It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Thank God white people populated America"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Like I can afford a house to just give away, lol. I can barely keep up with rent and other bills as it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Congratulations, count yourself lucky.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: nwtrucker

I, for one, am extremely grateful for the European incursion into North America. I and my family are grateful for what this nation has given us.

Good thing you weren't a Native American back then!

Good thing I wasn't ANYTHING back then. I'm on food stamps and im living better than Louis XIII or Henry VIII.

You think I'm just dying to live in an era without toilet paper just so i could subjugate some dark skinned folks? I LIKE living in an era where women from all over the world live within a few blocks radius from me, and I only need pick up my phone to reach out to them.

I guess we could focus on the suffering only and completely ignore the benefits every culture has reaped from coming into contact with white europeans. Seems a little unbalanced and biased, with a dash of racial prejudice... Nah, not really my cup of tea. I tried the whole white guilt thing, it didn't get me anywhere, because no apology will ever be good enough because there is nothing to be sorry for.

We don't owe an apology any more than any native or black owes Me a "thank you" for being born into a life of luxery instead of "in the bush" eating with one hand, wiping with the other.

Next time anyone talks about being owed something or wanting an apology, say "you're welcome" instead. It makes Just as much sense!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Congratulations, count yourself lucky.

I do. But I worked hard for years to get this and I still work hard. I never complained in the times when I worked jobs I hated waking up to. I just went and did them while working on skills and other things I needed to do better things.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

That's one good thing about threads like this. It lets me see how people really feel. This and a few other threads have permanently changed my views of some posters here. Whether they say it explicitly or not, the notion that a person could be better off as a slave than free is repulsive to me.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Yep Botswana is a success,i would move there in a heartbeat if i could!!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

That's one good thing about threads like this. It lets me see how people really feel. This and a few other threads have permanently changed my views of some posters here. Whether they say it explicitly or not, the notion that a person could be better off as a slave than free is repulsive to me.

One of the reasons that I did not want to participate in this tread. I have been around a long time. Long enough to have experienced water fountains with signs labeling who could drink and who could not. Long enough to know stores and movie houses were people of color had to use the backdoors.

There were racist, bigots, and hate with no valid reason, based on a bunch of preconceived beliefs and lies. We fooled ourselves into thinking that we were better than that, and that we could grow a country built on equality, freedoms, rights, fortitude, and respect.

We were successful in installing a plating, but a construction will not stand when the plating is placed over wood rotten to the core.

As long as the lies, the false doctrines, and the inability to recognize evil in its simplest form continues in the hearts and mind of the people, we will never see peace on this planet. We will remain slaves to a corrupt system that will be maintained by those in power and those that which to obtain power. Even those that were enslaved and abused, will continue the system as they move up to the top, because the only thing that keeps them going is dreaming on pissing on someone on the way up, the same way they were pissed on when they were down.

edit on 18-10-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Humanity's entire history is a story of conquerers and the conquered. It's ridiculous to view history through the glasses of modern sensibilities. What happened built the country many of us love and defend. No reason to feel guilt over that or any degree of remorse... what was, was. If I had a time machine, I'd not use it to change any of that.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I liked it better when there were trees, and disease wasn't bred into the gene pool for perpetual $. We didn't need money, so we didn't have to slave. Just took care of ourselves, and more importantly each other, which was not only easy but thrilling, since food grew out of the dirt on schedule and roamed the plains at random.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Facts aren't racist

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: swedy13
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Facts aren't racist
what facts?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Well the owner/operators have been attacking public schools for decades, most recently this DeVos "person" gutting the ED, that & America has a history of attacking intellectualism.
Strange that in a country that has led technological innovation, the simple minded who play with fancy balls are considered heroes, yet the man that can design & build the fancy balls is just an unwelcome nerd.

K~

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Oh, their comments clearly show where their minds are at.

& that's all I'm gonna say about that.

K~

edit on 18-10-2017 by aethertek because: wrds

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That holds true regardless of whether the Europeans came over or not. Luckily they did so we're still not living in huts.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am also happy my ancestors came here many generations ago. Their actions provided a great life for my family and I, and I'm grateful for that every day. My great grandparents came here on a boat, they are German-Italian and I also have a small percentage of native American DNA in my heritage as well. Proud of every single last culture that makes up my family's history as well.

As far as his claims go, who knows what would have happened with different players throughout time. We do however know how things did happen in our country, immigrants, and "blacks" as he says, included. Our ancestors came from a variety of backgrounds and ethnicities, and our country may not be the global powerhouse it is today had any of those people/circumstances been changed.

I'm personally thankful for each and every person who worked toward building the future of our country, and those who died defending it. And that isn't ethnically specific. We're all Americans now, and that is what matters to me.

edit on 10/18/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Those that sit on the throne do not get their hands dirty.

They just own everything that is created by the hands of those that they own.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't know if that's the same documentary I watched, but one of the first Native American tribes that Lewis and Clark encountered were a very "loving" people.

