It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Disrespectful lie’: Anger grows over Trump’s claims about past presidents and fallen troops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: links234
Very true all you have to do is see how the President now acts with fallen soldiers,very evident,last 8 yrs they were the step child of citizens,finally we have someone who respects the country

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

The truth should hire a few PR agencies as well. Seems to be just another poor artist with a boring message, who cares? What's this truth thingy about anyway? I need my Total War based on lies, I'm a Kraut and export weltmeister due to this mess.
Grow a pair and nazi up a tad, you're a disgrace for the white abovehuman! Lol, the sound of that...

Yes. You can keep the towering irony and welocme to ATS, btw.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I heard yesterday that when he visited Arlington for the wreath laying ceremony he would leave the media and crowd behind and walk amongst the soldiers who died in Afghanistan because they were the ones he had sent into battle. He would not allow the media to film those moments.
Reverence and respect.
edit on 10182017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Slack? Obama was given slack?

Oh boy.

AND
Why are you making this a racial thing anyway?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm pretty sure the NFL players are protesting police brutality not disrespecting fallen hero's.
Tell a few more lies. Why not, the example is coming from the very top.
A shining example our children can look up to.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Wow I didn't know you needed tenure before your posts become valid.
New people you've been advised. Your posts won't count until you've worn the shine off your membership.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I haven't seen this before, totally disrespectful.

I found that clip about him being handed a Purple Heart really quite horrible.

Trump is just a bad joke now at this point.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Are you honestly making the claim that if Trump was a Black Man then everyone would be going easy on him???

I know this view is unpopular on ATS but I believe that a huge element of Trump support comes from racism.

I think part of the problem is that racist views have been so discouraged they cannot even be openly discussed, they have been oppressed so much that nothing has actually been done in the last few decades to really challenge real racist views. The label "Racist" has very strong negative connotations in modern society that the people who felt uneasy about a Black president couldn't really voice those feelings. Then a old rich white guys who hates that same black dude shows up and before you know it he is POTUS.

Fortunately I think this is the last hoorah of these kind of people.

Yet I cannot lie, I do think that a lot of Trumps base of support comes from oppressed racists, not all of it, I am sure there are a lot of good people who just agree with some of his policies, however I do think that his election was as much of a protest vote about having had a black president as it was about policies.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Get it all out, yeah that's it.

It's a BS story as always.

Obama and Clinton lied to the Benghazi parents.

Lot's of class right there.

edit on 10 18 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
can entire populations suffer from stockholm syndrome?

Yes. It's called a cult of personality. In religious terms it is referred to as sycophancy.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Im kind of disquieted by the ATS I thought I knew whose mantra use to be "Deny Ignorance" and instead embrace confirmation bias, not even as a fluke, but as a majority.

Welcome to the club.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

He couldn't respond, because for two wks he was busy showing support for the troops by calling out ballers who took a knee at games, the tangible and order of importance can be missed.
edit on 18-10-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Remember when Right Wing media flipped their s*** because Obama didn't salute a soldier when he got off Air Force One?

Funny how that was such a big deal but Trump gets a pass on anything that could be construed as disrespect of the military.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

ATS seems to now be 'Embrace Trump, Deny Reality, Ignorance=Strength'

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

I'm pretty sure the NFL players are protesting police brutality not disrespecting fallen hero's.
Tell a few more lies. Why not, the example is coming from the very top.
A shining example our children can look up to.

Not only that, but who told Kaepernick to take a knee??..Nate Boyer , ex Green Beret and 49r as it showed respect to the fallen.
But some folks love their script.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Just a misguided drone like everyone else from your ilk, eh?

That statement tells me more about you crawling around like a scripted dog, than anything else. You see that, right?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

This one always cracked me up...

'I like people who weren't captured'

I have a very strong dislike for John McCain but darn, did Donald expect Johnny to walk away with his broken legs and other injuries after his plane's crash landing?

Jeez man...

lol

ETA:

I used to say put a muzzle on McCain, but now I say put a muzzle on Trump and take his Twitter away.

edit on 18-10-2017 by WhereAmEYE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Apparently there are other families that Trump neglected to call about their fallen military relatives.

At least two Gold Star families never heard from Trump — and a third still waiting for call

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I really get why people are pissed off at this.

Could you imagine that it was your son or husband who had been killed in Iraq for example and Obama or Bush had personally shown their respects by seeing the coffin come off the back of a plane or some other such gesture then Trump makes out that it never happened.

I would feel pretty pissed of at that.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Spider879

Just a misguided drone like everyone else from your ilk, eh?

That statement tells me more about you crawling around like a scripted dog, than anything else. You see that, righ
t?

..lemme guess you one of em Trump sycophantic FAKe!!! NeWz ppl, aren't cha.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join