It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a380 news

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
does anyone have any news or pictures of the a380???

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Why don't you try an internet search? Type in the word a380 and see how many responses you get. There are enough to keep you going for quite some time. If you're really that fascinated, you could also email the publicity department at Airbus and ask for a brochure and a video.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
ok thank you alot

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Heres a few for you:

www.airliners.net...
www.airliners.net...

HTH

Richard

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My god! How gorgeous is that baby!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos

Its definately beautiful - AND I HAVE A TICKET FOR THE FIRST PASSENGER FLIGHT! (Airbus ran a competition a while back, got an email today saying I had won a ticket! Its only a 60 minute flight out over the Bay of Biscay from Paris)

kix

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
you lucky......... I hope you post a ton of pictures

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
holy smoke
i want a ticket! lol

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Richard, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I don't understand ,how can someone consider todays pasenger and cargoplanes beautifull. They are all ugly, just a thick tube with wings.
Only Concorde and maybe Sonic cruiser concept looked decent.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow

I don't understand ,how can someone consider todays pasenger and cargoplanes beautifull. They are all ugly, just a thick tube with wings.
Only Concorde and maybe Sonic cruiser concept looked decent.

well they do look better than yesterdays old 707s and dc-8

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Well I don't understand those people who think the Raptor is beautiful, Fabulous it may be but it is also pig ugly. Its all in the eye of the beholder and to me that vast white double deck airframe with those huge and curvacious wings is beautiful.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
777s are beautiful to me , the curved wings and the .......

well this

www.x-plane.com...

www.x-plane.com...

Edit: direct linked the oversized photos/images

[edit on 18-6-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I remember when the 777 came out I was so shocked at seeing a 747-200 replacement that was a twinjet! The sheer size of it and only two engines, remarkable.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I remember when the 777 came out I was so shocked at seeing a 747-200 replacement that was a twinjet! The sheer size of it and only two engines, remarkable.

For an airline that was the best part.. fewer engines means less maintenance..

For the 'hobbiests', I'm with you... those engines are freakin' huge (I love the engines for that thing.. all that power too... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
)

Osiris

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
hehe...
the engines on the 300ER prodiced 127 000 punds of thrust in a test

[edit on 12-2-2005 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Commerical airplanes have a bueaty all to thier own. I love the pictures with the 777 in flight and the amount of flex in the wings is really apparent as the tips curve upward.!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The Airbus looks a bit chubby with its doubledecker waistline, but if they bring out the stretched versions that can carry a few hundred extra passengers, it will have much better proportions...

Also I really hope some crazy engineer has the guts to come up with a big fat Boeing or Airbus featuring forward wings. After all forward things supposed to have more lift wich should translate in better economy.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
The Airbus looks a bit chubby with its doubledecker waistline, but if they bring out the stretched versions that can carry a few hundred extra passengers, it will have much better proportions...

Also I really hope some crazy engineer has the guts to come up with a big fat Boeing or Airbus featuring forward wings.

There is a stretched A380-900 version planned, it will carry an extra 100 or so passengers, and is planned for inservice 2 years after the A380-800. There is also a shortened -700 version as well, so expect it to look uber chubby

If you meant forward swept wings, you do realise that theres almost no reason for a commercial airliner to have them? They do very little of efficiency, but they work wonders for manoeuverability - not something you are really aiming for when carrying 600 passengers

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Is anyone going to witness the test flight of the a380 in toulouse?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join