It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Left Wing Media Savaged Weinstein

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Last week when the story broke about weinstein being a perv, I wondered why this was big news. We all know this stuff goes on in hollywood and washington, I mean look at anthony weiner, that was much worse (because he was a public servant and involved with minors) and it faded rather quickly. As we reached the third day of intense coverage savaging weinstein I wondered why? Why was the media, who knew about this for the better part of two decades, suddenly so upset about weinstein?

Then it hit me, they're ginning up outrage to transition the narrative of unhinged sexual predator to Trump. Low and behold, they are transitioning it to trump. If they can't make it stick, expect weinstein to fade from the news and pickup a cushy gig somewhere. IMO, weinstein knew about the story and ok'd it's release. He was willing to take one for the team, knowing that the media would circle the wagons if his methods didn't work.

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Cause hes a #ing predator, he deserves to be in a cage.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

You're a day late with the talking points; this one started filtering in yesterday afternoon.

It's absurd of course, but, then most of the RW media garbage is.

Any evidence for your claim?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It should stick. This behavior is disgusting without politicizing it. That being said, you're right. Bill Clinton using his power to actually have sex with an intern in the oval office? Weiner and minors? Better than Trump raping his wife? If that's a call anyone is comfortable with making in the name of politics, your arguably as bad as they are.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

It should stick. This behavior is disgusting without politicizing it. That being said, you're right. Bill Clinton using his power to actually have sex with an intern in the oval office? Weiner and minors? Better than Trump raping his wife? If that's a call anyone is comfortable with making in the name of politics, your arguably as bad as they are.

Except of course, the claims are not about Trump raping Ivana (which she has subsequently clarified) ... it's the twenty other women who claim he's abused them in various ways.

This was also known well before he was elected.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So, where are those cases now?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Be more specific.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Any involving trump and sexual abuses.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

How about because Weinstein is a pig?

Not everything is about stupid partisan politics, some things are about about stupid predatory men.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Cause hes a #ing predator, he deserves to be in a cage.

What about Bill Cosby, he DRUGGED women before raping them. Seems to me Bill belongs behind bars.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Well, if you don't even know who Trump's accusers are, I guess that you're not overwrought with the OP's rather silly theory.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

How about because Weinstein is a pig?

Not everything is about stupid partisan politics, some things are about about stupid predatory men.

Now now, there are talking points to push.

Let's ignore the most obvious connection between people like Weinstein, Trump, Clinton, Sandusky, Hastert, etc.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

And it was one of many reasons that the people of the rest of the world were looking at the US as if its collective head had turned square, when we found out the scumbag was running.

In response to the OP itself: Dfairlite

First of all, I know you do not care about accuracy, whether your statements are right or wrong, only whether they get swallowed by some unfortunate chump, who will slap you on your back, whether you lie to their face or tell the truth. But, just on the off chance that your conscience assaults you with an unanticipated pang of regret for the gigantic quantity of propagandist nonsense you have been peddling, you might want to get this nugget of truth through your skull, so that you can start to interact with reality in an honest manner at some stage in the future...

The MSM are NOT representative of the left. That goes for the residents of Hollyweird, and the TV news people, the authors, the talking heads... none of those people are representative of the left, because the left is best represented by people who do more hours work than there actually physically are in a week, but have nothing, not people who have everything, and did practically nothing to gain it.

Another thing you will want to get through your head, is that the disgusting sack of dog vomit whose downfall has been making the news lately, is ALSO not representative of the left, in any small regard, no matter what his donations to the Democrat (which is not a left wing organisation in the least, thank you very much), might indicate to the shallow witted. The reason you will however hear genuine leftists (the people in the streets, not the people who own them), bad mouthing this scumbag everywhere you go, is pretty simple actually. You see, leftists are human beings, and human beings dislike the scumbags whose behaviour holds the rest back.

We are an optimistic sort of a people, you see. We want the best for our species, the best for the future, clean air, clean water both in our streams and our seas, energy which costs little both economically and ecologically, and a future in which the sort of egomaniac pervert that has been the talk of the town of late, simply cannot prey on anyone without being immediately found out and punished for being a scumbag.

edit on 17-10-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Well, if you don't even know who Trump's accusers are, I guess that you're not overwrought with the OP's rather silly theory.

Did a thread on it. I remember a lawyer who's mother was a dnc delegate, real classy stuff. Is this a pivot or a deflection? I can't keep up with the lingo.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Be more specific.

You be specific and give us ANY proof that will lead(of is leading) to an actual crime.

10 months and you guys have nothing to show for the big show and whining.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Understood. Trump's election has caused more damage to our national image around the world than Obama, Bush and Clinton all wrapped together.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Be more specific.

You be specific and give us ANY proof that will lead(of is leading) to an actual crime.

10 months and you guys have nothing to show for the big show and whining.

LOL ... you're mixing your talking points.

Concentrate ... this is about the Weinstein matter really being about Trump.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Did a thread on it. I remember a lawyer who's mother was a dnc delegate, real classy stuff. Is this a pivot or a deflection? I can't keep up with the lingo.

Sorry, I don't tend to read every thread. So if you're aware of Trump's many accusers, why are you begging me for info on them?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I didn't ask for accusers, I asked about cases. Big difference.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Didn't some of those complaints go to "settlement"? (Meaning he paid them off. He's got lots of 'hush money', doesn't he?)

He makes the statement "I walk up to women and just grab (their genitalia)." Then several women report that he "grabbed my genitalia). And people don't believe he did.

He's a dirty old man NYC playboy. But completely innocent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join