It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Editorial: Victory over Islamic State is near. Then what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Link

The once-fearsome Islamic State army now staggers through its last days. U.S.-backed Kurdish fighters declared Tuesday that they had recaptured Raqqa, the self-proclaimed capital of the fast-crumbling caliphate. That is a swift and remarkable achievement for an improbable coalition of global friends, enemies and frenemies who looked past other conflicts to focus on crushing the barbarous Islamic State.

Does this portend an interlude of relative calm in the Middle East? Sadly, not likely.

I'll take the mess that follows. At least ISIS is now officially routed. They will still attack but you have to give props to Trump for how fast he did this, with realtively few U.S. Casualties.

Any on the left willing to give Trump some credit?

edit on 17-10-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

You believe the big game is over already?

What about all of those dissatisfied young men that filtered into most of Europe? They'll say, "Oh, well, I get a job and forget my extreme views?

Of course, according to some estimations that is about exactly the desired results of that termoil in the ME.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Trump had nothing to do with the end of ISIS--Thank Russia, the Kurds, the Syrian Army and the Iraqis.

If anything the US is a sinister player

edit on 17-10-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

How about publicly giving support to the democratic leader of a sovereign nation Assad, a country that once had people of all cultures and belief living and trading together has been turned into a crater.

I have stated many times here that I have worked and known countless Syrians and not ever had a bad word to say about Assad.

No doubt the next move will be to "liberate" the people with removing him from power.. I think this little episode is far from over, the end game was Assad out of power..

Then move onto the next country...

RA

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet there will be a new "funded" extremist group... Isn't that how the stories generally play out?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Now the war for Kurdistan is what's comming.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

You believe the big game is over already?

What about all of those dissatisfied young men that filtered into most of Europe? They'll say, "Oh, well, I get a job and forget my extreme views?

Of course, according to some estimations that is about exactly the desired results of that termoil in the ME.

Not at all.... But defeating the actual Caliphate of ISIS and denying them a home base and income generation is a milestone. The battle is won there, the War continues.........

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Trump had nothing to do with the end of ISIS--Thank Russia, the Kurds, the Syrian Army and the Iraqis.

It's a joint effort. The sinister play was calling them JV while Turkey, the Saudis and Qataris willed ISIS into being. Trump is cleaning up the mess left by our Nobel Peace Prize winning former President. Obama let Syria be destroyed on his watch. Spin away.....

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The war will continue in our cities and streets because the sick Wihabist ideological seed has been firmly planted in the minds of crutch dependent inadequate losers who believe they are victims of this world who wish to enter paradise that sadly only exists in their already evil and deluded imaginations and stupid Islamic scriptures!!

One day The world will be faced with having to deal with the corrupted mindset of the world of Islam, you can bet on it!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

How about publicly giving support to the democratic leader of a sovereign nation Assad, a country that once had people of all cultures and belief living and trading together has been turned into a crater.

I have stated many times here that I have worked and known countless Syrians and not ever had a bad word to say about Assad.

No doubt the next move will be to "liberate" the people with removing him from power.. I think this little episode is far from over, the end game was Assad out of power..

Then move onto the next country...

RA

Whose brilliant idea was it to overthrow Assad? I seem to forget.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
The war will continue in our cities and streets because the sick Wihabist ideological seed has been firmly planted in the minds of crutch dependent inadequate losers who believe they are victims of this world who wish to enter paradise that sadly only exists in their already evil and deluded imaginations and stupid Islamic scriptures!!

One day The world will be faced with having to deal with the corrupted mindset of the world of Islam, you can bet on it!!!

Personally I wouldn't be letting any ISIS fighters surrender. Better to just liquidate them now before they slip away and cause untold more deaths.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Let's not forget the latest bombing is Somalia. Pay attention, to more terrorist attacks there in the near future to further promote a mass exodus of more tolerant refugees willing to assimilate into the country willing to give them a better life! /sarcasm

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
I'd be willing to bet there will be a new "funded" extremist group... Isn't that how the stories generally play out?

My bet is on the Saudis funding against Iran and Iran continuing to do likewise. The Shia- Sunni War has barely even gotten started.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Personally I wouldn't be letting any ISIS fighters surrender. Better to just liquidate them now before they slip away and cause untold more deaths.
Half of them have already slipped away and are now sleeping on our streets and we will pay the price for allowing the Caliphate to ever happen in the first place!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Sure he did, he stopped arming the rebels.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Half of them have already slipped away and are now sleeping on our streets and we will pay the price for allowing the Caliphate to ever happen in the first place!

As I've said, if you have the fish in a barrel, slaughter them all at once. Allah can sort them out. ISIS fighters deserve no mercy at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

They will still attack but you have to give props to Trump for how fast he did this, with realtively few U.S. Casualties. Any on the left willing to give Trump some credit?

Huh? I'm not on the left and I don't think Trump had anything to do with it. From a BBC story, (I think) they credit the Iranians, the Kurds, and the SDF (Syrian Democratic Front) with the victory.

My big question is "now what"? I mean, we can't have peace in the Middle East for any length of time. If I were a Defense contractor, I'd be lobbying Congress to arm up the Kurds and the Iraqi's both so they can duke it out while at the same time signaling to the Iranians its their opportunity to take the Shia portion of Iraq, if they support the Kurds against Iraq.

But, who knows.......before long "Rocket Man" may decide to invade Israel or to nuke it.........who knows?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You prove my point. Thanks for playing. Nothing Trump does is every good. Got it. You'd be saying the same thing about Clinton had she won,, right?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Not to mention the fact that ISIS is said to be in firm control of portions of Libya; and they could easily take over Somalia, no one else wants it..........and then.........there's Yemen!

Lots of opportunities for chaos, murder and mayhem!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

My comment is based upon the record. I mean, really, Trump hasn't had the time to have much of any influence over there. If we were as far as this in the Clintoon presidency, my comment would probably be the same unless it could be shown she had done something.........which is extremely doubtful.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join