It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Thank God white people populated America"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Yet the vast majority of people will never get their dream job regardless of whether they do everything they can or not. They'll be stuck with working a job they don't want to be at. I wonder why that is? Because the system is set up to benefit those at the top.

Even the slaves back in the day had a guaranteed meal and a place to sleep, but those aren't guaranteed today even with a job.

Slavery has changed with the times.
edit on 10/18/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Alien Abduct

So you wake up every day eager to get to work and do the same thing you did yesterday? Or do you wake up wishing it was the weekend?

You don't have to answer that, all I'm asking is that you be honest with yourself.

No I get your point, absolutely. I mean I wish all the time I could hit the powerball so that i can just travel the world and find some fun projects to get involved in instead of working.

But I am also grateful for the blessing of being able to work 40 hours a week in order to provide very well for my family, knowing that generations before me worked more than double that for a lot less in comparison.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Yet another poster who can't read, huh? I said other than the last 30 or 40 years in the US. So modern Zimbabwe is better for me than the continental US:

1) in the 1600s when the Spanish were colonizing & wiping out my Native American side;
2) in the 1700s when my African lineage on one side was being enslaved;
3) in the 1800s when my bloodline from the Kingdom of Benin was being crushed, my Native American side was being forced off its land, my bloodlines on both sides were enslaved and then oppressed under the "Black Codes" and "Jim Crow laws"; and
4) from 1900 to 1970s-1980s.

How am I wrong in that assessment? You think I'd be better off during the slave days? Or when my maternal line was literally being ethnically cleansed off of land they've had for countless centuries? Please don't tell me you're one of those people who think African Americans were better off during slavery or under Segregation. If so, you'll lose all credibility with me.

Also, I think it's pretty ridiculous for you to make the assumption that I haven't traveled. Zimbabwe and South Africa may have been great for white people back then, but they were undeniably worse for the "coloreds" and "blacks" there who were forced to live under the oppressive white rule ("coloreds" and "black" were separate classes, with "coloreds" being given more rights than "blacks" but fewer than "whites"). There's nothing good about being literal 2nd and 3rd class citizens.
edit on 18-10-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Now think about how much better those African and Amazonian tribes have it compared to us on the happiness scale. Not only are they happy because they get to spend the majority of their time with family but they also get to earn their living as well!

There's a reason those tribes choose to stay away from civilization, they know they are better off in that small community in the middle of the rain forest. It's hard to screw someone over when you've grown up with them your whole life and gave come to love them. We don't have that luxury with the way things are set up in today's society.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Yet the vast majority of people will never get their dream job regardless of whether they do everything they can or not. They'll be stuck with working a job they don't want to be at. I wonder why that is? Because the system is set up to benefit those at the top.

Even the slaves back in the day had a guaranteed meal and a place to sleep, but those aren't guaranteed today even with a job.

Slavery has changed with the times.

Dude if you keep thinking like that you are always going to be miserable and angry and hating what you do day in and day out. If you want to spend the rest of your life miserable, keep doing what you are doing. If you want to have better days, then you should work on fixing it. You are the only person with the power to change your life.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What Amelia said above me^^^

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Then I'd just be lying to myself. I see the way things are set up and see the injustice of it all, I can't just ignore that.

I make the most of what was handed to me but once you see it you can't unsee it. Luckily I have a great girlfriend and family that keep me going and pushing through. I still see that it is wrong though no matter how much I try to block it out.

ETA: You guys probably think I'm depressed or something. I'm not miserable, misery would be having no one to turn to but I have plenty of that, plus I get to vent my frustrations on here which is somewhat therapeutic.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It gets even worse than that. They'd even force Natives dive for pearls in shark infested waters. And I remember reading another account of them raping a tribal leader's wife in front of him to show who "was in control". And like you said, they brought literal dogs of war w/them which would maim and eat the Natives.

I actually liken their arrival to the biblical "4 Horsemen" because of the plagues, famines, atrocities, and mass deaths that they brought. They sent so many Native slaves back home that they were supposedly ordered to stop sending them. They turned Caribbean islands into slave pens. The list goes on and on.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

No. But you're just downplaying and dismissing what we're saying with the excuse that we're not trying hard enough which is BS.

I've worked my whole life and try extremely hard. I don't take any hand outs and don't expect anything to be given. I don't blame anyone else either for where I'm at and most of the time don't complain about it either.

