It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Left Wing Media Savaged Weinstein

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: angeldoll

The allegations against Trump were already litigated in the public square during the campaign with little traction.

Then the left began their successful campaign against conservative media 'abusers'. Tell me it didn't occur to anybody next that by taking down Harvey Weinstein (someone apparently everyone knew was particularly egregious and vulnerable on this topic...and a liberal) could provide them with a second bite at the apple on Trump.

Not really litigated, and there was plenty of traction ... except among the Trump faithful. Trump apologized for his ill-fated admission back in the day; the fact remains, however, the man is a self-confessed molester.

Whoever you're referring to with the ever-more-generic "the left" claim ... the fact is that Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, etc. committed sexual harassment and abuse over many years (just like Weinstein and Trump) and were treated as such by their employer ... not by "the left" ... unless you're now claiming NewsCorp is in on the grand plot you guys are trying to spin up.

It is unsurprising, however, that so many Trump cultists are sniffing the wind for any threats against their glorious leader.

Because, of course, there are plenty of those ... 99% of his own making.
edit on 17-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yet you're commenting on one of those screens.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

FYI, I joined today after 10 years of lurking just to reply to you...There most definitely is a liberal slant at the 3 major US networks. Not to mention NYT etc. I know that this link will probably never get clicked by you but it is proof that the MSM is and has been in the bag for the libs for decades...
Have another cold beer on me friend and take 10 minutes and educate yourself.
breaking.projectveritas.com...

This video shows on tape your London local NYT editor talking about their views....of course only of the record.
Cheers,

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Why didn't these "stars" report him at the time. Yes, odd ones reported him to the studio bosses but why didn't they report him to the police? Now do you want me to really spell the answer out for you?

Let me spell it out for you....

They did report it and were ignored by the studio bosses and Law enforcement....Money and power has it's privileges!!

edit on 17-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: Gryphon66

I mixed then on purpose to show that there hasnt been ANY evidence of ANY crime committed.

ANY evidence that is prosecutable for any crime?

Well, then your plan didn't do much. Neither you nor I nor anyone in the public is privy to the results of ongoing investigations. Further, you know as well as I do that the matter of getting accusations of sexual predation to go anywhere in the legal system in this country is one of slow development if at all ... the system favors the abusers as is clear from the fact that so many predators operate over many years with multiple victims.

So, no evidence, what makes you so sure?

Rumors?

Personal dislike for a person in the media?

Buthurt over lost election?

Bottom line is theres no evidence after 8 months in the public and 2 months behind a gag order.

But what makes you so sure?

You may contemplate on your motivation possibly biased by rumors from people you admire in the media.

Dont be a sheep

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Bottom line is there is plenty of evidence against the Trump campaign (since you had to mix that in) and there's plenty of evidence against Trump personally for his past sexual predation.

Your counsel, while bleating out the typical RW media garbage, is less than convincing.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Some I believe signed confidentiality agreements and were paid off, even though they were raped.

Beggs the question, is it rape if you took money to never talk about it again?

Sad old shrivs busting up young stupid girls.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Bottom line is there is plenty of evidence against the Trump campaign (since you had to mix that in) and there's plenty of evidence against Trump personally for his past sexual predation.

Your counsel, while bleating out the typical RW media garbage, is less than convincing.

Nice! Ok, so wheres the lawsuit for these accusers?

Any of them?

So far this mountain of evidence is still just rumors.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well, there is this.

Trump Given A Subpoena For All Documents Relating To Assault Allegations
edit on 17-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Nice! Ok, so wheres the lawsuit for these accusers?

Any of them?

So far this mountain of evidence is still just rumors.

LOL ... which of your concerns are you babbling about? Trump's sexual predation or the collusion of the Trump Campaign with Russian agents ... or some other fool thing you think is part of all of this?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Guys all I see is no evidence, just rumors and high hopes for detractors, and a subpoena for more info because they still dont have any criminal charges yet.

