It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celtic's Gordon Hayward Possible Season Ending Injury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The NBA started up their regular season today, one game being that of the Celtics v. Cavs

In a stunning and gruesome turn of events, Celtics player Gordon Hayward suffered a serious leg injury shortly into the first quarter.

Boston Celtics star Gordon Hayward suffered what appeared to be a season-ending injury against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Hayward went up for a pass from Kyrie Irving in the first quarter of the game when he landed awkwardly on his left leg.

Advertisement

Cavaliers and Celtics players were disturbed by the injury.

Fans in attendance were silent as the Celtics huddled up as a team as Hayward was tended to by medical staff.

Hayward was carted off the court by medical staff with leg in a cast.

If you come accross any videos of the injury, warning to viewers as it is graphic.

Source:

www.wcvb.com...

edit on 17-10-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

That is really unfortunate. I was really looking forward to see how the new Celtics would mesh this season. Hopefully he comes back the same player. Sucks for Boston fans.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
That was one gross injury.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This is a pic of his injury. Ouchy to say the least.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I was SOO EXCITED for this season dahhhh! This is awful and must be terrible looking down at your leg like that. Hope for a speedy recover, Paul George came back.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ohhh, that kind of made me flash back to when I sprained the heck out of my ankle. No, it didn't look like that obviously, but I still have flashbacks to it and feel sick to my stomach.

I can only imagine what that must have felt like. Hopefully, he went into shock fast and the real pain didn't start until after they hit him with some pain killers.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That was nasty. I still haven't gotten over the Louisville player in the NCAA tourney a few years ago. That's probably the worst I've seen.
edit on 17-10-2017 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

This is a pic of his injury. Ouchy to say the least.

Dang... I guess some point guard with a cross over literally broke his ankle.

I remember my aunt broke her ankle going up some steps in high heels. I'll never forget that image of her with an ankle hanging over unnaturally like that.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I wasn't home this evening. I got a text from my son, "Well, it's just a Bruins year now, Dadio."

new topics

top topics

join