It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Losing Money as President

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
President Trump is the best thing to happen to this country in a really long time. He is rough around the edges, able to rip the back out of the status quo, mean only when he has to be, and has the ability to get things done.

Kind of like Joe Pesci !

(borrowed from a joke George Carlin did, look it up!)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

The scots are bunch of pansy's.

Cool you take a visit to Glasgow and see how well that line goes down.

if I posted "Americans are a bunch of cowards" I would probably have my post removed for a serious t&c violation and everyone would flame me for it.

How about you try learning a little about respect, in Scotland there are real and serious reasons why people don't like him and its nothing to do with being pansy's.

Even your independence referrendum was so that you could try to become moronic communists.

This one post tells me you know precisely nothing about that vote.

Thank goodness my ancestors got out of that dung heap when they did.

Thanks goodness they did because if they didn't I don't think anyone with your kind of attitude would have lasted very long.

Also did you just describe one of the most beautiful countries in the world as a "dung heap"??

What I find so funny about your entire post is that you are only painting yourself as a jerk, I don't even need to try. Regardless of political view points we should always strive to discuss with civility, its such a shame that people like you poison these boards with your stupidity and hate.
edit on 17-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
But the liberal media complex told me he became president so he could advance his business interests.

You don't think that is what he's attempting to do?? Or that isn't exactly what he thought was going to happen??

Just because it's not working out that way doesn't mean that wasn't what he thought would happen. It just means that he clearly thinks way too highly of himself and his manufactured image to make it happen.

His biggest failure is believing in his own Public Relations efforts of selling his image. You can only fake greatness so long while people are looking before you get noticed.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah, a lot of that video is from that Documentary actually. But you're right, it's his hypocritical and arrogant way he approaches those issues which make it worse. Not only does he do these things but then tries to sell himself as some kind of hero for them which pisses people off so much.

It's like having someone sh*t on your birthday cake and get away with it. Which alone is bad enough. But then having them try and convince you to eat that cake with a smile on your face because they want to somehow take credit for something good they've done for you.

It's insult on top of injury.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Yeah, a lot of that video is from that Documentary actually. But you're right, it's his hypocritical and arrogant way he approaches those issues which make it worse. Not only does he do these things but then tries to sell himself as some kind of hero for them which pisses people off so much.

It's like having someone sh*t on your birthday cake and get away with it. Which alone is bad enough. But then having them try and convince you to eat that cake with a smile on your face because they want to somehow take credit for something good they've done for you.

It's insult on top of injury.

Totally right.

Its not even so much what he done, its how he done it and how he treated those people, its even little things like claiming to be "Scotch" (errrr Scottish you mean) or saying about his mother being from Stornaway then he goes and pisses allover our countryside. He didn't need to call that guys farm a pigsty, much like how one of his supporters on this thread didn't need to call all Scottish people "pansy's"

Its the way he treated all of those people and so many more.

I also think that just the way he conducts himself in general is something that is very annoying to not just people from Scotland but really most of Europe where that arrogant and brash personality is not really seen as a good thing.
edit on 17-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I really think Trump has hurt his business by running for president. The majority of people didn't know the man except for his wealth and name. Now that the world has witnessed his narcissistic personality, pathological lying, ignorance, misogyny, name-calling, bigotry and bullying, many will avoid doing business with the man, and many Americans who dislike him will avoid patronizing his businesses.

Most corporations avoid negative publicity to preserve a positive image for their company. Trump has garnered nothing but negative publicity since taking the presidency and has thrown his corporate image and the Trump name under the bus. Trump supporters would never buy Hillary's book or patronize any business related to her. The big difference is, Trump has more dealings with the public and has much more to lose than Clinton.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

See...I knew it...you Scots are always pissed off (sorry my great-grandmother was Scottish and it was a joke about how mean she always was) ...seriously though, so, if he created that Golf Course would he not be helping the local economy? Really just wondering because I would think it would.

It seems they complain about not having what was promised but at the same time not wanting it. Which is it? Just curious as I do not live there.

The enthusiasm Spence, Henderson and others have for the project doesn't appear to match the reality of what's on the ground. According to planning documents, public accounts and his own statements,

Trump promised to invest $1.5 billion in the project. He has spent $100 million. He vowed 6,000 jobs. There are 150. Two golf courses were promised. There's one.

Instead of a 450-room luxury hotel and hundreds of time-share apartments that Trump pledged to build, there is a 16-room boutique hotel and a small clubhouse with a restaurant and shop that sells Trump whisky, leather hip flasks and various golf paraphernalia. Financial accounts show the resort lost over $1 million last year.

