It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Possibly Suspicious London Suicide.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I put this in The Gray Area because I accept the possibility that there may be no conspiracy in the subject. This attractive young woman who has already achieved a Business degree and had just begun the microbiology training needed to become a brain surgeon seems an unlikely candidate for suicide.

The location is an unusual one particularly as one of her suicide notes apologises to those that would have witnessed her taking her life and her dead body. That attitude could raise the question as to why she chose such a public place to end her life.

It is reported that she was a devout Catholic and her mother has said that she often went to St Paul's when was "feeling sad" which is a thought provoking comment. Another slightly odd thing her mother reportedly said is that she was kind and caring and had no friends.

Perhaps this is nothing more than a terribly sad case of a young person taking her own life, but I thought it sufficiently unusual to be worth bringing to ATS.

www.thesun.co.uk...
edit on 17-10-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I have a fairly hands on role in my job in London and you know what the level of depression that I see in people there I am honestly surprised that more people do not commit suicide.

My money would be on that someone with such a high IQ (as no doubt she had) would have been looking around her each day at the sad state of affairs and simple said enough is enough, in any other city or Town it may well have been a different story.

Or if the information is correct I would bet she was a perfectionist, I know a few figure skaters that skated at national and international level and their brain does not work like the rest of us, they really are at another level of self judgement. If you can find out where she skated I am certain I would know a coach that worked with her if she was at a high level??..

Indeed the location of St Pauls is very public I also find it strange it says she had "no friends?", maybe something happened socially that she could not get over???...

RA

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Those are certainly very valid points. It may be just what it appears to be, but I can't quite dismiss the slight feeling of something being off.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I put this in The Gray Area because I accept the possibility that there may be no conspiracy in the subject.

I concur. Her note said she did it to escape. Maintaining looks, being kind hearted, selflessness and shy, combined with the work becoming a good pianist, figure skater, getting degrees, becoming a brain surgeon?

Too many expectations, too much pressure.

,o2

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Damn she had a twin... they need to watch him. Not only is depression partly genetic, but there's a documentary on twin deaths and it seems like something above and beyond experience of normal loss...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
... seems an unlikely candidate for suicide.

What is a likely candidate for suicide? The road to suicide is not obvious, and it is (frankly) ignorant to think that "only certain types of people" are suicidal.

I know two people who have "done" suicide. One was well very educated and successful and had no history of illness, or of any hint she was suicidal. Sadly she was, and looking back on her life we could see the missed signs. Her attempt was well planned and all her life had been sorted out, including finding homes for her horses without anyone knowing. The other had a history of mental illness (my brother) but is still alive and kicking after at least three failed attempts.

Trying to unpick why someone topped themselves is complicated at the best of times, so best not try with The Sun.
edit on 17/10/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

I have a fairly hands on role in my job in London and you know what the level of depression that I see in people there I am honestly surprised that more people do not commit suicide.

My money would be on that someone with such a high IQ (as no doubt she had) would have been looking around her each day at the sad state of affairs and simple said enough is enough, in any other city or Town it may well have been a different story.

Or if the information is correct I would bet she was a perfectionist, I know a few figure skaters that skated at national and international level and their brain does not work like the rest of us, they really are at another level of self judgement. If you can find out where she skated I am certain I would know a coach that worked with her if she was at a high level??..

Indeed the location of St Pauls is very public I also find it strange it says she had "no friends?", maybe something happened socially that she could not get over???...

RA

It has happened in other towns as well. Edinburgh university had a number of suicide of female students a decade or two ago. A British city is a pretty grim place to move into at this time of year. Away from all the friends and people you knew, living in a street of strangers, getting dark early in the afternoon and the nights getting longer.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"I am doing this for me, to escape."
"I am sorry I care but I need to escape"

Escape from who or what?
learning Brain surgery!
I am sure she could found a nice safe way to die.

she could have hit some one!
or maybe Not died!

and the number of suicides?
good way to kill and totally get away with it.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

the first thing that strikes me is :

the highly un-orthodox path to becoming a brain surgeon

the contradictory reportage is unhelpfull - but its still very convoluted

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Brain and breathtaking beautiful. The idea that she would be a perfectionist makes sense imo. I'm sure having good looks can also be a curse.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The Sun was not the only source I used to research this story, and as I pointed out, by the use of the word "Possibly" in the title I have drawn no firm conclusions in regard to the matter.
edit on 18-10-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Clinical depression is like cancer. I mean it's a terminal illness with prospects of remission and some can survive it.