They believed in getting as much fresh DNA material as possible into their gene pool. The expedition's men were happy to comply. And as I understand it, it took quite some effort on the part of the expedition's leadership to convince the men to leave and continue their exploration.

-dex

I remember the part of the loving people. It must have been the same documentary. That started me researching whether most of the Native Americans were peaceful. After a lot of research I concluded most of them were peaceful people. It blew me away, I grew up watching westerns and we played cowboys and Indians when I was a kid. I always got stuck being an indian, and my cousins insisted they killed me with their capguns all the time.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You are talking about one group there, sure there were bad groups of Indians, there are still slave traders that are white. Back then, white people traded slaves too.

You have to remember, a lot of American history was written by white people who were trying to justify their actions. Only ten percent of white people were actually using slaves back then, you can't make a general statement about that either. Also, some white slave owners actually were fare to the slaves and emancipated them and set them up when they left.

I mentioned in previous threads that most of the Indian tribes were peaceful and civil.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

answer me this, could you survive without all those things? A lot of what we think of as necessities are far from necessities. It is nice having a car and roads and grocery stores, but we could survive and enjoy a civilization without all of this. What happens if it disappears next month, a big event. What would you do. We would probably have a great time roughing it for four or five years. I should get the wood for an outhouse.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: rickymouse

The native tribes were murdering each other in droves for land and in tribal wars long before the white folk showed up.

That idyllic picture of native life is a fairy tale.

*snip*

Look at real history, most of the Indians were peaceful back before we came here and they had an extensive trade network. When the White man came here, they had to make up the Heathen thing to justify killing off the Indians so they could get their land and steal their buffalo and hides. They also logged out most of the big trees to send back or to use the oak bark to make tanning solutions for the buffalo hides. The Indians did not like them killing the buffalo to just get the hides, I saw pictures of piles of buffalo bones from those days, that was happening all the way into the eighteen hundreds.

Look for the real history, not the lies that people of those days were spreading to make themselves look good to the Christians of Europe. On top of that there were Europeans here already, Some were treated as Indians, some kept their old styles and nobody even bothered to check when they got here, there were farms in the Upper US, there were Northern Europeans in Canada before Columbus discovered America and some had migrated down south a bit into Minnisota and the Northern states.

*snip*

Well, then, let's look at the legends of the Indians themselves. Since they were known in my "neck of the woods", when I was a child, I will share some Cherokee legends.

Cherokee Legend of the Moon-Eyed People

In the long, long ago, before the Cherokee came from their homeland of great snakes and water monsters to the mountains of blue smoke and sparkling streams, so said the Old Men, there lived in these beautiful hills and glades a race of men who were not Cherokee. These men had white skin, bearded faces, and blue eyes like the sky, and they were here even before the lusty Spaniards who came seeking gold. They possessed all the land from the Little Tennessee River to Kentucky, with a line of fortifications from one end of their domain to the other. These white men lived in little houses of logs and mud, dug out from the inside, and they never emerged from their rounded dwellings in the daytime because they were blinded by light. They came out only at night, in the dark of the moon, to hunt, fish, build their mounds and fortifications, and carry on warfare. During the full moon they were stone blind, and so they were called the Moon Eyed People. Once at the full of the moon, said the Old Men, the Creeks came up from the south and drove the Moon Eyed People from their beautiful homeland. From where they came and where they went are equal mysteries, but it is told that they were driven far to the west toward the setting sun, and vanished into its light.

In this version, they state the Creek Indians rove them out. In other versions, the Cherokee did so themselves:

Cherokee Legends of White Indians and Burial Mounds

There is a dim but persistent tradition of a strange white race preceding the Cherokee, some of the stories even going so far as to locate their former settlements and to identify them as the authors of the ancient works found in the country. The earliest reference appears to be that of Barton in 1797, on the stayement of a gentlemen whom he quotes as a valuable authority up[on the southern tribes. "The Cherokee tell us, that when they first arrived in the country, which they inhabit, they found it possessed by certain 'moon-eyed people', who could not see in the daytime. These wretches they expelled."

All peaceful, eh? Not really! Various tribes warred with one another, too.

Lewis and Clark even reported the Sioux attacking other tribes:

At the time of the Lewis and Clark expedition, the Teton Sioux occupied two villages near present-day Pierre, South Dakota. One village was located on the Missouri River itself, while the other was situated off a tributary, the Bad River. Among French and Canadian traders, as well as other neighboring tribes, the Tetons were known for aggressiveness and power. Intent on controlling traffic through their portion of the river, they would demand large gifts from passing merchants. Sometimes, they even used more violent tactics.

During the expedition’s stay, the Tetons held a number of celebrations – scalp dances – of a recent war victory over the rival Omahas.

Source

More reading on tribal conflicts here -

www.nebraskastudies.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Conflict Among the Tribes

The truth is, all people have experienced conflict, caused it, and all lands have been disputed, everywhere we can go.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join