It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Left Wing Media Savaged Weinstein

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Willtell
And your an idiot for voting for Trump.

And a morally challenged person who is blind

I find it astonishing, those that defend Trump can't see how it reflects on their character and honor.

Cults of personality, hero worship and their unquestioning obedience is a curious thing; to totally relinquish moral responsibility to their object of adoration.

www.theatlantic.com...

The Irony is rich honestly......

Lambasting people who covered up Harveys, transgressions or refused to stand up and do something.....

And then making excuses for Trumps actions , his unwanted advances on women and otherwise piggish behavior...

This is why for months now I have pretty much stayed away from politics.....there is no common sense anymore it seems from either side.....and as someone squarely in the middle, im tired of being ripped a part by both sides.....

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Hypocrisy is inherent in politics. To claim a moral stance and a partisan side is awful foolish.

How far can each side push before they become the same thing?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

They're already the same thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

No, we get the joke. What you don't get is that for one, that joke isn't appropriate to make in that public setting with that little girl next to you, especially when she's the one who is being recognized at that event.

Two, the joke is about how Trump is so wonderful that he get's to take a shot at all the hottest women when they get to be of age, even if just barely. So on one hand he's implying she'll grow up to be a very attractive woman which can be seen as a compliment. However, even that is set within the frame of bragging about himself and using his privileged position to get laid. Maybe a joke for a room full of adult men who think bragging is great humor, but not many other places.

In fact it becomes less funny when you account for the fact that he has to be pretty damn insecure to still have to brag about himself by making jokes about being an older man dating young women. Because we all know in almost all cases it's only because of the money and not because they're such great guys.

We get the joke. It's just not funny to watch some arrogant rich douche brag about himself. Especially not in the wrong setting at someone elses expense that he's there to honor. That's just in bad taste all around.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Hypocrisy is inherent in politics. To claim a moral stance and a partisan side is awful foolish.

How far can each side push before they become the same thing?

I would posit they are already there, they literally argue about the exact same things , except its the other side of the coin for each and they cant or WONT see it.....

When youre too busy trying to be "right" or to "one up" you lose all sense of truth or perspective....

Its like watching two color blind people fist fight over what color something is, neither of them can really see it....

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

As is the agenda. Make them so hypocritical that they refuse to see it because of their cognitive dissonance, that goes for both sides. Pretty much everything being argued politically on these forums is part of the psyop and people are too proud to recognize they're being played.

Just my opinion of course.
edit on 10/17/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

As is the agenda. Make them so hypocritical that they refuse to see it because of their cognitive dissonance, that goes for both sides. Pretty much everything being argued politically on these forums is part of the psyop and people are too proud to recognize they're being played.

Just my opinion of course.

Nope I agree, "A house divided and all that"...

As a conservative libertarian basically smack in the middle I feel guilty because I know im becoming increasingly more cynical to the point I just want to step back and say "Let them eat each other" maybe then we can actually make some changes and have some dialog that could pull us out of this nosedive to certain destruction..

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The problem is, we can't just stand back and watch them eat each other. The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of Americans are in the moderate middle.

Most of us want to live our lives as we choose, make enough money to live those lives, take care of our families and leave something for the next generation.

All this fringe BS is the purview of about 10% of the population on both sides ... they're just the loudest 20%.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The problem is, we can't just stand back and watch them eat each other. The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of Americans are in the moderate middle.

Most of us want to live our lives as we choose, make enough money to live those lives, take care of our families and leave something for the next generation.

All this fringe BS is the purview of about 10% of the population on both sides ... they're just the loudest 20%.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It's normalizing freakish behavior for when worse stuff comes out

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ModusPonus

The graphic you linked me to, is a results table, derived from an opinion poll.

It is important to understand that an opinion poll is not an appropriate measure of the media landscape, because opinion is more often shaped by the media, and its manipulation of that opinion, than it ever is by the viewers raw, unfettered and unmolested view of the world. Its worth mentioning that the vast majority of people do not have a raw, unfettered and unmolested view of the world, because the kind of mental fortitude which permits a person to retain their individual perspective, and filter out the noise from the media landscape, is RARE.

