It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Jury Awards Man $1.3 Million after Home Video Proved Deputies Lied

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The video plainly shows that at no point during the entire incident did this guy offer resistance or assault any of the corrupt cops. Crap like this really tempts me to go spend some bucks on a cloud storage based surveillance system and 360 degree car cameras

This abuse will not stop unless we make the Police Officers directly liable for their actions when they are blatantly corrupt / lying.

It appears deputies freaked out and went violent when he questioned whether or not they had a warrant. This disrespect of authority caused the officers to attack him and then file false charges to send him to prison.

photographyisnotacrime.com...

A federal jury awarded a Texas man more than $1.3 million in a civil lawsuit against deputies who claimed he assaulted them in January 2015.

But Lawrence Faulkenberry’s home surveillance video camera proved that was a lie. Had it not been for his home surveillance camera, Faulkenberry might still be in prison.

Not only did Faulkenberry not assault deputies, the video shows Caldwell County Sergeant Dustin M. