It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's only taken me 15 years but here goes...Hello!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
As the title says, I'm a long time lurker of this site (15 years, possibly record breaking?) and have finally signed up in the hope of continuing question everything, gain more knowledge and of course get stuck into a thread or two along the way! I'll start by saying I prefer to write from the heart rather than academically and have been blessed with the good auld Scottish dry wit and sarcasm, I very rarely mean to offend but sometimes my humour gets lost in translation. Anyway, here's my introduction...

Looking back on my childhood and growing up I can see I was a bit different from kids my age, don't get me wrong I had loads of friends and was part of the 'popular' group but from a young age 'other stuff' was more interesting to me than it was to my friends. I was always reading books given to me by my great aunt about the paranormal, spirituality, UFO's, JFK, serial killers etc. I probably was the only one in the group that couldn't wait to get home and read the newspaper (yes, I know, I know better these days!), I would take a lot in and lie in bed at night crying for the stray animals walking the streets and for the poor babies in far away lands that had no food. Fast forward to an event that chilled me and millions of others to the bone, 9/11. For weeks and months I read MSM articles about it, had no clue who these bogeymen were but somehow just had the feeling something wasn't right and that's when I came across ATS, late 2001 or early 2002 and I honestly don't think a day has passed where I haven't checked this site for real news!

I'm joining at a time where I feel in constant struggle with the world, bit melodramatic maybe and I'm not even sure how to explain it properly but I'll give it my best shot... Having soaked in so much info over the years about how corrupt the world is, the big fish v the small fish, false flags, the monetary system, politics, media etc etc I'm at a loss, at a loss as to why so many people are still asleep, I've given up trying to make loved ones see from another angle with not much luck. Although I have two success stories... My partner, who is now right there with me, questioning everything and seeing the bigger picture and bless her, my 62yr old mum, she doesn't quite get what I try and explain but at least she knows one thing I've explained...Do not believe everything the papers or tv says! She'll quite often ask for my take on the main news which makes me chuffed. Although as I've said about this inner struggle, I also feel there is still hope for the next generation, while some are so engrossed in what Kardashian is currently breeding, I can see there are more and more people out there who are not willing to accept what they've been spoon fed years and asking questions. I only hope I can help my two boys see the bigger picture in time (without scarring them for life!) and have done a good job in bringing awakened souls into this mad world we love in. Well, that was a bit of a babble eh?

At the moment I'm trying to be more spiritual and take my head out of all the crap that's going on but as a beginner I still find it hard totally switch off, I think too much, that is my problem! I want to know everything, also a problem!

Anyway, if you're still reading this, thanks... Looking forward to my quest of knowing EVERYTHING with the help of all the great minds on here!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well to late to back out now........... Welcome.

All too often people are content with their living situation, comfortable that they have a mundane job, average neighbors, and it's a fact most people do not like change. The pacifier.... TV and the media, ie. papers and magazines or radio. The news is a cornucopia of meaningless vomit, often times the only one it serves is those who write it, in the form of paying their mortgage, car, clothes and other 'Keeping up with the Jones' lifestyle. Content means nothing, only quantity, word count. Etc. Etc. I'm preaching to the choir....

Again Welcome and enjoy the adventure.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LunaBlue

Have a flag and an official welcome.

We have quite a bit in common according to your intro, as I'm sure you will with many others here.

See you around ATS.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I've swallowed my own vomit more times than I have mainstream news.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Lol Illuminating....

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Thank God I kept reading, I thought you were gona say you vomited more than once reading my intro haha

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I was always reading books given to me by my great aunt about the paranormal, spirituality, UFO's, JFK, serial killers etc

Same here. Heres to your grandma and your own unquenched spirit in demand of the truth.

Some people are born with that. When I was young someone also handed me a book. My instant reaction was elation.

You mean people have experiences and thoughts and write them down so I can read about it?!

When you get older all this absorbed information sort of gels, becomes a reservoir you can draw from and compare to the 'facts'.

Welcome to the site.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

I lurked for about ten years. Everybody seemed to say everything I wanted to so never really felt like joining. One thing is for sure, I do not read as many threads as I used to! It is waaaaaayyyyyy better over here on this side!

Besides, lurking is bad for your back!

Enjoy your travels here, LunaBlue!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I honestly don't think a day has passed where I haven't checked this site for real news!

Good luck with that idea Luna, but I' m sure that after all these years of ''lurking'' you already know that.

Welcome.

And oh yeah, good luck with that ''knowing everything'' quest too.
See ya around hey?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
well you've been lurking slightly longer than i've been a member, glad you could join us after so long.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yip, thankfully it wasn't the National Enquirer or some other toilet paper she handed me down

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Lurked so much I'm doubled over...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hey... A gal can try though, right?
edit on 17-10-2017 by LunaBlue because: Stupid chunky fingers on keypad

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Now that you are a member, you can have cookies.

yuuuummmmmm!!! and welcome

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Welcome!
You may hold a record for years lurking before joining....it looks like you have been around ATS longer than me!!!

Quite a nice intro, too.

I hope you're around at least another 15 years

edit on Tue Oct 17 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Walking like a stalking butler...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

15 YEARS??? What took you so long! That's a cause for a celebration, welcome!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Welcome Luna...jump right in with that Scottish wit.

I too suffer from Scottish humour. My own brand of indecipherable sarcasm often gets lost in translation.

Good luck with your quest for ' everything ' ...there is a lot of that around here

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Welcome Luna The Lurkette Champion!

So you want to know EVERYTHING eh?
Do you know who knows Everything?

The Internet.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

hello, welcome and

" I feel in constant struggle with the world "