It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Thank God white people populated America"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Market strategist Marc Faber under fire for racist remarks

By Julia Horowitz October 17, 2017: 8:32 PM ET

Faber, who is well known for his market pessimism and often referred to as "Dr. Doom," said in the October edition of his "Gloom, Boom & Doom Report" that it's a good thing white people colonized America.

Faber continued on to say that he's "not a racist," and that he just wanted to highlight "the reality -- no matter how politically incorrect."

He's being dropped like a hot potato, resigning from boards and being outright canned.

Surely he knows he has to do the public apology tour and atone, right?

Reached by email, Faber stood by his remarks.
"If stating some historical facts makes me a racist, then I suppose that I am a racist. For years, Japanese were condemned because they denied the Nanking massacre," he said.

Via money.cnn.com

Whoah! I'm blown away this guy decided not to apologize. What about you, ATS?

edit on 17-10-2017 by Tempter because: Adding title

edit on 17-10-2017 by Tempter because: Removing bracket

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

"Thank God white people populated America, and not the blacks," he wrote. "Otherwise, the US would look like Zimbabwe, which it might look like one day anyway, but at least America enjoyed 200 years in the economic and political sun under a white majority."

Faber continued on to say that he's "not a racist,"

like many racists he apparently does not think he is racist.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I think he was likely ready to retire
and used the opportunity to say what he thought.

Better late than never.

I, for one, am extremely grateful for the European incursion into North America. I and my family are grateful for what this nation has given us.

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I, for one, am extremely grateful for the European incursion into North America. I and my family are grateful for what this nation has given us.

Good thing you weren't a Native American back then!
edit on 10/17/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My relatives came over due to a famine of the spud variety. Some folks wern't happy about the incursions of the Irish...are they white?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Actually by him not saying sorry it just means he is being honest about the fact that what he said is really what he thinks.

Doesn't make it any less stupid of a thing to say obviously. But at least he's not trying to lie about afterward and make up some lame excuses as to why it's not what he meant to say. We all know that's exactly what he meant so he may as well stand by it rather than insult everyone again by trying to lie his way out as if we're too dumb to figure it out ourselves.

But that's what the world is today. When you say something stupid, everyone is going to know about it and you're going to have to explain yourself. The days of just publicly being an ass are over to some extent. No more hiding from the things you say.

Doesn't mean you can't still say them. But you're going to be held accountable for what message you're putting out. So make sure you think before you speak. Because you just might have to explain the reason for it and if you don't have anything better than your own ignorance to back it up, you might be in some trouble.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Right, the European Incursion.

Randy Newman sums it up best in

The Great Nations of Europe

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

By 9PM EST tomorrow I guarantee one of the following will have linked this to Trump:

The View
HRC
The Rachel Maddow Show
Krazy Shot 😜
Stephen Colbert

edit on 17-10-2017 by BestinShow because: Add a W

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I often wonder what the world would be like if Europeans had never set foot in the Americas.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Looks like Trump is off the hook for the Obama didn't call the families of soldiers comment.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Good thing you weren't a Native American back then!

AMEN!!

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The only good thing about the Trump Residency is the fact that the scum of America feel emboldened enough to speak out loud their hidden filth.

Makes identifying & ostracizing them that much simpler.

K~

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Let's be grateful those Europeans came and stole all their land and almost completely exterminated them though!

Hallelujah, praise the lord for the Europeans!

edit on 10/17/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Let's be grateful those Europeans came and stole all their land and almost completely exterminated them though!

I tire of guilt trips I had nothing to do with. It's over. Long gone.

Deal with it.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree
I often wonder what the world would be like if Europeans had never set foot in the Americas.

Well I guess what we would call democracy and constitutional government was already thriving here amongst the iroquois confederation.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I'm not guilt tripping you, just pointing out the naivety of what you said.

+39 more 
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Everyone stole someones land.

+17 more 
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
The only good thing about the Trump Residency is the fact that the scum of America feel emboldened enough to speak out loud their hidden filth.

K~

Any chance to bash Trump eh?
WTF does this have to do with Trump?
The #ing sun doesn't shine today...it's Trumps fault.
The #ing coffee is sh!tty from McDonalds today...it's Trumps fault.
Some racist asshole says something racist...it's Trumps fault.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

As someone who gets to live in this country, I'm very grateful...

History isn't pretty. People have been raiding and stealing land since the beginning of time. Native Americans weren't some peaceful people sitting around campfires singing and being one with nature either.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

K~

Yes, your hatred and bigotry is so much better than others hatred and bigotry!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join