It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI uncovered Russian bribery plot before Obama admin approved nuclear deal with Moscow

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I would not be surprised to start see a wave of "retractions" or "corrections" hidden in micro print somewhere around the obituaries to try and salvage some of the MSM careers.

Both the New York Times and Wall Street Journal print their corrections on page 2. Where do such paragons of online journalism as globalresearch and infowars publish theirs?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Here is an article from the nypost on it that claims the Obama admin his the facts of the investigation from the public.

nypost.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If the russians involved in the deal gave millions to the Clinton foundation that is a smoking gun.

No, it's not a smoking gun in and of itself.

Anyone can give to the foundation. What we have to have is evidence that the money was given for the purpose of pushing this deal and you have to prove Hillary could influence the rest of the committee in order to pass the deal.

What becomes of it remains to be seen but yyour outrright dismissal is rather odd.

I dismiss the unfounded speculation that is being pushed as fact.

Especially when i doubt Russian oligharchs decided to give away 150 million no strings attached,especially at a time the russian economy is hurting. Its possible just a llittle hard to believe.

Russians funnel money out of Russia like crazy.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana
While President Trump is donating his salary of $400,000 to charity, the Clintons rake in $145,000,000 selling favors. Notice how "regressives" always cast blame onto others for the very crimes they have committed?

How do we know Trump is donating his salary to charity? He won't release his tax returns.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Kudos for your attempts at bringing a bit of rationality into this thread (as usual).

I couldn't get past the first of OP's three actual sentences/claims:

originally posted by: Grambler

Well it appears that hillary, holder, obama, et al were well aware of the corruption of Russian officials when they sold them uranium.

The details of the Uranium One deal have been reviewed multiple times here and the lie has been repeatedly put to the "sold uranium to the Russians" claim, and yet, here it is again. It's exhausting and pointless, but thank you for continuing to attempt to restore at least a smidgeon of the factual validity around here.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Russians funnel money out of Russia like crazy.

Much of it gets put into high end real estate, that's why this DOJ will never investigate Russian money laundering.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes you want me to prove intent before you are satisfied an investigation should begin.

No, I want you to be able to backup what you have claimed. You cannot at this time, yet you will not be the least bit honest and admit that you made claims that you cannot prove.

Funny, I don't recall you making these claims when the investigation of trump opened.

I also never claimed Trump was guilty of anything. I speculated, but never said he was absolutely guilty. Which is what you did with the OP.

But go on, explain to me the evidence you saw that trump took money or something and nite,fed to do russians favors. Go on show me evidence of his intent that led you to think that was a nevcessary investigation unlike this conspiracy theory here

I never claimed he did anything of the sort, so I don't have to prove squat.

Also, Trump's case warranted investigation due to confirmed connections between foreign agents and his staff. Not sure why I would have to prove his intent to warrant an investigation and I'm not sure why you would ask me to prove his intent.

I have not made absolute statements. You have. So the burden is on you.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You are a joke.

I have been calling for an investigation the whole thread. I didn't say she was guilty.

All of the info I said is true.

You were the one that said it's all just a wild conspiracy theory and there is no case here to begin with.

Now it looks like an investigation is opening.

You wanted to disparage anyone who raised these questions and act like there was no story here.

You Have outed yourself as the partisan person we all knew.

But you have done that many times over, so no surprise there.

Awesome job on calling out the hypocrites. Did you really expect Leftist liberals to actually jump on board with this? For all there screeching and "holier then thou" attitude, one would have expected some to cross the partisan line. Wishful thinking I suppose.

Course to leftist, no liberal does any wrong doing and while evidence mounts into REAL collusion among the previous administration, the morons are pointing and screeching at Trump.

Took them literally 12 pages to finally jump in and try to insert liberal logic, which was a total fail on their part.

We know better and for that, will be rewarded. I knew better during the elections and was rewarded with who I voted for ☺.

Good things come to good people, the world isn't as dark and bleak lefties paint it as.

Again, stay strong and keep up the excellent rebuttals against the obstructionist.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Kudos for your attempts at bringing a bit of rationality into this thread (as usual).

I couldn't get past the first of OP's three actual sentences/claims:

Well it appears that hillary, holder, obama, et al were well aware of the corruption of Russian officials when they sold them uranium.

The details of the Uranium One deal have been reviewed multiple times here and the lie has been repeatedly put to the "sold uranium to the Russians" claim, and yet, here it is again. It's exhausting and pointless, but thank you for continuing to attempt to restore at least a smidgeon of the factual validity around here.

It's pointless, really. Once someone get's a little confirmation bias, they tend to run with it no matter what.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Show me where I said hillary was guilty.

I said there should be an invesitigation.

I said apparently they knew of criminality when the signed off on the uranium deal.

The only possible thing i said that you could possibly be mentioning is the statement that I said maybe the fact that people were bribing hillary made them look the other way.

First, I said maybe.

Second, although you are correct that we don't have exact proof hillary was bribed, we have proof she was given money by Russians that were indeed extorting and bribing people.

You demand to know evidence and intent before an investigation, and yet with trump you fully supported it without either of this.

You say trumps connections made that investigation necessary.

So trump being connected to people taking money from russians is enough to investigate him, but hillary herself getting money from Russians is not enough.

Please go on. Let everyone see just how partisan you really are.
edit on 18-10-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
UPDATE :

Senate Judiciary opens probe into Obama-era Russian nuclear bribery case

The evidence was first gathered in 2009 and 2010 but Department of Justice officials waited until 2014 to bring any charges. In between that time, President Obama's multi-agency Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) gave approval to Russia's Rosatom to buy a Canadian mining company called Uranium One that controlled 20 percent of America's uranium deposits.

