It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pipe Bomb At Civil War Reenactment In Virginia: FBI Investigates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It appears after receiving death threats that the crazies decided to leave the civil war reenactment participants a little present.... a pipe bomb / nail bomb! Luckily the device failed to detonate or we would have national reporting on the story.

www.whsv.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

They trying to kill the Yankee 'troops' as well?

They do realize that the Confederates lose that war, so the enactments should be if anything held up in the highest esteem, if anything??

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They trying to kill the Yankee 'troops' as well?

They do realize that the Confederates lose that war, so the enactments should be if anything held up in the highest esteem, if anything??

From what the guys in the video said, it was left in the "spectator" area.

Here is a better news story:

www.wusa9.com...
edit on 16-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

This reminds me what happened to the OG jihadi groups across the Islamic World, I guess back in the 90's was where this particular trend peaked... At first they were targeting their evil governments / foreign 'influenceers'. But gradually their initially popular causes in each locale started to fizzle. All while they kept internally radicalizing. So on the one hand trends of 'they eat their own' emerged with the groups declare their versions of 'whatever' to be 'The Correct One' kind of thing, so they started blowing each other up and bystanders suffered. And then the other parallel trend was they developed resentment with the commoners for not radicalizing and picking up guns to help slay their "oppressors" (a lot of time merely being secular was enough to warrant assassination coup etc). So they started deliberately blowing up the civilian commoners too.

It's best told in Adam Curtis' top shelf documentary, "The Power of Nightmares".

edit on 16-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I happen to personally know people that were there. And frankly, this attempt to rewrite history is now officially a danger to everyone's life. Anyone willing to do that to other humans needs a severe intellectual readjustment, with great prejudice.

How many here have repeatedly stated that "it's just a statue".

Well, as many here have repeatedly stated in response, "that is how this all starts".

Now, see how this had escalated into actual acts of death and destruction? All we can do is thank the Grand Architect that those that made this device were so incompetent that it failed to explode.

But what about the next one? Hmmmm??

After all, "it's just a frakking dud".

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Perhaps a case of naive, manipulated pawns being induced into the pans of the true "string-pullers". Tricking the common man into becoming an agent provocateur, furthering the divide.

I'm surprised I hadn't heard this on the news at all since it happened a full day ago by now

edit on 16-10-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

but it IS just a statue... if people on both sides would see it as such, there would be one less dead person in charlottesville, there would be less injured people nursing their wounds, and, there would be less people sitting jail cells.
but nope, both sides have to make the statue something much more than it is, exalt it to the point where they are willing to harm others for it's sake...

it's just a danged statue, removing it ain't gonna wipe out the sins our relatives perpetrated on others or erase the scars that still exist, and keeping it there ain't gonna return us back to a golden age that probably never existed!

all this squabbling over it is gonna accomplish is to prove that we can no longer be trusted with the freedom our ancestors bestowed upon us and lead us into martial law!

edit on 16-10-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Probably another BS story or naive, manipulated pawns being induced into the pans of the true "string-pullers". Tricking the common man into becoming an agent provocateur, furthering the divide

I guarantee it is not a BS story in this case. I think the latter is more likely in this case. But what about next time? Perhaps it won't be a "common man/woman" and be someone that actually has knowledge to not #$#$@ it all up. Then someone you love might be the victim.

Will you care then?

edit on 10/16/2017 by Krakatoa because: added missing quote

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Great to see tolerance, truth and "diversity " hard st work

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You don't use a nail bomb to blow up structures ....nail bombs are to kill and maim...

There is no excuse

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

what?? kind of like how my son could have easily gotten caught up in the mess in charlottesville that day if he had been called to do a job there, like he often is???
you seem to be accusing the left of wanting to rewrite history, but have you even noticed how much history the right is trying to rewrite? heck even the statues served to cloud history some, most of them weren't eracted till some time after the civil war and if the truth be told I don't believe Robert E. Lee would have approve of them...

"As regards the erection of such a monument as is contemplated, my conviction is, that however grateful it would be to the feelings of the South, the attempt ... would have the effect of ... continuing, if not adding to, the difficulties under which the Southern people labour."

