It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Left Wing Media Savaged Weinstein

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Because money talks (or in this case doesn't talk). It's an age old story and has nothing to do with personal politics.
edit on 17-10-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

did harvey stop paying his dues? Why is SNL still refusing to joke about him?
edit on 17-10-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Possibly, or maybe someone found out that couldn't be bought. Such people DO exist you know?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You mean like courtney love? in 2005? Yet the media didn't feel the need to report on it then.....

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Unfortunately, I'm sure it took a man who couldn't be bought to spoil the fun for Weinstein and not a woman. And that man likely had a lot more power within the media than Courtney Love does and did.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Isn't there a thread about why libs are silent about Weinstein??.. Maybe after the shock of WTF moment, they went all in, Harvey lost his company he is being publicly shamed and might very well be sued bigly, Trump was rewarded with the presidency by rightwing folks who gave 0 fks.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Goodness, everyone knew about it, it was basically out in the open. An article was written about it for the NYT in 2004 before being spiked by weinstein's connections (including matt damon).

It was joked about on the emmy award winning 30 rock.

So why now is the media going after him for it? What changed?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
What changed?

Trump won.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Oh lord, save me from your holier than though speech. Trump's access hollywood video does not equal harvey weinstein's sexual assault and rape. He literally gave people promotions based on if he could screw them. He didn't talk about how girls let him do what he wanted with them because he's famous.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Bingo.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The same thing that changed to get Cosby outed as a sexual predator. It wasn't a national election though. We have grown less tolerant of casual sexism and more overt sexism over the last decade and a half. This is why you are despicable. Every little bad thing that happens in the country has to be backtracked to a political issue and it HAS to be the left's fault. Answer this, if everyone knew about this then why didn't Fox News report on it either?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

To think that fox isn't part of the elites is to ignore reality. Just because they tow the opposing parties line doesn't mean they're not part of the good old boys network. I would assume it's because it wasn't "news." I wasn't shocked by it when I heard it. Doesn't everyone know that this is hollywood and how it runs? The casting couch has been a thing since the beginning. I even remember hearing about the greeks having a similar thing going on in their thespian community, in history class.

As for bill cosby, did the media know? did they sit on the stories for years? I don't know the answers to those questions because I don't follow these 'scandals' closely.
edit on 17-10-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

But your theory gives me some hope. Maybe they're cleaning up hollywood.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: angeldoll

The allegations against Trump were already litigated in the public square during the campaign with little traction.

Then the left began their successful campaign against conservative media 'abusers'. Tell me it didn't occur to anybody next that by taking down Harvey Weinstein (someone apparently everyone knew was particularly egregious and vulnerable on this topic...and a liberal) could provide them with a second bite at the apple on Trump.

Or, if Cosby and Weinstein can't get away with it then why should Trump? His hands aren't clean. (At least he's stopped taking creepy pictures of himself with Ivanka in his lap.)

I've been looking for a case with a fifteen or seventeen year old girl he settled right before he took office.
I'm tired of looking for it, atm, but will try again later. "Settled", of course, meaning paid off, via Michael Jackson M.O.

Out of curiosity, do you believe most of the allegations against Weinstein are false?
Clinton?
Cosby?
Michael?

Are all those women/boys in Michael's case - fabricating?

If Trump has done any of this, should he be given a pass, because of his position? If he has done these things, do you want to know it? Would it change your supportive views of him?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The point is that they aren't liberals or left wing which tracks back to my point that this transcends personal politics.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Your conspiracy theory is somewhat weak. If the "liberal media" hadn’t jumped on him you’d be howling: see the liberals don’t care. But Trump makes his own mess every day. He was a messy baby and now he’s a messy grown up who hasn’t grown up

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

did harvey stop paying his dues? Why is SNL still refusing to joke about him?

Because no matter how you serve it, rapist jokes are in bad taste.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The election of Trump is a disgrace alone for the” I grab woman at will “scandal that Trump endured and still was elected. What we believe all the woman who accused Clinton, Cosby and Weinstein but not Trump?

A lot has to do with the moral creeps who voted for Trump out of some macho BS.

They sold their own children down the moral river and elected a rapist as president.

edit on 17-10-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Lol, didn't stop them from going after cosby.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oh wow, you're an idiot. Like plain and simple, you're not very intelligent. There's so much wrong with that post it's hard to confront all of it. I'll just boil it down to three points;

First, I'm not looking for trump to be my priest, nor my children's.
Second, Those accusers waited until he won the nomination, then disappeared.
Third, There were major credibility problems with most of the accusers and/or their stories.

Bonus: We survived bill clinton, we'll survive the much more mild (morally speaking) Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join