It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to slain soldiers' widow: He knew what he signed up for

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

“knew what he signed up for …but when it happens it hurts anyway”

I'm sure during the course of morning media, that latter half will be omitted.

In response, the widow was quoted:

“They were astonished,” Wilson said. “It was almost like saying, “You signed up to do this, and if you didn’t want to die, shouldn’t have signed up.”

Wilson, a Democrat from Florida, said the widow Myeshia Johnson spoke with Trump for about 3-5 minutes and her only words were “thank you” at the end of the conversation.

nypost.com...

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Isn't that the hard facts of being in the army?
It sucks, but you have understand that if you join there is always a greater chance of you being killed.

There's plenty of high risk careers.
Donald's just real, says it like it is. But it's not like he doesn't have sympathy for the slain. He probably cares more then the last president and I'm sure cares a hell of a lot more then Clinton..

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

President Trump was acknowledging to the widow how brave her husband was. That affirmation is spoken at every funeral for policemen, soldiers, firefighters, all across America, when they are killed in the line of duty.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I've been seeing the first half of the quote flying across various media. Not the second.

I wonder why.......
wilson.house.gov...

Prolly that.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I just linked your thread in the other talking about... only the first part of the quote...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

That's how they roll.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
it's amazing the lengths some people will go to, to praise the rubbish that falls out of that man's mouth.

carry on, you're making america great again!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Is the quote listed above not the full quote?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

There's already a thread on this that is only slightly older than this one. Why make another one exactly the same as that one. It just makes everything more confusing and redundant.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

There's already a thread on this that is only slightly older than this one. Why make another one exactly the same as that one. It just makes everything more confusing and redundant.
To an extent, however the thread you mentioned is fake news meant to slander. This thread corrects that with the correct information.

*I suppose it could have been put up, but considering the liberal circle jerk, it would have gotten lost and ignored.
edit on 17-10-2017 by Arnie123 because: meh

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I wonder.

What's different about this one that is not in that one?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Cant fault Him on this. Agreed a lot of the crap Trump says is stupid and ridiculous, but this is just an un-eloquent way of saying "He knew what it might cost him to fight for his country"

Come on now, lets not be pedantic.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
it's amazing the lengths some people will go to, to praise the rubbish that falls out of that man's mouth.

carry on, you're making america great again!

It's amazing the lengths you Leftists will go to carry water for your failing, rat infested ideology.
America will be great again once you guys are gone.
edit on 18-10-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's already being spun that way, right here. Funny how the perception of his meaning becomes negative and disrespectful, harsh and derisive, with the latter part of his statement deliberately omitted, don't you think?

However, when his entire statement is quoted, it is plain to see that he wasn't being disrespectful at all. He was stating a simple truth...he knew what he was signing up for, knew that he could lose his life, but he signed up anyway. Yet, even knowing that he made that choice himself, it still hurts to lose him.

How many people will bother to make sure his words weren't taken out of their original context and deliberately used, as they are in the above thread, to cast him in a negative light? And how many of those who prefer to remain intellectually lazy and have their opinions dictated to them by someone else are the same ones who scream 'fake news' at every available opportunity?

It is a fact that people who sign up for military service do indeed know what they're agreeing to. But they do it anyway, to serve their country. It is also a fact that, despite knowing that they make that choice willingly, it still hurts like hell to know that they didn't make it through.

What is NOT a fact is that the first part of his statement was what he actually said. It is the very epitome of fake news, because it omits the rest of the actual news in favor of pushing a narrative to incite the public to look at the President in an unfavorable light. It is a very insidious form of brainwashing, and they continue to do it because they know it works.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

No, it's not any different at all. It even links to the very same source so how can it be different.

Just because this is a different thread. The source is the same. So it can't be Fake News there and Real News here. That's not even possible.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I wonder.

Yeah. That's what I'm asking you. Because you made this one. Therefor you should have that answer. Which is why I asked that question of you. Not sure why you just asked it back at me though.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The trick is knowing how to make the distinction, I dont like Trump and there is plenty of stuff I can blow him apart on with the way he speaks. But Im not totally biased, im not going to hurl stones at him for something like this thats clearly just not worded correctly. Much much more of his other stuff I cant say the same. But this is fairly obvious and innocent due to his inability to articulate himself properly.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Right on Tiger. Trump steps on his tongue enough as it is without the media help. Something like this is being spun into something it is not. Again.

They all know what they sign up for, read and willing to pay that price, for the most part. For them to omit the second part of the quote where he IMO is being very sincere to the widow, is disgusting.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I wonder.

Yeah. That's what I'm asking you. Because you made this one. Therefor you should have that answer. Which is why I asked that question of you. Not sure why you just asked it back at me though.

Well, I'll highlight the obvious.
1. There is only half the quot in the other thread. My source is different and includes the FULL quote that the PotUS said to the widow.
2. I also bring in what the widow actually said, not the POS lawmaker.

Also, because I very much wanted to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join