It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to slain soldiers' widow: He knew what he signed up for

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Liquesence

Or defiant in the face of provable lies?

That's how I see it, what gives you more credibility than I?

Reality.

Trump spots "provable lies" virtually everytime he speaks without a teleprompter.

Sources required.

Google Transcript and Trump and pick anything.

So no, nothing.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Perpetual lying, narcissism, and bullying by the President of the United States sets a horrific example for our youth.

Now we worry about this?!?

Trump is a to past politicians what a Serial Killer is to a shop-lifter.

Seeing the same folks that used to misquote and twist words just so they could shout lie, suddenly defend the most dishonest politician on earth is deeply revealing of the MORAL ROT that consumes Trump Supporters.

or as you summed it up.
"Side note: his honesty means nothing"

Your are at least honest about your moral bankruptcy...now.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

It's all to clear where the rot is coming from. Hint, it's in that soapbox you're now shouting down from.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Personal attacks qre the first sign that their user doesnt have an argument that makes enough sense for them to use it.

All you have done is disgrace yourself with an ad hominem.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yeah...maybe hes lying. Maybe his memory doesnt match. My wife says i say things that dont match my memory quite frequently

And its not like ill have a lower opinion of him. We are already at the floor there. So unless his lie is truly criminal...its the same as all the other lies told by everyone slimey enough to be willing to run

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yeah...maybe hes lying. Maybe his memory doesnt match. My wife says i say things that dont match my memory quite frequently

And its not like ill have a lower opinion of him. We are already at the floor there. So unless his lie is truly criminal...its the same as all the other lies told by everyone slimey enough to be willing to run

Sorry to hear that. It seems that Trump's Default is set on LIE, and the pettier things he lies about, the more petty that makes a person. Bush lied about a war. Clinton, (a married man), lied about an alleged affair. Trump lies over anything that makes him look not pretty. Petty. (Most often denying stupid things he has said and done.) And like in this situation, he's lying about lying. lol.

A part of the danger with many I see on this thread, is complacency. Accept the lies. Oh gee whiz, another lie, it's okay, everybody does it. ( No, they don't, but they will, if we don't object to it.)

edit on 10/19/2017 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Well...whenever folks get sick of being pissed on amd told its raining, im ready to see the whole thing upended.

It didnt take Trump to make me feel that way. Ihad hoped he would live up to his own hype even a little. Im not surprised he hasnt.

I mean....i guess this complaint could go at the bottom of a long list. I just dont feel strongly enough to care.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: redtic

Pattern of what, might I ask?

The pattern im disturbed most by is his pattern of failing to lead a reform/replacement of ACA. I don't see many threads on that, though. And the kicker: that actually affects you and me. It actually will affect our ability to provide healthcare for ourselves, and will affect our ability to pay for it reasonably.

This crap....i can't even verify its truth. The only thing I know for sure is a political rival known for saying outlandish crap decided to make these allegations. There is a disturbing pattern for you....anyone from the DNC choosing to beat the drum over inane nonsense that may or may not even be true, but absolutely has no effect on our country.

THis is what is known as "identity politics".

The crap you want to ignore is likely the very reason nothing is getting done. More and more people are coming to the conclusion that there's something not right with our sitting president and that it's creating a pretty toxic environment which is fostering a complete inability to get anything done.

This book essentially comes to the conclusion that

anyone as mentally unstable as this man should not be entrusted with the life-and-death-powers of the presidency.

So yeah - there's a pattern and "this crap" is yet another sign of his malignant narcissism. One of the signs is a lack of conscience and empathy. Anyone with an ounce of empathy would never say what he said to that widow.

www.esquire.com...
www.bustle.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

"This crap" is not new. Folks could always let him fail on his own merits rather than point out meaningless drivel to sate their anger that Trump is in the white house. This is a problem that could fix itself. To many are busy being outraged to think clearly.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Actually, I think it's gone it's way too, and I'm ready to move on. But it is important in that it continues to highlight his constant lying, which obviously everybody is fine with. Complacency.... precipice ... idiocy.. here we go.

I'm not going. It's a poor path, and should be unacceptable to all of us.

/done

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

JinMI seems to have summarized any reply I would have made quite well.

I didn't vote in the last election as protest against the way the candidates are selected, and how the 2 parties rig the rules to block out any choices that aren't them. I've not voted in the presidential race since I saw what happened with Perot.

You know why nothing ever changes? Because The People get distracted with meaningless trifle. Like this.

Its just noise.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I didn't vote in the last election as protest against the way the candidates are selected, and how the 2 parties rig the rules to block out any choices that aren't them. I've not voted in the presidential race since I saw what happened with Perot.

You know why nothing ever changes? Because The People get distracted with meaningless trifle. Like this.

Its just noise.

Let's put it this way. If Obama had said something like this, there would have been a kerfuffle and then it would've faded away. The problem with Trump is the consistency of his behavior.

Maybe it's just me, but I find the very idea that 27 mental health experts felt the need to write a book about the dangerous mental state of our sitting president a tad more than "meaningless trifle" - I find it deeply disturbing, as it should be to the entire world.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

27 people wrote a book to make money.

The Trump we see isnt likely the real Trump.

Ill tell you the worst ive seen is him describing how hurricanes work trying to talk up his response to maria. It was so dumb it was uncomfortable to see.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Honestly I don't think he meant to be disrespectful, he is really clumsy in speech, he was talking to a wife not a soldier, I can see how his wording could be better.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Personal attacks qre the first sign that their user doesnt have an argument that makes enough sense for them to use it.

You clearly stated that it does not matter if the President of the United States is dishonest with the American People.

I clearly pointed out the hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy of that view.

Nothing personal about.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: JinMI

Honestly I don't think he meant to be disrespectful, he is really clumsy in speech, he was talking to a wife not a soldier, I can see how his wording could be better.

He had not cause to be disrespectful. He knew neither the soldier nor the widow.

This was pure arrogance and incompetence. Neither of which should ever be on display whilst a commander and chief consoles a widow of a soldier that died under his command.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

Its just noise.

Let's put it this way. If Obama had said something like this, there would have been a kerfuffle and then it would've faded away. The problem with Trump is the consistency of his behavior.

Also the fact that he himself creates the controversies and then perpetuates them on twitter.

Maybe it's just me, but I find the very idea that 27 mental health experts felt the need to write a book about the dangerous mental state of our sitting president a tad more than "meaningless trifle" - I find it deeply disturbing, as it should be to the entire world.

He has a narcissistic personality disorder and appears to be increasingly confused and distracted. Both of which have been exasperated by the demands of the job. He is dangerously incompetent.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So unless his lie is truly criminal...its the same as all the other lies told by everyone slimey enough to be willing to run

Taking intellectual shelter in false equivalence fallacy.

Police your own and to each an equal standard.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Their pain is terrible. Their loved ones died for nothing. Freedom? Free to hate.

Not for nothing. As the wife of a career soldier (retired), and having known people who lost a loved one overseas, what he said was out of respect, and not out of line at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I'm so sure that's what every son or daughter is thinking when they sign up.
Please....

Anyone who signs up (which, btw, includes me) knows it's possible. When one signs up at a time we have ongoing conflicts, they certainly know they can be called to serve in those, and that can mean they could be killed, or seriously injured. No one wants that to happen, but all understand it can.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join