But don't tell me the reason I'm not more successful is because I didn't work hard enough. Or that putting some more effort is surely going to solve it either. It doesn't always work out that way. I've been close in fact a few times, but things happen and sometimes you have to start over.

I'm glad you found your groove and are successful and doing well. I wouldn't try and downplay that or make it sound like you had it easy. I don't know you. So I don't know why you think such comments are valid the other way around.

But thanks for the advice. Even though I pretty much thought of that myself a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Then I'd just be lying to myself. I see the way things are set up and see the injustice of it all, I can't just ignore that.

I make the most of what was handed to me but once you see it you can't unsee it. Luckily I have a great girlfriend and family that keep me going and pushing through. I still see that it is wrong though no matter how much I try to block it out.

Do you understand the Circle of Influence? Start with yourself. You are not big enough to fix the country's problems, but you can achieve more in your life if you try, and you can be less miserable day in and day out. Once you better yourself, you can better others in your Circle. The world's problems are not on your shoulders.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

The US would be a completely different country if it had been settled by other than white men.

I'll leave other members to conclude what they think this place would be like under the leadership of others.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Check my edit, I'm not miserable just dissatisfied and frustrated. Thanks for the advice though, I really do appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

No. But you're just downplaying and dismissing what we're saying with the excuse that we're not trying hard enough which is BS.

I've worked my whole life and try extremely hard. I don't take any hand outs and don't expect anything to be given. I don't blame anyone else either for where I'm at and most of the time don't complain about it either.

But don't tell me the reason I'm not more successful is because I didn't work hard enough. Or that putting some more effort is surely going to solve it either. It doesn't always work out that way. I've been close in fact a few times, but things happen and sometimes you have to start over.

I'm glad you found your groove and are successful and doing well. I wouldn't try and downplay that or make it sound like you had it easy. I don't know you. So I don't know why you think such comments are valid the other way around.

But thanks for the advice. Even though I pretty much thought of that myself a long time ago.

The other poster straight up said he (or she) did not want to work outside the normal 40 hours and you agreed with that statement (or seemed to). I'm not dismissing hard work - neither of you claimed to work hard. I said hard work gets you there.

As far as me, it wasn't easy, it wasn't hard either. In short: It was LONG. It was LONG and people in my life LAUGHED at me for always trying. No one is laughing now. I don't mean that to sound like a brag it is just a fact no one is laughing.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

I, for one, am extremely grateful for the European incursion into North America. I and my family are grateful for what this nation has given us.

Good thing you weren't a Native American back then!

They weren't first either. Originally, there was no one here, so stuff that in your pipe, etc. etc.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Check my edit, I'm not miserable just dissatisfied and frustrated. Thanks for the advice though, I really do appreciate it.

I see the edit. Good, because for pages there you did sound actually miserable and hateful towards your daily life. I'm glad to see that is not the case and you meant it to be more of a vent. Even though we are in disagreement on this one topic regarding majority black countries, it is still hard to see someone whom I thought was so miserable as you appeared to be. I hate to see miserable people who feel helpless to change their situation because it can change. It really can.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

No one should have to apologize for being glad they are in America.

What was he suppose to say?

"Europeans should have never came to America, I should pack my bags and go back to Euro."

This is such a set up. It's "immoral" to be white and proud of heritage now. Lame.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Where did I say I didn't want to work for my living? My gripe is not with having to work for my living, it is with the modern day slavery that those in power have us trapped in.

I work very hard yet don't get compensated fairly whereas these CEO's who sit on their asses all day and pretty much live a vacation get paid a thousand times more than me, even though I am the one they rely on to make them money.

It IS slavery, just the modern day version of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

That's fine. I'm not trying to make a big deal about it. Just trying to make the point that your response is in many cases nothing more than an insult.

Because putting in extra work is the most simple and the very first obvious thing that we all already know and have tried. I know you probably didn't mean it like that, but I mean do you really think that hadn't crossed our minds until now??? Or that we didn't think of it also before now and tried doing that in various ways and times in the past??? Of course we have. That's the first thing everyone thinks of because it's the most obvious thing to try.

That's all I'm trying to say. No big deal.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

In our current society race is how green you are.

1st class = Rich
2nd = Middle
3rd = Poverty
4th = Homeless n Penniless

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I get it, everything is someone else's fault.

BS.

Look at the downward spiral of African nations once the Europeans leave.

Not racist, just factual.

Add the exponential increase in rape, robbery, and homicide in Europe since the influx of immigrants from the ME and Africa.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join