Is the above true because of Trump or because he is being blocked?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Just like when he said hes the only president to call the families of dead war fighters, as far as I remember Obama did the same, and even George bush spent much of his time in military hospitals.

Trump is a pathological liar with an ego problem

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Hate Hate Hate Hate .... I see we have all the usual players here. A few are missing but I am sure they will pop in soon to call Trump a turd or say he is such a crummy businessman he is losing money. Right?

You got me. Trump's a turd.

I mean, his presidency is such an enormous joke, it's hard to even discuss without resorting to hyperbole.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
wrong forum
edit on 17-10-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Then try. It is not too hard. It is only being able to speak truths that makes it difficult.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
2nd post

edit on 17-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
I didn’t serve in the military.

I rest my case....

On the other hand, my son just left the military after 11 yrs of service. When he left, he was an instructor who was teaching the most failed class in his field. Although he originally planned on making it his career, he left the service because he didn’t want to be the cannon fodder for the lunatic currently occupying the White House and I’m damn glad he did.

I don't get it...he left because of Trump who has done nothing in tasking our military with any kind of improper actions? Sounds like he wasted a career and retirement listening to dear old dad...Sorry to hear that.... I had to work with 6 different Presidents...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacewar
Trump has no position in any Trump business since January 19.

But he still has ownership. Otherwise he would owe a buttload of gift taxes.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I don't get it...

And......I rest my case.

See how easy that is?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The Presidency is just another good investment for Trump. Before he leaves office he'll probably lose a billion or more of his net worth.

But once he's back at the helm of his empire, he'll earn that back and many billions more on top of it. These days all ex-presidents make most of their real fortunes after they leave office.

Trump will manipulate any connections he made while in office, and over-the-top marketing of his experience as POTUS, among other things, will increase his wealth manyfold.

Don't hate. It's the American way.

-dex

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I also don't take issue if anyone else takes issue with them for legitimate reasons either. I don't consider them to be Hero's of our military either. But I don't recall them faking an injury to avoid the Draft or get out of serving. If they did then I'd be saying the same about them.

I'm not the one here making excuses for anyone. I'm here wondering why so many of you are when it comes to Trump when it really only makes you look foolish for doing so. Because it's not just a single thing. It's compounded by multiple things he's said and done that makes it what it is.

The problem is you are the one suggesting he faked an injury to avoid the draft. He had 4 years of college deferment and 1 year for bone spur in his heal. That is all of it...That is what we know, but you add to it to support your narrative.

This one is a little easier...

Clinton with family influence had his physical delayed 10.5 months after he finished his first 4 years of college deferment. That HUGE delay of his pre-induction physical, Clinton is able to enroll at Oxford Univ where on a few more times got preferential treatment.

Summer 1968 - Political and family influence keeps Clinton out of the draft. Robert Corrado -- the only surviving Hot Springs draft board member from that period -- concluded that Clinton's draft statement (the long delays) was the result of "some form of preferential treatment." According to the Times, "Corrado recalled that the chairman of the three-man draft panel ... once held back Clinton's file with the explanation that 'we've got to give him time to go to Oxford,' where the semester began in the fall of 1968.

You see you are triggered with Trump but others are OK...lol

edit on 17-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I don't get it...

And......I rest my case.

See how easy that is?

And so did your son and his retirement... Life goes on right?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's the bone spur that I'm talking about. College is perfectly fine with me. I don't take issue with that.

I'm not giving anyone else a pass on anything either. I don't know anything about Clinton or Obama doing something comparable so unless I know about it I can't exactly say anything. Doesn't mean it's not there or I'm giving them a pass. I just don't know about it. What you just said about Clinton is the first I've ever heard until right now.

But we all know that the bone spur thing is total BS. Let's not act like it's anything else but BS.

Also, I'm not triggered by any of it. Nothing about this alone is important enough to be triggered or upset by. I'm just trying to explain my position just like I would for any conversation. I'm trying to show you the reason why I say and think what I've said that's all. If you don't want me to explain myself fine. But accuse me of being triggered for simply trying to explain my position on something. That's my only opinion when you challenge me on what I've said. I'd expect you to do the same and I wouldn't accuse you of anything for doing it.
edit on 17-10-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
and if Trump had military experience you would all call him a war hawk...cmon now. Military service would be preferred but if they do not want to play armchair qb and takes advice from those who have the correct intel what is the problem. I always thought the presidents job was to pick the best option that is presented to him not that he sits there all day writing all the laws.

When he won it was he will use his new job to make money. Since that is not true now they can try to put him down because he is losing money. For one, I am glad to see this. I did not want to see that he was worth a billion more or some craziness. Further validation he is just doing this for the American people. Not the world...just us.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join