The committee's members at the time included former Attorney General Eric Holder and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, whose husband collected large speech fees and millions in charitable donations from Russia and other entities interested in the outcome of the decision.

Grassley dispatched letters late week to all the federal agencies whose executives served on the CFIUS when the decision was made, demanding to know whether they were aware of the FBI case before they voted.

He also questioned whether the documented corruption that was uncovered posed a national security threat that should have voided approval of the uranium deal.

"It has recently come to the Committee’s attention that employees of Rosatom were involved in a criminal enterprise involving a conspiracy to commit extortion and money laundering during the time of the CFIUS transaction," Grassley wrote in one such letter addressed to Sessions.

"The fact that Rosatom subsidiaries in the United States were under criminal investigation as a result of a U.S. intelligence operation apparently around the time CFIUS approved the Uranium One/Rosatom transaction raises questions about whether that information factored into CFIUS’ decision to approve the transaction," the chairman added.

Grassley has been one of the few congressional leaders to have consistently raised questions about the uranium deal, and in 2015 agencies told his committee they had no national security reasons to reject the Moscow approval.

Watch Live: AG Sessions To Be Grilled By Senate Judiciary On Russian Nuclear Bribery Case

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The oh possible thing i said that you could possibly be mentioning is the statement that I said maybe 5he fact that people were bribing hillary made them look the other way.

Yep. You said "fact".

You demand to know evidence and intent before an investigation, and yet with trump you fully supported it without either of this.

No. I said I want evidence to prove the claims you have made.

You say trumps connections made that investigation necessary. So trump being connected to people taking money from russians is enough to investigate him, but hillary herself getting money from Russians is not enough.

I said Trump staff meeting with foreign agents was enough to spark an investigation.

Do not misrepresent what I said.

Please go on. Let everyone see just how partisan you really are.

It appears you are the one being partisan, trying to make claims and accuse people of doing things you have no proof of, just because you don't like their side.

Please go on. Let everyone see just how hypocritical you really are.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

thehill.com...

Before the Obama administration approved a controversial deal in 2010 giving Moscow control of a large swath of American uranium, the FBI had gathered substantial evidence that Russian nuclear industry officials were engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering designed to grow Vladimir Putin’s atomic energy business inside the United States, according to government documents and interviews.

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill

Maybe the fact that these Russians were apparently bribing hillary with millions of dollars encouraged them to look the other way.

But I guess this is nothing compared to the Russians using Pokemon go to influence the election!

ATS these days
FBI investigate Obama and co = Guilty
FBI investigate Trump = Fake news

You couldn't make it up

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

thehill.com...

Before the Obama administration approved a controversial deal in 2010 giving Moscow control of a large swath of American uranium, the FBI had gathered substantial evidence that Russian nuclear industry officials were engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion and money laundering designed to grow Vladimir Putin’s atomic energy business inside the United States, according to government documents and interviews.

Federal agents used a confidential U.S. witness working inside the Russian nuclear industry to gather extensive financial records, make secret recordings and intercept emails as early as 2009 that showed Moscow had compromised an American uranium trucking firm with bribes and kickbacks in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, FBI and court documents show.

They also obtained an eyewitness account — backed by documents — indicating Russian nuclear officials had routed millions of dollars to the U.S. designed to benefit former President Bill Clinton’s charitable foundation during the time Secretary of State Hillary Clinton served on a government body that provided a favorable decision to Moscow, sources told The Hill

Maybe the fact that these Russians were apparently bribing hillary with millions of dollars encouraged them to look the other way.

But I guess this is nothing compared to the Russians using Pokemon go to influence the election!

ATS these days
FBI investigate Obama and co = Guilty
FBI investigate Trump = Fake news

You couldn't make it up

Yeah, actually you can. Now, lets quick acting like your avatar.
FBI investigates Obama and co = Real paper trail.
FBI investigates Trump = Nothing.
MSM = Slanders, twist and straight up lies, results in retraction.
ATS User Taggart = FAIL.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Nothing will come out of this since both sides are almost as corrupted as Hillary . They don't prosecute each other at that level. Trump promise to prosecute Hilary was quickly put to the side and ignored.

There could be video of Hillary eating a baby and she would walk free.

Its sad but its the pathetic truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Here is a direct link that bypasses the Russian propaganda. Note that even zerohedge trusts the PBS Newshour:

www.ustream.tv...

edit on 18-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Wow, the energy spent in these threads trying to prove that your side and, in effect, that YOU are right. That YOU have ALL the answers. That YOU have the truth, but nobody will listen or is too stupid to comprehend.

No wonder we are so divided anymore.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

PBS newshour is Russian propaganda ?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I am confident enough in my assessment, to state we will be seeing Hillary Clinton scrambling to return this Laundered money from the Russian Government.

She certainly wouldn't want to be seen accepting laundered bribes from the Russian Government, right ? And since the books for the Clinton Foundation are soo pristine, it will be very easy for her to determine the correct amounts from the donors' listing and get those check in the mail.

It'll be any day now...

/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: keys2heaven
Wow, the energy spent in these threads trying to prove that your side and, in effect, that YOU are right. That YOU have ALL the answers. That YOU have the truth, but nobody will listen or is too stupid to comprehend.

No wonder we are so divided anymore.

The truth and exposing corruption isn't important. What is important above anything is proving that its the other guys fault.

Welcome to American politics where it has become a Political worshiping game.

Now pick a side , point, and under no circumstances hold your own party accountable for ANYTHING.

Political Cheerleaders have and continue to ruin this country.

edit on 241031America/ChicagoWed, 18 Oct 2017 10:24:00 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join