Therefore, any poll merely reflects what people feel about the media, not what is true about the media. The facts are not the same as opinion, and opinion is worth nothing when placed next to the facts. The facts are that the media empires which claim to be left leaning are not (because they donate to parties which operate corporatist capitulation policy, which applies to both Dems and Reps), and the media empires which have a right bias, have a heavy and blatant right bias. Those are not points for debate, they are facts. The opinions of an inappropriately small sample size of people, asked a series of leading questions designed to produce a particular result, does not alter the reality of the situation, only indicates how utterly incapable most people are, of telling their arse hole from their elbow.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So the leftist media acts just like Alex Jones for the last 10 years at least, and that is no problem?

Methinks the educated do-gooders have no idea in the world, how things actually work.

Too much faith in your fellow lib/progressives is going to cause the worst of times..on levels never seen before, and that is hard to believe cause things have been real bad.

But this level of official media trust...and the cause of hating all that came before...blaming of common citizens for the problems of mankind...cannot go unrewarded.

The rewards will be the destructions you seek...except nothing will turn out as you believe...no more chances after this particular "time".

A most bizarre and unfulfilling game the left is now playing at full tilt.....but those pulling your strings never play games...they just use the latest religion of the time to control it all.

I wish this was not true..i attacked conservatives before it became cool...but now i find myself defending them...for liberalism is full tilt and hell bent on providing the WIN for all that cares for NOTHING good at all.

The betrayal is palpable and so everyone doubles down and hopes it is not true.

Just what do you think is going to happen with this religion that you follow that you also do not BELIEVE is a religion.

Bedlam is on the horizon...thanks for speeding it all up, at least.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Fox News lol...they did not rank anywhere near in influence till people started realizing the rest is all a parrot group.

Fox news is literally never repeated anywhere anytime in any opinion pieces ANYWHERE.

The entirety of North American AND british media usr the same BS and even Fox usually does.

What a joke that you follow and defend outright TOTAL BLATANT 100% bias in all media and education...and believe FOX NEWS is the devil.

Liberalism is all about being the same now...whilst believing they have individuality.

So dam boring..the inventors of it are even getting bored.

Beware that they turn on you in an instant...pretend the logical ones can save you later after you have rejected them all.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I am saying that for the last sixty years, there was a right bias. That there is a small amount of time in which there is a left bias, simply means that a different group of people are having to just suck it up for a change.

And that line about it being just one channel on TV is a LIE, because Fox owns WAAAAAY more channels and affiliates with way more channels, than is obvious on the face of it.

You falsely believe Fox to be on the right, they are actually just there to pretend the right even exists.

It is a comedy show really...one we must watch i guess.

AS LEFT/RIGHT goes..it is all a farce really...just that those who believe they are left right now are actually more fooled than anyone.

This is depressing how far the left has fallen...snd become a zombie droid group.

Zombies that are sad lol...i feel bad for the milennials i have shown what actually there beliefs have lead us too.

Left right...what a freakin waste of time.

You are an intelligent person i see and feel it...time for something else entirely, do you not think?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
IMO, weinstein knew about the story and ok'd it's release. He was willing to take one for the team, knowing that the media would circle the wagons if his methods didn't work.

This notion of yours is absolutely preposterous. I mean, how does something like this get past all the logic filters in your head, all the way to your typing fingers?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I’m pretty sure the Democrats turned on Weinstein because he is a sexual predator. That is a logical enough reason. Do you seriously believe Weinstein would okay the negative press coverage of him? With no evidence to back up your claim?

What kind of garbage are you reading?
I sincerely hope you made this up yourself and aren’t just repeating what you read somewhere. If you read it somewhere, that means there is a propaganda machine out there trying to twist facts. If you made it up yourself, at least you are thinking, but you should know there is no evidence to back up your extraordinary claim.
edit on 19pmThu, 19 Oct 2017 22:47:06 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 19pmThu, 19 Oct 2017 22:47:50 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

The betrayal is palpable and so everyone doubles down and hopes it is not true.

I think everyone feels this way almost, no matter what "side" you are standing with. Everything seems to have taken a very dangerous dive to the extreme. And everyone pulling in a million different directions.

Someone without hope has nothing to lose.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join