It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Disrespectful lie’: Anger grows over Trump’s claims about past presidents and fallen troops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Anger sparked by President Trump’s false claims on Monday that Barack Obama and other past presidents did not reach out to families of fallen American troops swelled into the night.

Source

Pretty low-blow, even for Trump. A lot of this was sparked by people claiming parallels between the 4 green berets ambushed in Niger to Benghazi and the president's hesitancy to talk about it:

Trump's response to the death of US special forces in Niger shows how low he's willing to sink

When the flag-draped coffins of the Benghazi victims arrived back on US soil, both Obama and Clinton were there to lead the receiving ceremony and speak to grieving families. When the first of the coffins from Niger landed at Dover Air Force Base on Monday of last week, Trump was at one of his prized golf clubs swinging his irons with Republican Senator Lindsey Graham.

I genuinely don't understand how current and former members of the military can ever support this guy.

Five deferments from Vietnam

'I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier'

Criticizing a gold star family

'I like people who weren't captured'
edit on 17-10-2017 by links234 because: forgot source

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This really irritates me, because of COURSE Obama reached out, I didnt like Obama but thats a flat out lie.

Then you have Bush, who love him or hate him, WAS ALWAYS visiting the Troops either on bases, over seas, at the VA or in hospital in war zones.

This guy lies so much that he cant even stop himself, it just rolls out of his mouth.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

From what I've read this evening, your information on the affair is incomplete.

As i say, if Trump was a black man he wouldn't have this trouble of raw hated sprouting up at the slightest excuse.
Why shouldn't he get the same breaks and slack that Obama received?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm guessing General Kelly was in Trump's ear.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun Um what??? You ill input on this is very disrespectful and stupid. All you did was bash and gave nothing.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: links234

From what I've read this evening, your information on the affair is incomplete.

As i say, if Trump was a black man he wouldn't have this trouble of raw hated sprouting up at the slightest excuse.
Why shouldn't he get the same breaks and slack that Obama received?

Burden of proof is on you to show its incomplete, why are you bringing race into this? You have something you want to tell us? Trying to race bait here?
edit on 17-10-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Are you honestly making the claim that if Trump was a Black Man then everyone would be going easy on him???

I'm asking you to make sure if that's correct because I find it impossible to actually believe that might be the point your trying to make.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Are you honestly making the claim that if Trump was a Black Man then everyone would be going easy on him???

I'm asking you to make sure if that's correct because I find it impossible to actually believe that might be the point your trying to make.

I'd say that would be accurate assessment on a political or MSM level.

Certainly not on ATS...we are so honest here...cough, cough, But to suggest there aren't 'protected minorities' on Corporate, political and media levels is naïve.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
trumps an idiot and that's clear with this whole thing, imo.

a whining idiot at that.

and, those nfl players taking a respectful kneel are disrespecting soldiers. LOL

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
politicalizing this is disgusting.. period.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I agree that in many different places there are extra kinds of support for minorities of all kinds. No argument there.

But that isn't even close to what was said. But still, even as clear as the intent of his statement seems to be, I decided to address it in a way allowing for him to better explain himself just to make sure.

Because on the surface it's a pretty dumb thing to say. But I'm allowing for the chance that they didn't actually mean what it sounds like.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Certainly not on ATS...we are so honest here...cough, cough, But to suggest there aren't 'protected minorities' on Corporate, political and media levels is naïve.

What does this have to do with skin color, we KNOW for a fact Obama contacted families. I dont even like the guy, so please PLEASE tell me how this is applicable to this story other than to deflect and race bait?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You must not have been paying attention the past 8 years where a black man was constantly berated for any small thing he did. In fact, he's still berated. Not that he didn't or doesn't deserve it but your comment here is false as all hell.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Fair enough.

I am a huge supporter of President Trump. I am getting concerned that he is older, used to saying pretty much as he pleases and with the sheer volume of his intended goals that the pressure is getting to him.

I would have preferred him to be more specific in targeting Presidents. There's no question Obama was guilty of Trump's statement, but W. showed more than his share of compassion for servicemen.....even as he ordered them into situations, that in hindsight, shouldn't have occurred.

The silver lining in all this, I hope I'm not whistling in the dark, but it IS proof the guy isn't 'controlled' by the 'machine'.

edit on 17-10-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Are you saying that President Obama was present for the return of EVERY set of remains during his tenure?

Or just that President Trump should be present for the return of EVERY set of remains during his tenure?

I would hardly think using the event in which the parents of the deceased fallen soldiers were lied to about a video causing their son's death is the best example of a caring leader.

In a way I can see you point though. President Trump should have been there for at least five minutes before he boarded a plane to go fund raising, or playing golf, or whatever. Better optics that way.

Oddly enough, I've met four Presidents while I was serving in the military. Only one of those meetings required me to be disarmed. Honestly, only the Bush's seemed happy to be around us (GW especially)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

his whole shtick is to deflect. it's obvious as hell.

wake up.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: nwtrucker

What does this have to do with skin color, we KNOW for a fact Obama contacted families. I dont even like the guy, so please PLEASE tell me how this is applicable to this story other than to deflect and race bait?

I've already posted my response on this. Granted, it went off topic with the comment. Not really far, though, as there's no question Trump is held under a media microscope like no other President in history. Call the previous President as a comparison, Obama received mulligans almost daily. A co-incidence that he was black? The reality lies somewhere in the middle, just my opinion, though.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

his whole shtick is to deflect. it's obvious as hell.

wake up.

Yawn...it'll take a better thread than this to wake me up.....

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yea, like they went so easy on Obama, remember?

How the GOP didn't obstruct? How there weren't massive Tea Party protests starting a month after the inauguration? How they didn't accuse him of going on an apology tour, run story after story about his golfing, travel expenses, etc.

Remember when the right-wingers didn't flip out about his gum chewing?

It's not like they accused him of being a Kenyan-born Chicago thug gay crypto-Muslim black power radical bastard son of an Indonesia cult leader who didn't actually attend college. They didn't didn't accuse him of killing gay lovers or say he was secretly sworn in on a Koran because his plan was to import 100 million Muslims as part of the Muslim Brotherhood plot to destroy America.

And they were totally hands off on the family. Nobody claimed he killed his own grandmother or said his wife was really a man. No conservative pundits ever talked smack about his children and there weren't theories that his real father was either Frank Davis, Malcom X or that Indonesian cult leader.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

But if anyone dares opine that white conservatives freaked out over the election of a black man with a funny sounding name, I bet you'll say race had nothing to do with it — right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join