It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Perfect Circle - The Doomed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well I was super stoked to see this I'm thinking it just release around midnight....

All new A Perfect Circle song.
Put some headphones on and soak it up.

As a long time fan, to me it's a cool musical progression , and lyrically makes sense as a progression as well.

I'm stoked, will be seeing them in Detroit soon.

Here's the Spotify open.spotify.com...

I'm sure it can be found elsewhere. Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Cheers!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
For those who don't have Spotify:

Enjoy your concert, I wish I could be there! Mr Keenan is a joy to behold in all his bands.
edit on 17/10/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans Holy f-ing good god. This was amazing to listen to. Thank you soooo much for the that. I can sleep well tonight!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

Thanks! This is my favorite band! S&F

edit on 10/17/2017 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I was real big into APC back in the day, but...... I think, the same old 'out of touch' bug has bitten maynard, I'm sorry, but this sucks, as in this song sucks. You can hear whiffs of the old spirit, but it's drowned out and lost in everything around it trying way to hard.

I wish these old rockers would just know when to shut up and hang it up, go back to holding your pinky out and sippin your caduceus maynard.
edit on 17-10-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I suppose that's fair.

I would prefer this over sounding exactly like they did 13 years ago, though.

If there's no change or progression you might as well stop making music.

Having seen this band last May I feel they are still pretty fresh sounding and Bring a legit live experience, and I'm glad they won't be playing 12 year old songs the whole time now, even if they are better.

a reply to: rexsblues

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Whenever I hear APC or Pucifer for that matter...I just feel like I'm listening to Tool...castrated...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
There is something about modeling on guitars (as in amp and cab sounds are now a software patch) that takes the life out music in general. You know, that Line 6 Pod sound. APC used to have a "sound" this sounds like everybody just e-mailed their parts to some guy with pro-tools to put it all together.

Don't get me wrong. I bet this rocks live. And I would go watch. But compare this with "If you want blood" by AC/DC and there is a vast difference on sound. And which one is a band.

Thanks for the update! I'm glad A Perfect Circle is still making music. But also thanks for not making me think this is a "must buy" either.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I totally completely agree with the "Line 6 sound" , great way to describe it.

Production left a little something to be desired. Feels like the newer rock sound... smashed and condensed, obnoxious high end.

I'm hoping album context will help this song make more sense.

a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
ooooh, I loved this! Thank you for sharing and enjoy the show!

top topics

join