It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State Expands as Vegas Shooter & Trump Dominate Headlines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
While everyone has been caught up with Mandalay Bay, North Korea, Trump-Tabloids, and now Weinstein, new laws are being passed to strip away Americans' rights.. and $100 million "Metal Towers" are being erected for "monitoring purposes" in places like New York without much explanation. I'm sure the 4th branch of the g0vernment, the media has nothing to do with the public's unawareness about these new laws and blatant violations of civil liberties

(there are threads on ATS about this as well)

And now I learn of Passports being required to travel domestically to certain states?? That was fast..

This appears to be over 2 weeks old now, but

New Rule: Residents In Some States May Need Passports For Domestic Flights In 2018 ~ that's Forbes

TSA on the "Real ID Act"

From TSA:

Here's H0meland $3curity on "REAL ID":

www.dhs.gov...

Back to the official TSA website explaining these changes:

Enforcement Dates Beginning January 22, 2018 , driver’s licenses or state IDs issued by states that are not in compliance with the REAL ID Act and have not been granted an extension by DHS may not be used to fly within the U.S.

Many more states are likely to be added to this list by 2020, unless they specifically address this issue to try to build a case for their domestic IDs to be honored by the Federal government...

Beginning October 1, 2020 , every traveler will need a REAL ID-compliant license or state ID or another acceptable form of identification to fly within the U.S.

Forbes article

edit on 17-10-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

On the other hand.....

If those states are issuing their so-called 'valid' IDs to illegals- and that would include potential terrorists, etc., then what choice do the Feds have???

NONE. This might force the morons in California to conform to national standards of valid ID. (Besides, if they secede, they'd need passports to enter the U.S. anyways....
)

edit on 17-10-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Yeah, in my state (Oregon) I'll have to have a passport to travel.

I remember a time when my Starfleet ID card was good enough.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah, in my state (Oregon) I'll have to have a passport to travel.

I remember a time when my Starfleet ID card was good enough.

Then you might consider moving to a state that doesn't issue 'ID's to illegals:

www.ncsl.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It sounds like you won't be affected until the year 2020, unless the Oregon DMX wasn't able to get a waiver extension. I can't find anything on that - did the state not get that "extension"? www.kgw.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Too old to move anymore.

No hablo engise.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I hadn't heard to be honest.

And to be fair, I have a passport so I wasn't too concerned about this.

I figured it would happen sooner or later.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: nwtrucker

Too old to move anymore.

No hablo engise.

LMAO

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

those metal 'tower' things are curious. more creeping surveillance (or something more 'proactive' perhaps?).

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

I was thinking bug-zapper types of devices for unruly protesters

BZZZZZT

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

That happens when the affected state's didnt comply with the required id upgrades.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What better way is there to build a prison then to convince the prisoners to build it themselves!?

I shutter to think about what it would take to get the masses to cry for a microchip to make sure they are safe.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
so i need a new form of id just to fly from state to state but its too much to ask for an id when people cast a vote determining our laws and representatives in govt....

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
so i need a new form of id just to fly from state to state but its too much to ask for an id when people cast a vote determining our laws and representatives in govt....

Yes, too much to ask. Welcome to the decade of the years 2017 through 2027 in all of its glory

Now say "CHEEESE"

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Because the TSA and DHS have stopped SO MANY terrorist attacks , that we need more crap to inhibit our travel.

This trying to to pass new IDs makes me very uneasy. They probably track where you are, or at least where youve been within a few min/hours by something in the ID and these towers.

Police state incoming hard and fast

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Well the final step to establishing the Police State is a false flag that blames North Korea or any other boogie man. That way more freedoms will be erased in the name of "safety."
edit on 10/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

edit on 10/17/2017 by Kali74 because: confused with a different law

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Yep.

Papers, please...

All in the name of keeping us safe, of course.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

What better way is there to build a prison then to convince the prisoners to build it themselves!?

I shutter to think about what it would take to get the masses to cry for a microchip to make sure they are safe.

Exactly and the way that Real ID hasn't had much opposition besides some states saying no, wouldn't doubt RFID would be easy to convince people of without a fight.

After all boarding a plane would be faster, right? Who cares otherwise LOL!

"WELCOME TO YOUR FUTURE! - The Check Point of the FUTURE - TSA - RFID, Body, IRIS Scan all in one?"

Scroll down on the article, the video shows how it works- "Fed up with airport ID checks? Fly through checks with an implant" - see here

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
More tax payers money flushed down the drain
And some sheep try and say this is a free country lol

WW2 soldiers are rolling in their graves

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join