It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Thank God white people populated America"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What also bothers me is that the guy says he assumes African tribes would go over to the USA and conquer and succeed. They might go exploring and meet but maybe they would trade and play together.
It might be the other way around, might have been Asians, ME, it's all different nonexistent timelines, why would they conquer like the Europeans did at the time. I would rather he didn't raise the subject like that but first made sure present day descendents would be taken care of, that is a basic level of living. I don't believe that is the case at the moment, but I'm just a European with a wish to buy land myself in the USA one day. Then later one time people could get back on the subject.
I believe if the USA/Americans truly understood life, they (the government) would just give more to native americans, if just like a special welfare, guiding in better living, coaching, etc. it should come from tax payers money symbolic to acknowledge debt. Other groups are different, none have a claim to the lands like native americans, Asians, African Americans, it wasn't there lands, their entry is just significantly different.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I mentioned in my posts a few times that the Indians would banish troublesome people from their tribes and these troublesome people banded together to cause trouble for the tribes. The tribes still needed warriors to fight these bands of bad Indians. On top of that, there were conflicts between tribes, they were human like us. But they had treaties and tried to get along, they were not savages. The people Europe sent over to rid the Americans of Native Americans were Savages though. Eventually good settlers came over from Europe.

At least you are admitting that they did have conflicts. Of course they did; different groups of people always have. Competition for resources alone is enough to bring that about. As for who was, and wasn't, "savage", it's accurate to say there were some who were savage on both sides. Again, pat of being human. There are some seriously vicious things that some Indian tribes wold do to enemies, quite savage, and there are things some Europeans did (such as Columbus) that were also savage. Neither side is innocent in that regard.

From what you posted, there were already some white people here. I read some articles about these people. They seem to have been miners, the Hopi also mention some people like this. They had long necks too, or wore something that made them look like they had long necks. Egyptians did wear some strange looking coils on their necks, but they did not have green eyes.

Well, the Cherokee legends sometimes state blue eyes, and sometimes simply call them "moon-eyed", and talk of them preferring the night, for whatever reason. Green eyes, which I didn't mention, though, can be found in many places. Rare, to be sure, but they can be seen in various places. I don't recall if the SW legends mention eye color or not, though I do remember some talking of "red-haired giants", that were also described as cannibals. It's being proven, at any rate, that people came to the Americas a lot earlier than was once believed, and not over the Bering Strait alone, as we once thought. Some, it's shown, likely came over the half-frozen Atlantic, during an ice age, and spear points, along with skulls, show this is very likely true. Far more history here than we once thought, and it's fascinating stuff, I think! When you add in that someone can cross the Pacific in quite a primitive boat, it's clear we might never know who was here "first", or from where. Even travel from known civilizations was likely earlier, and more extensive, than once believed.

I really love this sort of study; all the mystery of these ancient people, all we don't know, all we can learn - fascinating stuff!! I have actually been to see the area of the "moon-eyed people", and there is a feeling there, something I can't really describe, that makes me most curious about them! The remains of the walls mentioned are most interesting, too.

It is hard to figure out what the Indians were talking about. There are blue eyed people who have porphyria in Europe which makes you allergic to sunlight, so they avoid it. This is a problem with the blood, and these people are white, having porphins in their skin. I know people who have this problem. They avoid direct sunlight. The Indians may have thought it was their eyes but then again they could have had a sensitivity to the light. They didn't see the white people in the days, maybe it was because they were mining during the day. There could be a lot of answers to your post.

The odd thing is that an entire group would be of that sort, and somehow settle there, as they apparently did. That's the real mystery for me. Early Europeans coming over, we know now was not only possible, but highly probable, virtually proven, but an entire group, settling a large area, and all sensitive to the light? I have a relative who is allergic to sunlight, as it happens. Only one in the family that is, as far as we know, though. Not blue eyes, either; hers are brown.

Many possible answers, sure, but I haven't found one, in decades of interest int hat particular legend, that really explains all aspects of it. Whoever and whatever they were, I am sure there was no connection to some Welsh price, though! Never did see the appeal of that particular legend - even the time frame wouldn't fit.

