal me made that very same counter point as you are making. Only I didn't have the rest of the quote like you did. I and it seems Sailor Jerry would have both supported you there and you could have simply shut down that thread with a good counter argument!!

Now there's just two threads on the same thing that are going to clog stuff up and keep going as partisan circle jerks when one was bad enough.

That would have been so much better to counter that one and stop it with your point rather than this IMO.

Tomorrow, both of these threads will fade into obscurity by some new shiny article. No harm, no foul.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

a reply to: fiverx313

Is the quote listed above not the full quote?

i'm genuinely surprised you think the full quote improves it.

and i read the full quote in a *gasp* MSM source before i even got here.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Maybe, but that still isn't the point of what I'm saying.

You had the perfect counter argument for stopping misinformation with support on both sides and source material for your side and everything.

Next time, when loaded up with such a sound and solid counter for something like that you should take the false claim out of play within that same thread. That's the point of these threads. To organize a topic in one place and hash it out there.

Winner take all.

Just think about it. I'm totally with ya on this one. I'm not saying this to try and be sneaky or anything. I'm serious. Shut down that sh*t with a good serving of true research right there in the belly of the beast.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I'm surprised that you're genuinely surprised!

edit on 18-10-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Only I didn't have the rest of the quote like you did.

And why not ? It was in the article that was directly linked in the other. Oh , wait , some folks have issues reading past a glorified headline...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Must have missed it I guess. But that is hardly the point now is it.

I was making the same counter argument as what's here anyway wasn't I??

But I'm glad you are still trying to find fault with me somehow even when I'm actually in support of the same side opposite that other thread.

It's good to know that when no matter what I'll always have you as an enemy man. Even when we happen to be in agreement with something.

Wouldn't want a miss a chance to burn a bridge when it's so much easier to burn one I guess, eh?? Well, whatever. Have it your way. It's not like you've ever given me any reason to care what you have to say so far, so this doesn't really change anything from my perspective.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
it's amazing the lengths some people will go to, to praise the rubbish that falls out of that man's mouth.

carry on, you're making america great again!

It's more amazing the depths that some people go to completely miss the point just to keep bashing the man.

Somehow I don't think the point was his words in context. It's the words out of context that people will latch on to.

But having to explain that defeats the purpose of explaining it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Perfectly put. Absolutely agree.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

a reply to: NowanKenubi

That's how they roll.

And the President of the United States just randomly spews lies matter-of-factly about anyone and anything on a whim. So, there's that.

Where? When? What quotes? Links? Sources?

More out of context dross? I see.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

...said the wolf in the woods, telling himself that's just a few trees. Right. Shrooooms anyone?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: justneo

Uh yeah that's the hard facts.
But he was dealing with the survivor who didn't sign up for it and her loss her sacrifice is real and is now.

Yes cold hard facts exist. But that doesn't make it appropriate to spout to a woman who just lost her husband.
It's almost like an "Oh well what can ya do" .
The man is a social idiot who obviously didn't know what he signed up for.
Every day he justifies my hatred for him. He makes me sick to my stomach.
I can understand why kids beat him up when he was little. I'd beat him up too.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Ummm yeah..

Like....ummm...that guy was a dick in that movie....

In case you didn't realize.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: justneo

Uh yeah that's the hard facts.
But he was dealing with the survivor who didn't sign up for it and her loss her sacrifice is real and is now.

Yes cold hard facts exist. But that doesn't make it appropriate to spout to a woman who just lost her husband.
It's almost like an "Oh well what can ya do" .
The man is a social idiot who obviously didn't know what he signed up for.
Every day he justifies my hatred for him. He makes me sick to my stomach.
I can understand why kids beat him up when he was little. I'd beat him up too.

They knew what they signed up for so deal with it, ask your friends at the post if this a big deal.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What?
They all say "oh well" to the grieving family?
He knew what he was getting into?
May as well follow with "Get over it" .

He's a cold hearted bastard.
edit on 10182017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join