It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Thank God white people populated America"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Only good for the short term? You realize that we lived that way for hundreds of thousands of years before this recent technological boom we've had?

You've got it backwards, our current society is only "good" for the short term, look at how much damage we've done to the planet in that very short amount of time. Look at the factory farms, the pollution, the rampant corruption, the destruction, etc. You've got it completely and utterly backwards. We have a better chance of killing ourselves off with nukes than we do with a 6-mile wide asteroid hitting us.

I think you're the one who's out of touch with reality, we can't keep going the way we're going for much longer.
edit on 10/18/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't know if that's the same documentary I watched, but one of the first Native American tribes that Lewis and Clark encountered were a very "loving" people.

They believed in getting as much fresh DNA material as possible into their gene pool. The expedition's men were happy to comply. And as I understand it, it took quite some effort on the part of the expedition's leadership to convince the men to leave and continue their exploration.

-dex

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Most people didn't own slaves. Slaves represented about 12% of the population. Are you suggesting that the other 88% of the population didn't work? That's funny.

Yeah the slaves obviously helped but they were by far a minority in doing so.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Not only that but the explorers that first came here wrote about it themselves. They wrote about the fact that the natives they encountered here were so friendly and inviting toward them that they would be able to conquer them easily by just sending over some more soldiers.

The natives being friendly to them was one of the main things they personally pointed out as for why taking them over would be easy to do. Obviously they didn't realize that wasn't the correct assumption since when it came down to it the natives ended up not being so easy after all.

But they personally wrote about them being welcoming themselves. We know this for a fact.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Who were those 12%? Prosperous white people.

Are you picking up what I'm putting dow? You'll need to take the rest of your comments in this thread into context to get what I'm saying.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Only good for the short term? You realize that we lived that way for hundreds of thousands of years before this recent technological boom we've had?

You've got it backwards, our current society is only "good" for the short term, look at how much damage we've done to the planet in that very short amount of time. Look at the factory farms, the pollution, the rampant corruption, the destruction, etc. You've got it completely and utterly backwards. We have a better chance of killing ourselves off with nukes than we do with a 6-mile wide asteroid hitting us.

I think you're the one who's out of touch with reality, we can't keep going the way we're going for much longer.

You know that asteroid isn't a matter of if but when it WILL hit. What will the primitive societies do about it? Nothing. Humans=toast

Humans destroying ourselves? Yes possible but not absolute.

So it's stay primitive and die off. Or advance and MAYBE die off....I'll go with maybe.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Who were those 12%? Prosperous white people.

Are you picking up what I'm putting dow? You'll need to take the rest of your comments in this thread into context to get what I'm saying.

Hmm that is another conversation I'm having with and is a comment aimed towards DexterRiley

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

How "progressive" of you to say that!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

How "progressive" of you to say that!

link   

You're going to die anyways so what does it matter? We're all going to die at some point, our species as well. That's not a matter of if either, it WILL happen sooner or later.

I'll go with primitive instead of the disaster we have going on right now.

Overpopulation, pollution, destruction, war, famine, bleeding resources dry, oil spills, billions of animals living in factory farms and being tortured their whole lives, corruption, greed, destruction of the family unit... do I need to go on? Our current society does much more harm than it does good. We've tipped the balance too heavily in our fair and imbalance is NEVER a good thing, as we see on a worldwide scale today.
edit on 10/18/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

so - who stole my land ???

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Progress and taking advantage of something are two different things. Our current "progress" is killing the planet and the life on it, except for us conveniently. It's not all about us.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yes, Columbus said of the Arawak that with 50 men, he could subjugate all of them. Shortly thereafter, Arawak babies were being fed to dogs. A tribute system was setup by the Spanish where they were required to bring a certain amount of gold at regular intervals. Gold wasn't actually plentiful and if it were, these people had no knowledge of mining it anyway so they panned for gold dust.

Those who could pan enough dust were given a token indicating that they were good until the next due date. Those who did not, would have their hands cut off.

Those who fled were hunted with dogs, tortured and murdered. Ultimately, Arawaks committed mass suicide by the thousands, with parents killing their own children and themselves to escape the horror wrought by the Spaniards under Columbus.

IIRC, within something like two years, an estimated 125k indigenous people were dead in Haiti — half the indigenous population.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

You're going to die anyways so what does it matter? We're all going to die at some point, our species as well. That's not a matter of if either, it WILL happen sooner or later.

I'll go with primitive instead of the disaster we have going on right now.

Overpopulation, pollution, destruction, war, famine, bleeding resources dry, oil spills, billions of animals living in factory farms and being tortured their whole lives, corruption, greed, destruction of the family unit... do I need to go on? Our current society does much more harm than it does good. We've tipped the balance too heavily in our fair and imbalance is NEVER a good thing, as we see on a worldwide scale today.

You say this as you sit in your lighted home with in-house fresh running water that even likely has a heating and cooling system as you type on your advanced piece of technology. What a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"I, for one, am extremely grateful for the European incursion into North America."

Pretty damn naive to say in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Most people didn't own slaves. Slaves represented about 12% of the population. Are you suggesting that the other 88% of the population didn't work? That's funny.

Yeah the slaves obviously helped but they were by far a minority in doing so.

In my opinion, I stated that the early nation would not have achieved its greatness as quickly because the lack of workers would have made the creation of plantations more difficult.

In this link that I found after a quick Google search indicates a much higher percentage of black slaves in the Southern Colonies in 1750 than the number you mention. The numbers vary from approximately 25% to as high as 60%. Given the relatively sparse populations of that time period, not having access to that labor force would have had a significant negative impact.

-dex

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah. I was just reading some of the stuff they wrote the other day with my wife. It's so brutal it's hard to even read it and imagine the reality of it.

They talked about how they would cut off the hands of those they captured and hang them around their necks and send them walking back to their tribes as a message of what happens to those who don't comply.

They also wrote about how they would take any chiefs and make an example of them by slowly roasting them over the fire so their screams could be heard and so as they burned their souls would travel with the smoke up to heaven to be saved.

I mean damn!! That's just a couple little parts too. There was so much other stuff. It's horrible.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Tempter

Progress and taking advantage of something are two different things. Our current "progress" is killing the planet and the life on it, except for us conveniently. It's not all about us.

If when you say " us" you mean humans then you are wrong. It absolutely is all about us.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I was born into it, I was never taught how to survive outside of it and I don't have time to learn it because I have to work a job to pay my bills otherwise I'll be out there on the streets.

Call me a hypocrite all you want, that's like saying a dog is a hypocrite for not wanting to be thrown out on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I know some natives who would bitch slap anyone for saying this.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join