It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State Expands as Vegas Shooter & Trump Dominate Headlines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I don't even know what the big deal is anymore. I used to think they were going to chip all our ID's when this first came out. But we are compliant here in FL, and the only thing that has changed is that we need Social security and Birth certificate plus a utility bill or credit card statement. No chips, not much extra hassle either. Move to Florida today!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I went to renew my DL yesterday. I had a pile of documentation - current DL, current passport, current utility bill. They would not accept my Medicare card as proof of my SSN, which is ridiculous.

I have no idea where my damn SS card is. Probably buried next to my damn birth certificate. I haven't needed it in years. I last used both in 2000 to get my passport.

I'm an old, white woman with no record of any kind. I guess they think I might be a terrorist.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Why do you hate America FamCore? What do you have against Patriotism Detection Towers?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

I went to renew my DL yesterday. I had a pile of documentation - current DL, current passport, current utility bill. They would not accept my Medicare card as proof of my SSN, which is ridiculous.

I have no idea where my damn SS card is. Probably buried next to my damn birth certificate. I haven't needed it in years. I last used both in 2000 to get my passport.

I'm an old, white woman with no record of any kind. I guess they think I might be a terrorist.

Anyone could be a terrorist

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

That happens when the affected state's didnt comply with the required id upgrades.

Well that's an encouraging way to look at it. So less freedoms = okay to you under these circumstances?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

I was thinking bug-zapper types of devices for unruly protesters

BZZZZZT

Or "Dont Whiz on the Electric Fence"
Ren and Stimpy

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: Lurker1

Anyone could be a terrorist

The only thing I've ever terrorized in my life is a rack of BBQ ribs.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yep.

Papers, please...

All in the name of keeping us safe, of course.

Yeah, i never thought I'd see the day that this would come to pass without people marching armed int he streets.

I have a passport, so it wouldn't matter anyway. But this is feeling awfully Stazi.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

About a year ago, maybe 2, a friend of mine went to get his passport. He was told then by one of the agents, I think Post Office, that soon passports would be required for domestic flights.

I'm not surprised at this bit of news.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

And they only cost, what, like $380? I'm sure every American citizen can cover that expense, no problemo! just put it on the credit card (when most homes are at least $10,000 in credit card debt as is).

The steady decline seems to be accelerating in more ways than one..

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You right about all of this.

NYC since 911 has become a police state city, cameras all over the place. You cant even take a piss without having a camera on you!

NYC use to be a loose place, the cops never bothered you, and all you had to worry about were the taxicabs running you over.

Obviously, 911, Mandalay bay and all the other FF's were and are( among other sinister reasons) to give an excuse to have a virtual police state and were very near the granddaddy of FF’s that will really have our assess in a prison.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Isn't it though?

...and since Washington state, and Tennessee seem to be on opposite sides of this, I may need my birth certificate to get a new drivers licence when the time comes...even though my Washington drivers licence is perfectly valid.

...and since I was born overseas to military, I get to go through the State Dept. for a copy of my Birth Certificate--that's not what it's called, but it's the same thing. Fifty bucks, not to mention the notary fee, for something I shouldn't, in our wildest nightmares, have to do.

This is complete and utter crap. ...how I missed this coming down the pike, though I shouldn't be surprised, I've not quite figured out. My Congress critters have all received nasty-grams from me, and will continue to, as have my soon to be congress critters in Tennessee.

All too many are going to go along with it, though, and raise not a whimper in response to it. It may do me no good, but that's never stopped me before, and it won't now.

It would seem that the terrorists have won, not that this is what the explanation will be... It's to keep us safe. Not from the ones we need keepin' safe from, it would seem.

Papers, please... Will they even bother with the please?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I've calmed down over the years. My youngest son....has a ways to go.

Standard for when we go through border patrol checkpoints, and we are asked "Are you American citizens?" is for him to reply with, "Dunno...are you American?"

Rarely does it cause too much trouble, as they know he's a young punk. But we did get some heartache once from it.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Some a tad bit less likely than others, I think.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So have I, to an extent... My nasty-grams are seldom that nasty. I ask a couple, three questions I feel pertinent, then send it off to be ignored.

About half the time I receive a overly polite form letter essentially telling me that that particular critter really doesn't give a flyin' hashtag, but hopes that this form letter/e-mail will fool me into thinking they actually do.

Which, of course, only serves to irritate me. The staff of my Representative (Cathy McMorris) seems to have figured that out, as they don't even bother responding anymore, which is why I don't vote for her--ever.

Useless on my part, since not enough people are up in arms, even figuratively, much less literally, over this. Sheep to be sheered, then ignored.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The way they did this over the years is through the various wars on…

First, there was the War on Crime. That started the camera and surveillance obsession and of course began the filling of the prisons

Then…

War on Drugs, that’s where we lost our economic freedoms such as they initiated the law that if anyone had over 10 thou in the bank you had to tell the government.

Then of course the WAR ON TERRORISM…Which instilled in our society a super security obsession

Since 911, the ever-increasing FF’s will soon culminate in another huge one, which will probably start another war. Probably with Iran.

That’s one reason Trump was elected

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Its all over now.

In schools on each floor you have a security officer, even in the lower grade schools.

I wonder what's a 6 year old group of kids going to do?

In the High Schools real live armed police officers are present, and every student goes through a metal detector

That, along with the teachers marching the kids around like a Nazi camp definitely has an effect on the children’s psychology

The question is why. Why do they want this?

edit on 18-10-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

lol. Try checking your own link before posting.

He said he lives in Oregon.

Per your own link Oregon does not give out driving privileges to Illegals.

Oregon enacted S833 that provided driver’s licenses for unauthorized immigrants in 2013, but the following year voters approved ballot Measure 88 that suspended the law by 67 to 33 percent.

Map Link

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join