It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea backs Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Russia wants Iranian oil, or at the very least they want to ability to use Iranian resources to get a better oil position. The US and Russia (and China for that matter) are competing for the same oil. Russia wanted Iraqi oil too, but the US invasion sent that prospect packing. It wont be long before Russia starts to panic over losing its mid eastern ties/influence at the hands of the West. Tensions will rise, sides will be taken, and things will escalate from there.

Really now? Well according to offshore-environment.com,

"The high potential of oil and gas fields of the Russian shelves and thus the security of the hydrocarbon supply in Russia in the foreseeable future are beyond any doubt."

Russia is one of the world's most oil rich nations with reserves in the South West and in Siberia. It has little motivation to defend its Middle Eastern influence militarily. Try thinking before you type.

And I said that it seems to me that you are looking for new enemies, and that you think war is cool, because of your initial response in this thread. You jumped at the opportunity to fabricate two sides in your fantasy world war and even seemed excited at the prospect. Enthusiasm for war is the basest, most moronic fault of humanity. Nothing good can come of it.

Edit: Picking out typing mistakes won't win you a debate.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
China wants/needs money. US has it, Russia doesnt. Also: The Chinese population in the USA is HUUUGE. That must be taken into account, after all: how would Chinese spies get access to the latest greatest stuff if we wouldnt let them in the country?

This is a racist comment. First, the Chinese-American population in the U.S. as of 2004 is around 2.5 million of out a total of 293 million. This does not include None-citizens such as visiting students, workers, illegal, etc. SO, this will tell you that the Chinese population in the U.S. is not huge. Second, I'm sure there are spies here, as there are Chinese-American spies in China. Also, the Chinese education system is harder than U.S., and they are producing more people of scientific, engineering, physics, medical, chemical profession than any country. I’m also digging up my sociology books, and yes you made a racist comment. The Chinese do not have the latest stuff, if they did, they would be the richest country.
On your other comment, you think we, the U.S. have tons of money. This is not true.
We are a Credit society. After all, how do you think we are able to spend more “money” while adding 1.7 billion dollars debit every day?
What is different about government spending and us, is that government have people paying off the interest so they can keep getting credits, can you guess who is paying?
Now, if we the little ants spend like the government, which some of us do, we would have to go to the bankruptcy court, don’t we. Now you know, what other impact can you think of? Lots of countries are buying U.S. treasury bonds to keep our economy from crashing, China is the second biggest purchaser. Wow you did not know about that? What you don't know don't hurt.. Some times I wish I do not know anything, it is not pretty.

Hey, most Chinese people would rather become U.S. Citizens, and that is a fact. We have a lot more freedom than they.

SO, yeah now we have Iraq, Iran and NK to deal with.. did we not see this coming?

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Inhotep]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
He's just a little boy who likes to play war. Don't take what he says seriously.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
China is undertaking a finacial war with the US. They desparately need a greater slice of oil supply to fulfil the growing demand. With the US being the highest consumer there is not enough in production to go around.

The Government of China is holding U.S. currency and Treasury notes in a $1.9 trillion Treasury bond trap. China refuses to float their currency and it is currently pegged to the US dollar. With China in a trade surplus, that puts them in a powerful position. When China decide to dump the US T Notes, the dollar will fall and Gold value will skyrocket. There is rumors that China will be on the Gold standard for their currency by 2007.

news.goldseek.com...

[edit on 13-2-2005 by SpiritualOne]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
When two different small backs are against the wall at the same time,it's better to join forces and kick the living hell out of the big bully.

I guess anything can happen in the near future.I won't be surprise if some kind of pact were to be sign by both N.Korea and Iran.In WW2,Germany and USSR signed the Soviet-Nazi Non-Aggressive Pact and history might repeat itself.You never know!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Umm, Fitzpatrick,
America is not the only ones 'dictating' who should or shouldn't. EU come into that equation of 'dictating'? Does Japan, South Korea, China, Russia?

seekerof

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Seekerof]

Indeed seekeroff, i was just saying america because thy seem to have the strongest voice in this matter , but your quite right the others do indeed.
What is the united nations law on this issue.

But i dont think indivual nations whoever they are should dicate policy onto others.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
From One Nuclear brother to another....

N.Korea must think they are FTD? A dozen roses of "solidarity" Express delivered?

Hmm, lets see:
*Both are apart of the Axis of Evil.
*Both claim that the US is "aggressively" provoking them.
*One claims to have nukes, while the other says their nuclear intentions are "peaceful" and yet reports from inside and outside Iran suggest otherwise.
*Both are sabre rattling, loudly.
*Both have internal problems.
*The mullahs fear student and other uprisings.
*Kim is worried about a military coup.
*Both have basically told the IAEA to get screwed.

And yet, one now professes solidarity for and to the other, despite their inherent differences of ideology? Who said that Saddam and OBL couldn't work together against a common foe becuase of their inherent ideological differences?!

Another prime case.

seekerof

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Seekerof]

Seeker, might I query you regarding the bolded statement?

Which reports 'from the inside' suggest a direct link between Iran's nuclear power program and creating WMD as a bi-product of it?

This is not intended as a condescending statement, but rather a request for knowledge I am not yet aware of.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join