Gen. Robert E. Lee

as for who ever place the pipe bomb, I hope they are caught, but ya know what, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a stupid kid..
or..
someone on the right wanting a reason so that they can play the victim.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

sorry, but I don't believe there was anything in that post that was giving any excuse for planting any bombs!!!
what I got from the post I was responding to was that those of us who have been saying that they are just statues are to blame for a bomb being there...
and I was one of the ones who's been saying that, so I explained again why I am saying it.
when it comes to the statues, both sides are being over dramatic whiners allowing stupid statues to influence their actions to the point of violence and if that violence gets out of hand too much, it's gonna give those in power the chance that they've been waiting and preparing for all this time, a reason to clamp down on all or our freedom and declare martial law!!
regardless of what you think about that statue, is it really worth risking your freedom over?

edit on 16-10-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Antifa has posted on social media that on November 4th of this year, they will be launching a revolution that will force Trump out of the Presidency.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

but it IS just a statue... if people on both sides would see it as such, there would be one less dead person in charlottesville, there would be less injured people nursing their wounds, and, there would be less people sitting jail cells.
but nope, both sides have to make the statue something much more than it is, exalt it to the point where they are willing to harm others for it's sake...

it's just a danged statue, removing it ain't gonna wipe out the sins our relatives perpetrated on others or erase the scars that still exist, and keeping it there ain't gonna return us back to a golden age that probably never existed!

all this squabbling over it is gonna accomplish is to prove that we can no longer be trusted with the freedom our ancestors bestowed upon us and lead us into martial law!

Nobodies bloody "opinions" on statues killed anyone in Charlottesville. A crazy dude in a car did.

Start holding people responsible to their own actions rather than trying to make everything about some kind of group identity and we might start to make some progress.

In your country, you have rights that allow you to voice your mind right? But not ones that allow you to kill people that disagree with you?

Don't personally see anything wrong with that system.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

This reminds me what happened to the OG jihadi groups across the Islamic World, I guess back in the 90's was where this particular trend peaked... At first they were targeting their evil governments / foreign 'influenceers'. But gradually their initially popular causes in each locale started to fizzle. All while they kept internally radicalizing. So on the one hand trends of 'they eat their own' emerged with the groups declare their versions of 'whatever' to be 'The Correct One' kind of thing, so they started blowing each other up and bystanders suffered. And then the other parallel trend was they developed resentment with the commoners for not radicalizing and picking up guns to help slay their "oppressors" (a lot of time merely being secular was enough to warrant assassination coup etc). So they started deliberately blowing up the civilian commoners too.

It's best told in Adam Curtis' top shelf documentary, "The Power of Nightmares".

There is little difference these days between Radical Islam and the Alt Left.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Antifa has posted on social media that on November 4th of this year, they will be launching a revolution that will force Trump out of the Presidency.

I'm surprised they aren't waiting until the 5th, unless are just starting to tunnel under the White House on the 4th, setting the barrells of dynamite up ready for the 5th.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

There is little difference these days between Radical Islam and the Alt Left.

There are MANY differences between Radical Islam and the extreme left. Just because they both use fear and violence, you shouldn't lump them together.

I actually find the extreme left more insidious in many ways. It represents an internal effort to destabilise civilisation, rather than an external one.

I can't believe that so many of these activist groups have just organically sprung to life over the last few years, without there being some kind of government backing. At the very least, they are allowed to cause havoc, police stand down and let them get on with it.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner
tell that to the person who I was responding to who was trying to connect a pipe bomb planted at a civil war reenactment somehow to those of us who are saying that a stupid statue isn't worth fighting over!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
umm... they may have learned how to make a better bomb???

At about 5 p.m. Williamsburg police received a call about a vehicle fire at South Boundary and Francis streets, said department spokesman Major Greg Riley.

Investigators – including officials with the FBI, Newport News Police Department, Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia State Police and Bureau of Alchohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives – later determined there had been an explosion caused by an IED in the parking lot there.

therepublicanstandard.com...

top topics

join