It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My lucid dream - met a demon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Just woke up from a lucid dream.

Background - I dream a fair amount and occasionally have lucid dreams where I can control my actions and these are usually dreams where I choose to fly.

But I've never experienced what just happened. So my regular dream goes lucid and there's a shadow on top of me. I first feel pleasure then quickly know something's wrong and the shadow turns around and it's a demon/succubus growling at me. In my mind I sort of freak out because how real it is and nothing like a normal dream. I move my head towards it for a better look and the thing is growling and I think oh # I'm gonna die.

The kicker is the demons growl which I can actually hear. I wake up and the growl is still echoing in my ears. Normally on a dream all the sound is mental and you don't actually hear anything physically in the ear. This was different. The visuals were real and I was in my room in the dream so as I woke up the demon disappeared but the room stayed the same and the damn growl was still fading away in my ear. Seems whatever astral plane I was in some demon decided to say hello.

Any thoughts are appreciated on what happened.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I had a strange dream once, very realistic, I sat in bed talking with my long deceased great aunt. Must of been the double mushroom pizza I had for dinner.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's called your brain creating a fantasy...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LibraJustice

I too met and physical fought a lizard skin, green scaled, lizard man (in a Lucid Dream)

this entity and I fought for perhaps 1/2 hour in a Kung-Fu fashion, we were evenly matched... so I employed the tactic of screaming as loud and as high pitched as I could.... the result was that the Lizard Man's eyes got glazed over because of the cracks that the high pitch sound made to the entities eyes.... the fighting till exhaustion ended as the Lizard man was rendered suddenly blind and unable to attack me.....

years later, after I had a brain hemorrhage, I realized the Lizard man represented my Limbic brain stem, the white domed arena where we fought was actually my skull... the sonic intervention that blinded my enemy/nemesis is still unexplained as I now carry two titanium clamps inside my skull for closing up the ruptured blood vessels in the brain

I guess sometimes we reach wrong conclusions to dreamscapes, but later find out we should have looked for deeper meaning to the symbolism and the answer was there all along

edit on th31150824895217022017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

A dream happened.

Waking up to that sitting on your chest would have been scarier...

As was, you woke up,

still in your bed,

with the dream echoing in your head.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

~after thoughts~

the demon/intruder is secondary to the 'growl' which had reverberated in your inner-ear that is of Primary Importance... as you pointed out:

The kicker is the demons growl which I can actually hear. [...] I wake up and the growl is... still fading away in my ear.

that's all i got, anything more might be a dis-service to your discovery process

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Do you suffer from minor epilepsy ?

Sometimes with the brain suffering a minor overloads its possible to hear the spirits talking.

The brain opens up to other wavelengths like radio waves. Some senses increase like hearing, taste.

If the overload is high enough whilst maintaining control, its possible to get into an argument with a ethereal giant speaking Latin.

This is possible because I have done it. Seeing a succubus would be quite easy. Next time, just stamp 'Old Hag' on her forehead. Then let her scream like a banshee.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Just wondering, if this a new presence in the dream state. Don’t have time to write a book here, but my demon goes way back into the 40’s, a balding guy, not scary to look at but exuding hate a fear. I killed it repeatedly as a kid, bodies laying about and he just resurrected and was killed again. Throughout life he would come into my astral world and I would ascend to a higher level he had difficulty in reaching, this went into the waking state as well.

Then when I was in my late 40’s, he in the dream astral tried killing me finally. I took power from a light source and he failed, but the onslaught was enormous. In the end he came out of his level into mine where I took him into one hand and repeatedly burned the astral flesh from him only to see it re-grow. In the end realizing he could not kill me nor me kill him. So I stepped into a violet level, the inside out of this universe and threw him into a pit I manifested. I knew his purpose of being here then was to keep me from joining my present wife, yet he failed. At the same time there was an opposing force it seemed manipulating this joining. Kind of like a fairy tale said with a smile.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

No epilepsy at all. I dream a fair amount and this is unlike anything experienced before. It seemed completely real and not dreamlike. Plus the actual growling heard in the ear rather than mentally was a first too.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sailormon
Yes a brand new presence never saw anything like it before. Was sort of alien/demon. Closest I can think of was the alien in the movie Signs. (Which I saw last approx 2+ years so not recently).

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I experienced something similar once.

As I recall, it wasn't exactly a lucid dream. Perhaps in this dream, I was just an observer and not a participant.

However, at some point in the dream, one of the characters with a demon-like appearance was startled by my passive observation and looked directly in my face, as if it knew that I was there. I woke up immediately, but the feeling I had upon awakening was that the encounter was not part of the dream state. It felt much more real than I had ever experienced from a dream, including standard nightmares, before or since.

As usual I brushed it off as being a normal part of dreaming. But the experience was significant enough that it left me with a vivid personal memory of the event. And part of me believes there was a paranormal element to this dream.

With respect to trying to understand the symbolism and meaning of dreams, a trusted psychologist of mine told me to look at the dream from the position of one of the other characters or objects in the dream. The sub-conscious manifests its message in the dream state not from the perspective of the dreamer, but from the perspective of the other parts of the dream.

-dex

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I never have scary dreams that much anymore..... i don't know why. But i am getting really good at interacting with my dreams.

However for your dream, what exactly made it a succubus? As for the growl. Try not to get scared in your dream and instead see everything else through in your dream. Be confrontative and questionable the next time a growl is directed toward you. Engage in conversation with everything and see where it takes you.

I started having conversations with everyone i meet in my dreams and it is hella fun listening to the answers that they give.

So try that next time. Talk to the demon. And try to get him or it to say so ething back.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Did he look like this?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LibraJustice
Just woke up from a lucid dream.

Background - I dream a fair amount and occasionally have lucid dreams where I can control my actions and these are usually dreams where I choose to fly.

But I've never experienced what just happened. So my regular dream goes lucid and there's a shadow on top of me. I first feel pleasure then quickly know something's wrong and the shadow turns around and it's a demon/succubus growling at me. In my mind I sort of freak out because how real it is and nothing like a normal dream. I move my head towards it for a better look and the thing is growling and I think oh # I'm gonna die.

The kicker is the demons growl which I can actually hear. I wake up and the growl is still echoing in my ears. Normally on a dream all the sound is mental and you don't actually hear anything physically in the ear. This was different. The visuals were real and I was in my room in the dream so as I woke up the demon disappeared but the room stayed the same and the damn growl was still fading away in my ear. Seems whatever astral plane I was in some demon decided to say hello.

I myself tend to have these lucid dreams. Always a shadow or dark type shape.
I listen to white noise as I sleep and have a fan at the base of my bed and as I start to drift off the fans blades slow down.
An ominous presence is always standing over me...almost snarling.
Most times I will actually get out of bed and run into the hall. It usually takes me a minute to get my bearings...my partner laughs as he will just hear my footsteps run from the bedroom...the hall light switch on, then me sighing and heading back to bed.
When I was younger my posters used to come alive as I was falling to sleep.
I have the wildest recurring dreams...tornados, ice bergs and house ghosts. Saying that...wouldnt change it for the world!

edit on 30-10-2017 by indigothoughts because: first time posting!

edit on 30-10-2017 by indigothoughts because: missed out a couple words

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I had a bad dream one night where I was being pulled up against the roof by a very black shadow creature. I must have been whimpering or something, because the next thing was my big white fluffy dog pawing at my chest to wake me.

So glad it wasn't my big black dog, in the dark, she would have shown nothing but red eyes glowing in the bit of moonlight 😳

top topics

join