It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd question for all the anti NWO people

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
OK, so how about this: Freemasonary is a dynamic society accepting all morally sound belief systems and provides a medium through which its members can become closer to understanding their Supreme Being.

As for "whatever means", I am glad you said within the confines of morality. However, the Satanist does not conform to the latter clause, causing a contradiction with the foundation of Freemasonary.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
(not you freudling, for Levellersebatwerk, and ilk)
Don't tell me what Satanism is, please.

Don't tell me your opinion of what I know about Satan.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by akilles]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by freudling
OK, so how about this: Freemasonary is a dynamic society accepting all morally sound belief systems and provides a medium through which its members can become closer to understanding their Supreme Being.

I can only give you my personal view of how I see Freemasonry and I honestly believe that it can't be pigeonholed that simply. To tell the truth, I agree with some of the above, but it's a heckuva lot more complex than that. You only have to flick through books like Morals and Dogma to see what a difficult task it is to define it.
There is one thing that should be highlighted in your statement and that is the word can. Not every Freemason practices Freemasonry as a means to interpreting his god. And who is to say that they have the capability eve if they so chose? One could even question whether or not it is possible to have a closer understanding as after all, we are discussing belief here.
I can tell you for a fact, that Freemasonry does not offer a quick fix in the path to understanding God. It's even questionable as to wether Freemasonry provides the medium, wether it merely kickstarts the process or if the whole process is down to the individual!!! I'm afraid that we're back to the realms of individual interpretation yet again.

As for "whatever means", I am glad you said within the confines of morality. However, the Satanist does not conform to the latter clause, causing a contradiction with the foundation of Freemasonary.

Which is why the Satanist is not admitted into Freemasonry. Morality plays a major part within Freemasonry as does Brotherly Love. These words cannot sit next to the selfish outlook of the Satanist. Of course, there is some argument as to what a Satanist actually is (you only have to read the confused akille's words to see this), but generally accepted Satanism is all about looking after yourself and only caring for others if you don't have to sacrifice any of that self care. Freemasonry asks it's members to choose to do otherwise - hence one of it's Grand Principles is Charity.

akilles. I've already pointed out to you that it is impossible for Satan to be a Supreme Being as he is based in Christianity and is secondary to that religion's god. If you worship Satan on the basis of the biblical entity and as a Supreme Being then you'd be better off changing it's name to something else as it certainly isn't Satanism.
As for not dictating anything to you? Hush now, you little hypocrite.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow this thread has gotten sort of side tracked. I would like to thank every one for expressing thier opinions though. if it it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. I beleive I specificaly asked that religeon be left out of the conversation and look what it has come to. Seeing as how this is a thread that I started I feel as though it is my responsability to see that it stays on track. That would apear to be impossible so I am officialy asking that a moderator please close this thread. akillies leveller and freudling can go hijack someone elses for all I care.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Zombieman, have you ever watched the John Carpenter film "They Live"?

You don't have to pay too much attention, honest.

There is a guy in the movie, his character reminds me of yours. When the airwaves are first being hi-jacked by the rebels (who want to tell people the truth at no gain to themselves) all this man does is curse the rebels for interrupting his 'demolition derby', and talks back at the TV telling the guy to 'Stick it up your arse." and "There he goes licking his balls again."

Of course, soon enough the conspiracy the rebels have warned of is revealed to all, but as the Rebel leader remarks "Most of us just SELL OUT right away. Sad isn't it?"

Then of course, when the rebels try to bust into the HQ, who do they run into, none other than the down-talking bum from before, ON THE SIDE of the Bad guys, who have promised him his share of wealth to work for them.

The point is, there are people who would take the viewpoint "You can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em", and the second point being, those people cannot for the life of them understand why others wouldn't want that choice, because they see everyone as a sellout, doing so every day, so it must be OK.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join