Next?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ModusPonus

I am not unfamiliar with the piece you linked to, but there are a number of things I have to say on that point first.

A) Fox exists, and has had greater power over the last thirty years, than any of the other networks, in terms of its influence on the minds of human beings in America, than any combination of, or other individual news source. When you also consider that more people are watching Alex Jones, than are reading some of the publications you probably have concerns about, you should understand that no matter what the inaccurate polls and figures might indicate, the right have far more media control than the left ever have, or ever will, particularly the Murdoch press, which as a collective of papers and media companies, cannot and will never be beaten in terms of the number of ears and eyeballs attacked with propaganda by it.

B) Also, I cannot stress this enough, because it is damned important...

NO ONE WHO IS IN CONTROL OF A MAJOR ORGANISATION, CAN POSSIBLY BE LEFT LEANING! You know how I know that? Because in order to be the editor of a major paper, you have to take a salary so huge that you could not possibly deserve it, live in opulence and luxury so astounding as to break the minds of the work hardened and weary folk, who actually work for a living, and get no time with their children, no time to relax, no recreational space, and get paid near enough to nothing, once the rent on their terrible accommodation, their dismal food budget, and their oversized power and heating bills are paid. Lefties do not buy into that paradigm. They do not agree with executive pay for soft handed, workshy cretins from posh schools.

Even rich lefties, do not remain rich, but hand out huge sums of their wealth toward programs that help the poor, the sick and the needy, because they rightly understand that there is no way to EARN that kind of money, only to gain it.

As for media bias, the media over the last fifty to sixty years, has been HEAVILY biased toward the right. Its only changed VERY recently, and NEEDED to, because more of the same would have seen draconian policies inflicted on the people, and blatant monopoly making in the corporate sector, far worse than anything we are seeing today.

Also, in a world where Alex bloody Jones can exist, leave alone have a following which dwarfs many television network news shows, the bias affecting the official media means nothing at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Your seriously believe he OK'd this?

Dude, think about that for a moment. Like, seriously think about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I wanna collude with female russian agents all day long, too! You guys are just being envious again... wanna know what the Russian Troll horns are really good for? Me too!

Also, what's the Left Wing media? The Intercept, RT?

Dfairlite,

Lo & Behold, innit? I see what you did there...

IMO, weinstein knew about the story and ok'd it's release.

...to be eaten alive in the court of public opinion, sure. Full blown nuts but you know that. Right? ... Right?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ModusPonus

A) Fox exists, and has had greater power over the last thirty years, than any of the other networks, in terms of its influence on the minds of human beings in America, than any combination of, or other individual news source.

So your saying, that FoxNews has more influence than all the other full time news outlets, all the major late night talk shows, SNL, Hollywood award shows, ect.?

That is not true at all.

People like alex jones and the alternative right wing sources came to be as a direct result of only having one channel with right wing views, as opposed to, i donno, every other channel on the TV.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That's Trump paranoia. Why so concerned about Donnie? Not everything is about him. What's next? Donnie leaked the Caramilk secret? @@

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I am saying that for the last sixty years, there was a right bias. That there is a small amount of time in which there is a left bias, simply means that a different group of people are having to just suck it up for a change.

And that line about it being just one channel on TV is a LIE, because Fox owns WAAAAAY more channels and affiliates with way more channels, than is obvious on the face of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

People like alex jones and the alternative right wing sources came to be as a direct result of only having one channel with right wing views, as opposed to, i donno, every other channel on the TV.

Alex Jones the voice of the alternative right wing is perfect and exemplifies the agenda and thought processes of the conservatives better than anyone. We are proud to have him as our standard bearer!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

That's Trump paranoia. Why so concerned about Donnie? Not everything is about him. What's next? Donnie leaked the Caramilk secret? @@

I think there is a distinct possibility that Donald Trump has been bitten by clowns so anything is possible eh?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: content.gallup.com...

This graphic is a few 10 years old but shows the opposite of what you say....

TrueBrit

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join