It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump credits himself for Raqqa victory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I know, but the OP, as well as Trump himself on the campaign trail, seem to think that it's "fair game" to target the families of terrorists.

Obviously, there is an acceptable level of "collateral damage" in war time, as long as there is at least the pretense that the civilians were NOT the intended target.
edit on 17-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
but did he drone any US citizens? How about underage US citizens? O did. So why not an outcry over that? Sorry, I am more pissed that US citizens were killed than ANYONE still in Syria right now.

Those in Syria have made a choice. War has raged for years.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Does the military know those things about people when they bomb a market square with a few "possible" terrorists in it?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

all while decrying Western forces for ridding the world from a scourge of barbarism

In so doing becoming barbarians themselves?

Good riddance.

To ISIS, of course.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The ones crying for war and bombs are as equally far away and aloof from the actual battle. I'm sure they wouldn't be for war if it were to be fought in their own neighborhood.
edit on 10/17/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's your scenario, you tell me.

For my part, I've never supported Obama's bombing of a wedding party to get at one guy.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I wasn't disagreeing with you in my initial reply, it just brought the thought to my mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Trump said he would defeat ISIS quickly. After hundreds of thousands of deaths and who knows how many civilians included in that under the Bush and Obama administrations, Trump has kept his promise. More civilians have died, but I would wager many less than a continuation of the Obama strategy would have caused. War is horrible and driving ISIS out of Raqqa was a necessary step that could never have resulted in no civilian deaths.

It's sad to see some talking about the deaths caused by this strategy without understanding the many lives lost over the last 15 years at the hands of terrorists allowed to run wild by an incompetent Whitehouse led by Obama and Bush.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I know, I'm just trying to make the point that it's not always cut and dry. Sometimes it is, but it often isn't.

And by the time the information gets filtered down to us peons, we're being told what "they" want us to be told.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The ones crying for war and bombs are as equally far away and aloof from the actual battle. I'm sure they wouldn't be for war if it were to be fought in their own neighborhood.

Rolling over and showing one's belly will not defeat ISIS. In fact, ISIS would love if you did that. What they fear is force.

If someone tried spewing pacifist propaganda around ISIS they'd get beheaded. Pacifist propaganda is only allowed in countries with a fair amount of free speech, you know, the same countries we are now calling war criminals, and deserving of whatever terrorism reacts against it. On those grounds, pacifist propaganda is pro-totalitarian, pro-ISIS.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I don't disagree but it seems many ignore the fact that our constant presence in the region is one of the main factors in why the region was radicalized and why groups such as ISIS started drawing support.

One man's terrorist is another man's hero and vice versa.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Trump has defeated ISIS? I suppose time will tell if that is true.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I don't disagree but it seems many ignore the fact that our constant presence in the region is one of the main factors in why the region was radicalized and why groups such as ISIS started drawing support.

That's not a fact, luckily. Members of ISIS come from all over the world, including the US, Canada, The UK, etc. I imagine the pacifists who kept yelling "war criminal" about their own soldiers and societies had a little something to do with that.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're right - Bush and Obama created an unholy mess and the blowback has been a horror (as Ron Paul predicted).
Trump is dealing with the mess left behind and it can not be cleaned up without more innocent lives lost. The decision to end this quickly must have been a tough one - but it WILL result in less lives lost.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Since we will be there forever for ISIS part 2,3,4...., we might as well call it a colony.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yet it began in the Middle East where we just so happened to have been bombing for years on end, killing thousands of civilians and wreaking terror on those who lived there and whom had no part in 9/11.

But I know you'll continue to deny that we played a part in their formation, whether knowingly or unknowingly.

Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, that's where they began, two countries we were heavily involved in before the formation of ISIS.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Since we will be there forever for ISIS part 2,3,4...., we might as well call it a colony.

The US knows nothing of empire and colonialism, unlike the British. They should take some lessons. Former British colonies that have retained their British tradition are some of the better off in the entire world.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Yet it began in the Middle East where we just so happened to have been bombing for years on end, killing thousands of civilians and wreaking terror on those who lived there and whom had no part in 9/11.

But I know you'll continue to deny that we played a part in their formation, whether knowingly or unknowingly.

The US bombed Germany, Japan, Vietnam for years on end. Where's all their terrorists?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump seems to be continuing the tradition. You can't kill an ideology with bombs, a lot of people seem to think we can.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Their terrorists were under the guise of their militaries, ISIS is just more overt in their methodology.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join