It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump credits himself for Raqqa victory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Those people will never accept our laws. It will be perpetual war. But, it's the younger generation problem now. It's their taxes and peers .

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump seems to be continuing the tradition. You can't kill an ideology with bombs, a lot of people seem to think we can.

He'll never kill the ideology, but he can totally destroy ISIS and ANY power they had to build their caliphate. In doing so, he will save millions of lives. The US will never wash the blood off their hands, but Trump's strategy is the ONLY one that will bring any semblance of a normal society to these war-torn areas, It will take time to rebuild but there is now some hope for so many. I saw one interview from a Syrian gentleman that said it all. He said thank you for the help, but wondered aloud why it took so long. He was spot on.

The likes of Bush, Obama and Blair will have to live with the hundreds of thousands of lives they cost by doing little to nothing to actually engage and defeat the radicals in the ME, after enabling them in the first place.

edit on 17/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Trump seems to be continuing the tradition. You can't kill an ideology with bombs, a lot of people seem to think we can.

No.

You can't kill an ideology with a bomb.

The only thing you can do, is assure those that adhere to a certain ideology that they will be bombed.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Their terrorists were under the guise of their militaries, ISIS is just more overt in their methodology.

The goal of ISIS was to found a theocratic Sunni Islamic state, a caliphate, and to conquer the world. That comes from their mouths and propaganda. They only repeat the same propaganda the pacifists in the west repeat so that they can get members.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Yes, that's what they say, and they recruit those who have been terrorized and psychologically scarred by constant war their entire lives to join their cause. Them and the odd foreigner who was most likely bullied in school or just plain mentally ill.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
HE should: he saved lives by CHANGING the MURDEROUS ROEs Obama put out.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yes, that's what they say, and they recruit those who have been terrorized and psychologically scarred by constant war their entire lives to join their cause. Them and the odd foreigner who was most likely bullied in school or just plain mentally ill.

That's completely made up.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

How so? I could just as easily say what you say is completely made up.

But I know your game Les, you try to get under people's skin by acting ignorant. I know you're not ignorant but nice try.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

How so? I could just as easily say what you say is completely made up.

But I know your game Les, you try to get under people's skin by acting ignorant. I know you're not ignorant but nice try.

I've looked into how ISIS recruits. The information is freely available, and I've never heard anything along the lines of "they recruit those who have been terrorized and psychologically scarred by constant war their entire lives to join their cause."

I know your game, enlightened. You like to make things up.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Link? I'm sure you've got one on the ready for me.

The only reason anyone would join ISIS is if they are mentally ill and/or psychologically scarred, or do normal people just randomly decide to start cutting people's heads off?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Mentally ill people who think that jews and gays are subhuman?

Like Nazi's?

Think we had a little dust-up with them a while back.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Link? I'm sure you've got one on the ready for me.

The only reason anyone would join ISIS is if they are mentally ill and/or psychologically scarred, or do normal people just randomly decide to start cutting people's heads off?

Yes, the information is publicly available. Take a look around if you wish.

The people, many times women and children, are indoctrinated into it:

As we were reporting this story, we heard really horrific stories from people who fled the ISIS areas and residents who still live in them. And one of them was a 14-year-old teenager, who told us about his time in a training camp in Raqqa in Northern Syria.

The boy is a member of Iraq’s Yazidi religious community. He was picked up along with his family and hundreds of others from his faith when ISIS overran parts of Northern Iraq last summer. And he ended up in this training camp in Raqqa and spent the next five months learning how to use weapons, training on explosives.

They changed his faith to Sunni Muslim. He was forced to memorize the Qur’an. And most disturbingly of all, he was — among other kids, he was forced to watch beheading videos. And he told us about how — how the kids were handed swords and guns and asked to chop off the head of the dolls as practice on beheadings.

And he told us, you know, that, at first, he couldn’t do it. And then the Islamic State militants told them how to hold the swords and how to do it right. And they told them, this — these are the heads of the infidels.

So — but that’s what kids are subjected to in Islamic State group training camps across Syria and Iraq.

PBS

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So are you for or against the war on ISIS?

Just curious. . . .

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Ok, fair enough, they force some into their service and I never denied that, but are you saying that some (if not a lot) of their recruits are not previous residents of war torn areas who are looking for revenge on those who destroyed their homes and killed their friends and families?

Do you believe that another country coming in and bombing their homes and killing people they know and love for years on end would not make them want revenge?

You don't think that's a possibility? If so, you're either lying or are ignorant.
edit on 10/17/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Shamrock6

I know, but the OP, as well as Trump himself on the campaign trail, seem to think that it's "fair game" to target the families of terrorists.

Obviously, there is an acceptable level of "collateral damage" in war time, as long as there is at least the pretense that the civilians were NOT the intended target.

To be fair, as far back as 2009 the previous administration had given the green light to target civilians who were "supporting" hostile forces. And made no distinction as to whether that person had to be doing so voluntarily or otherwise. I know you have a big ol boner for Trump, but Obama put the above on paper, and acted on it, years before Trump ever mentioned it in a campaign.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Just another way in which Trump and Obama are so much alike. I'm glad I can see both for what they are, money and power hungry politicians.

That's in no way directed at you, just a general statement.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Trump didn't do anything. The putz.

Credit goes to the SDF.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yea. Silly to take Trump to task for saying something when Obama actually did it years before. A spade is a spade.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: windword

I know, but the OP, as well as Trump himself on the campaign trail, seem to think that it's "fair game" to target the families of terrorists.

Obviously, there is an acceptable level of "collateral damage" in war time, as long as there is at least the pretense that the civilians were NOT the intended target.

To be fair, as far back as 2009 the previous administration had given the green light to target civilians who were "supporting" hostile forces. And made no distinction as to whether that person had to be doing so voluntarily or otherwise. I know you have a big ol boner for Trump, but Obama put the above on paper, and acted on it, years before Trump ever mentioned it in a campaign.

You're giving me too much credit. The OP, now banned, claimed that Trump, I suppose to fulfill his campaign promise to kill terrorists' families, until it was pointed out to him that tactic is actually illegal, was doing just that because Obama didn't.

I'm merely pointing that out. I'm not suggesting that our military ignored/violated the Geneva Conventions on Trump's orders.

edit on 17-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join