I am a Finn, I have no native American in me at all. I know quite a few Native Americans, half of them are Findians. But like I also mentioned, the Native Americans left here today came from the Indians that agreed to live on the reservations and allowed themselves to get screwed. They are mellow people. I am sure that there were power hungry people in their tribes, and there were probably those who liked to steal from others and also ones who liked to kill humans. We all came from the same original people.

There are some who don't live on reservations, too. I do have some Indian blood, likely Creek, though possibly Cherokee, from my mother's side. The Creek were anything but mellow. My great-grandmother was half, and her mother full. Family suspected she was claimed to be Cherokee to avoid problems, since they got along with the settlers, and the creek did not. And, yes, all from the same initially, from what I believe as well! All from Noah and his kin.

I belong to a group of people who study the past here in America, mostly the involvement of other areas of the world in America. The evidence seems to point to many of the native Americans being brought here three thousand years or so ago and also some immigrating here after that. Canada was already settled by Northern Europeans before Columbus and the shores of this country were already mapped by the sailors who hauled things between European nations, they followed currents to get around. They could most likely see Americas Shores when they were Traveling, making maps would have meant a closer trip. Some of those old maps were a thousand years old at the time.

We have far older remains, though, that have been found around the Americas. Many, of course, those of the accepted Indian tribes, did initially come across the Bering Strait, and migrate throughout the lands. Others, though, came far earlier, and by other means. Even the old mounds are not all from the Indian tribes. Abraham Lincoln even spoke of giant bones in some of those, and the Indians often stated they were already there - the mounds - when they arrived.

The frustrating thing for me is how so much of the data concerning those earlier times is concealed, and even destroyed. The site for Kennewick Man, for example, was literally buried. Some tribes claim Caucasoid skulls as their "ancestors", too, and try to prevent further research. Bad for learning the real history! Politics should not be a factor in archaeology. Whatever was, was, and claiming otherwise now, for whatever reason, only means we can't learn the truth. None of the far distant past will change national borders now, or our own national history, so why not learn it all?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Asktheanimals

And that's one of the reasons why, I preferred African or African American and European or European Americans over Blk and WHT, the former relates to culture and geography the other an imprecise color description based off casual eyeballing of outdated 19 century terms such as Negro, negroid, Caucasian, Caucasoid etc ,this should be found only in the dust bin of taxonomy and history.

I've never liked it either. Maybe not for the sophisticated reasons you stated; I've never thought about those, but it's still a misnomer.

(Black and White, I mean. To clarify.)
edit on 11/5/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I like trying to find the truth. Not consensus of the time, not history fabricated by the winners of wars. They have more truth about this in the archives of England than in our textbooks here in America.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

You think the only superior thing is tech?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

You think the only superior thing is tech?

Please, by all means enlighten me then? What else did you have in mind?

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree
I often wonder what the world would be like if Europeans had never set foot in the Americas.

Cherokee were kicking all the other indians butts.

For a while it would have been a Cherokee nation.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I don't like braggarts myself, but WE ARE the go to capital, to build dreams.
WE ALSO have MASTERS who destroy them, so you better be cagy or you don't make it.
American'sd design dreams, fly them,sell them as well as show them in ALL of your theaters,not like Ero or Asian Cinema,who mostly use us for better productions/equipment and talent.
OF course with such a LARGE place and 300 million,we can pick and choose, so the dream better be good and unique.

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I like trying to find the truth. Not consensus of the time, not history fabricated by the winners of wars. They have more truth about this in the archives of England than in our textbooks here in America.

I prefer truth as well. As for textbooks, I shudder to think what's in some of them these days. When I was in school, I recall it being pretty balanced, but then, mot of my public schooling was before the Department of Ed took over, so there is that.

I firmly believe there is a lot more history, not just in the Americas, but worldwide, than current mainstream archaeology wants to admit. Really enjoy watching/reading/listening to Graham Hancock stuff, for example!

posted on Nov, 6 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I prefer truth as well. As for textbooks, I shudder to think what's in some of them these days. When I was in school, I recall it being pretty balanced, but then, mot of my public schooling was before the Department of Ed took over, so there is that.

I firmly believe there is a lot more history, not just in the Americas, but worldwide, than current mainstream archaeology wants to admit. Really enjoy watching/reading/listening to Graham Hancock stuff, for example!

I like watching Graham Hancocks stuff too. I thought it might be because I grew up in Hancock Michigan so I have formed a subconscious opinion based on the name.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join