In her case, I imagine she spent time in the cathedral asking God or Jesus to fix what was wrong in her mind. Unfortunately, neither of these concepts tend to intervene and the pleas and prayers fall on 'deaf ears.'

She would probably still be alive today if she'd contacted The Samaritans and her GP. Whereas God/Jesus have a lot of anecdotal support for 'miracles,' The Samaritans and mental health services have statistics to prove their effectiveness.

We've got ATSers who battle with depressions and go through the ups and downs. Tragically, we've had a handful of members who lost the fight and took their own lives. It's upsetting to think that humanity as a whole has this black taint that exists in millions each and every day. It's an existential scream that echoes in their minds and is hard to perceive even amongst their closest friends and families.

I see every death due to depression as avoidable. They never need to happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I think sadness and depression occurs on many levels. What is heart wrenching to one is a walk in the park to another. And then there are those who never get it, who never fully understand. This is where compassion comes in and without that, what have you?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

You are wiser than many.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Unless you have suffered from depression you have no idea how hard life really is for "us suffers" of depression.

I have suffered from suicidal thoughts for a very long time but i asked for help and got it, maybe if this young lady asked for it she just might still be alive today.

Suicidal thoughts can hit anybody suffering from depression, remember poor Robin Williams, he had everything going for him or so we thought.

Life is very hard for some people for a lot of different reasons.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have been down that dark, dark path twice and with help from medicos and my wife been bought back. But this case reminds me of what my psych said when I asked him why, why me, why couldn't I "pull myself together" (as some complete idiots tell you to do).
His answer "that is part of the problem because you are intelligent (well I think I am) you try to justify your state of mind. You cannot understand why you cannot control your emotions. You are trying to analyse yourself and in doing so you dig yourself deeper into the hole till you think that everything is lost because you cannot see a way out of it".
She probably "painted herself into a corner" and without help THAT is the catalyst to do what everybody thinks is the unthinkable and "escape" is the ONLY answer.
Sorry if you don't agree with me but that's my take on it.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Redback

If by the use of there "you" you're referring to me personally you are as inaccurate as it is possible to be. If that is a general usage of the term you have my complete sympathy and understanding.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

No i wasn't referring to you CR and i am sorry for the confusion, i was talking in general.

Depression is very complex and as Crayzeed says, you can fall down a very dark road sometimes and it is VERY hard to find your way home again.

I am thankful for your sympathy and understanding.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

You have an awesome wife crayzeed, depression is very hard on loved ones. Glad you found your way home.

"pull yourself together" used to drive me deeper into depression, people just don't understand how hurtful that is

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

The no friends part isnt as uncommon as one might think. I own a small dance studio in small town oklahoma. I know almost everyone & have taught hundreds of kids. I have no friends. Its nothing i did. I just dont find anyone the last 10years i like. Most are surface only. (Love that mani color!) Puke. Or they are just so self absorbed. I learned a long time ago i cant be friends with parents who bring their kids to take dance. It ends in disaster. I suffer from autoinnune disease plus deoression which caused me to shut down & now im realizing i have no friends. I have a few old friends from high school but they live out od state & lets face it. Once you leave oklahoma you dont hurry back. So im now with no friends. Its sad really. I can also say anytime you suffer from depression to the point youre suicidal youre not thinking straight. Who knows why she did what she did. Its never an easy exolaination even if they leave a detailed note. (Ive got rheumatoid arthritis so please excuse any typos. Even my spell check misses what im trying to say soemetimes. Hehe)
i?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join