It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just askin...is this an "assault" rifle??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I want one if i win the lotto.

Get off my lawn!!

You want assault? I'll give you assault you won't believe.

Kinda makes one wonder about dragons.

edit on 2 21 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

(post by Shapied removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: edaced4

is this a loaded question ?

Yes, it was a loaded question...At the time my intention was to determine whether or not this "black scary looking gun" was considered an assault rifle...because of its appearanceThe only thing that makes this firearm different from an ar-15 or an ak47 for that matter is the size of the round....223 and 7.62 rounds are significantly different in size...yet all can be outfitted to look like the original OP

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The MP5 platform is a submachine gun and is not a rifle or in that case is probably classified as a pistol. Also theres no such thing as a assault rifle, that is a term liberals use to demonize guns.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeGhost

The MP5 platform is a submachine gun and is not a rifle or in that case is probably classified as a pistol. Also theres no such thing as a assault rifle, that is a term liberals use to demonize guns.

No, an assault rifle is very much a real thing, it's just different to the thing that the liberals are identifying as "assault rifles".

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Assualt rifle is not used by the military or any weapons manufacturer to describe or identify any weapon. It is a made up term to make semiautomatic rifles look bad.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If it was used in school shootings it would be considered an assault rifle as that is the only thing that determines the definition.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Assualt rifle is not used by the military or any weapons manufacturer to describe or identify any weapon. It is a made up term to make semiautomatic rifles look bad.

Apart from the military who first developed and fielded a select fire rifle firing an intermediate cartridge round, and decided to call it the "assault rifle" due to that being the purpose of the design. Ok, they actually called it "stermgewehr", "assault rifle" is just the English translation, but the point still stands. That design influenced every modern military that I can think of, who all subsequently moved away from the traditional battle rifle concept to adopt the stermgewehr's concept. Whether M16, AK47, or any one of the various styles around the world, they all trace their lineage back to the concept of the stermgewehr, or "assault rifle".

"Assault weapon", however, was a term that was made up to attach a scary label to something that didn't meet the definition of an assault rifle. An "assault weapon" is essentially any normal semiautomatic rifle that looks a bit scary - because an individual might be rational, but people as a group are stupid.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Oh my God that is not what AR means man lmao AR stands for Armalite, the company that designed the rifle.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Oh my God that is not what AR means man lmao AR stands for Armalite, the company that designed the rifle.

I never said that AR stood for assault rifle. I'm not sure how you got that from my post?

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Colt Manufacturing owns the AR-15 trademark.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I have something similar, but it's a survival weapon.

Ya know though, back in the day,1776, a musket was the assault weapon, of the time.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OOOOOO

I have something similar, but it's a survival weapon.

Ya know though, back in the day,1776, a musket was the assault weapon, of the time.

The Kalthoff repeaters from the 1600s were probably closer, with rates of fire between 30-60 rounds depending on the skill of the user - though the largest capacity recorded only held 30 shots, which was still a significant force multiplier at the time. They were also difficult and expensive to make.

The reason why the musket was the predominant military arm of the time had little to do with firearms technology (some of the earliest machine guns predate the Revolution by decades) but with manufacturing technology - muskets were easier and cheaper to manufacture in large quantities for issue, easier to maintain without a fancy precision workshop and trained artisans, and would have been more affordable to private buyers as well. Far more advanced technology was known and available, just expensive and impractical for a military weapon.

This is one of the many reasons that eyes get rolled when we hear "when they wrote the 2nd Amendment, all they knew were muskets".

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yea, not everyone could have a repeater, yea, Joe infantry dude just had a musket, it would still seem to be the assault musket "rifle" of the day. Thomas Jefferson had some kind of a repeater, but he was not a regular dude back then.
Just like nowdays, they have things to kill people we could not even imagine I'm sure, but try and get one.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I have seen your post. But I am confused to read its all information. To see your Assault Rifle, most of the people confused like me. Please, give detail more. Seeing this post, I have searched several sites to know more about the rifle. Then I found this site, I think this informative site- Spottingpro will help you to know more.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I have seen your post. But I am confused to read its all information. To see your Assault Rifle, most of the people confused like me. Please, give detail more. Seeing this post, I have searched several sites to know more about the rifle. Then I found this site, I think this informative site- Spottingpro will help you to know more.
edit on 12-2-2019 by erikhimmel because: spelling mistake

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join