It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Safeguard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I work in a Auto related industry shop. Yesterday the local police came around with a directive titled Operation Safeguard from The New York State Office of Public Security,which was handed down from the Dept. of Homeland Security.

I don't have a scanner here so I can't post the entire letter. But in essence it says to look out for any unusual purchases of equiptment , paint, or decals that could be used to match government vehicles. Or an request to paint or decal a vehicle to look like Fed -Ex UPS or any know delivery truck or a business that does not exist. They are also looking for individuals who request any unusal hidden storage area or compartments in trucks, cars or vans.

I don't know if they have specific information on some kind of threat in the works or if this was just a general release. I did make a joke about the small chance a terrorist group would want to do anything in our small town, the officer got very serious and said because of our proximity to two large cities(Buffalo & Niagara Falls) and being very close to the Canadian border and a large electrical power plant, that we did have to be on guard.

So I do wonder what is going on, has anyone heard rumors of anything, or is this another case of crying wolf?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
wonder what happens if i build some tool boxes into my vehicle for going 4 wheeling, in case i break something, gotta have tools to fix it and spare parts, because the trails are usually not accessible by tow truck and they are usually way outside city limits. so, do they question me, i tell them what it's for and i get let go? or am i automatically considered a threat? how about this, i just start a company that just happens to have a mobile welding box truck and i need it painted so as to attract customers on-site at these 4 wheeling events in case they have breakages or whatnot. just one specific i'm thinking of right now, sure there are others.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
We are supposed to use our judgement and report anything unusual. There is even a hot line phone#.

join