It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmaker: Trump told soldier's widow 'he knew what he signed up for

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
SOURCE

If this is true then boy oh boy

SOURCE

President Trump called the families of troops who lost their lives in the Niger raid. Congresswoman Frederica Wilson says he told the widow of Sergeant La David Johnson, "He knew what he signed up for." She talks to CNN's Don Lemon about the call.

edit on 17-10-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Then boy oh boy, what?

zzz

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well what can you expect from Trump, he likes his soldiers not to be captured or brown.

This man is such an all around disgusting example of humanity how any one supports him is beyond me.

K~

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
SOURCE

SOURCE

President Trump called the families of troops who lost their lives in the Niger raid. Congresswoman Frederica Wilson says he told the widow of Sergeant La David Johnson, "He knew what he signed up for." She talks to CNN's Don Lemon about the call.

Really?
He didn't join the Green Berets to flip burgers for the troops.
Why does the truth hurt you deranged Leftists so much?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Then boy oh boy, what?

zzz

You don't think it was callous? A young wife, barely more than a girl, six months pregnant, just lost her husband, and they can't even open the casket? I thought it was cold. It might be true; they all know active duty is a risk, but it was inappropriate for the occasion.
edit on 10/17/2017 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
isn't he a peach?

I can't even imagine what military mom's around the country are thinking regarding this? especially considering he didn't serve..

the man has 24k toilets, ffs. he doesn't understand.. it makes me sad for his supporters, honestly.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
urrrm... and? I could use those words in a conversation to a widow easily - without offending anyone..

''Your Son died a hero, he died serving his country. He knew the risks, he knew what he signed up for, he went anyway and fought for his brothers..... ''

Pull your head out of your *** anyone can snip a conversation down to a few words and say its bad.

How about you start an OP with a proper opening instead of a bs link and one liner?
edit on 17/10/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If you've ever lost anyone you love, then you know how fragile you are for a while. Gentleness is called for.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Well what can you expect from Trump, he likes his soldiers not to be captured or brown.

This man is such an all around disgusting example of humanity how any one supports him is beyond me.

K~

What part of "he knew what he signed up for" is disgusting?
Again...why does the truth hurt you Leftists so much? Why can't you stomach it?
It's disgusting that you guys are so far removed from reality.
This guy was a Green Beret, he wasn't there minding his own business and got caught up in something by accident.
You don't join an elite fighting force to sit around and bullsh!t all day, without knowing what you are getting into.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I doubt that's all he said to her though.

There's nothing wrong with that statement either. He did know. That can be taken as something to respect him for too.

Just that one statement alone isn't enough to complain about. Unless of course he called her up and that was the only thing he said and then hung up the phone. Then that would be pretty sh*tty. But he had to say more than just that.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

If you've ever lost anyone you love, then you know how fragile you are for a while. Gentleness is called for.

She was a soldiers wife..
She knew what he signed up for..
Just because CNN took a conversation, cut out 5 words doesn't make it callus, cruel..
edit on 17/10/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Knowing how the media reports things I's like to hear the conversation.

"Your husband amazes me. Knowing the risks, knowing what he signed up for, he still did his duty. He was a hero ..."

Becomes:

"Well, he knew the risks, gotta go golfing. big hands. bigly. yuge. yadda yadda"

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
SOURCE

SOURCE

so this isnt the widow complaining it is some dem comgresswoman?
bah
shame on them for using the widow as a political football
disgusting but a daily occurance for dems

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

We are at risk everytime we get into a car, or plane. If you lost a loved one in a crash such as that, would you want someone to say "well she knew people are in plane crashes everyday". Wouldn't that sort of be like blaming the victim?

May not be the best analogy, but you see what I mean. He could have just left it at a comforting thought.

Oh well. You think what you think.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

no, I disagree.

that's implied.. he doesn't need to bring it up, not to a grieving mom.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

She was a soldiers wife..
She knew what he signed up for..
Just because CNN took a conversation, cut out 5 words doesn't make it callus, cruel..

Oh. No comment.
-- ah, I see you removed part of your abrasive post. But still, no comment.

You have a nice day.
edit on 10/17/2017 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Trump is a cold hearted ass. He handled these four deaths horribly. He's been more disrespectful to our military than any NFL player could ever hope to and repugnant to the Constitution. He's ignorant. He's a sexual predator. He's lots of horrible things... but this quote was taken out of context.

"He knew what he signed up for ... but when it happens, it hurts anyway," according to Florida Rep. Frederica Wilson, who relayed the account of the conversation to the local ABC affiliate, WPLG.

Business Insider
edit on 10/17/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: mOjOm

no, I disagree.

that's implied.. he doesn't need to bring it up, not to a grieving mom.

It's how you frame it. For example:

"He was a courageous soldier. He knew what he was signing up for. Yet he faced that with honor and courage. You should be very proud of him for that."

That's good framing. But if it was:

"Come on woman, what are you crying about. He knew what what he was signing up for. Stop blubbering about it."

That would be bad framing.

Just pointing out that one tiny sentence without any context or what else was said with it doesn't really say anything at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Then boy oh boy, what?

zzz

It sounds as if Trump thinks of the troops as expendable fodder first, and as an individual who was a son, brother, husband and father second.

"He knew what he signed up for" sounds more like an excuse than condolences.
edit on 17-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The worst thing about...Trump

Or one of the worst things about Trump is his political cynicism

Trump in his own sordid mind plays politics with anything…very crudely

He has little tact

edit on 17-10-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join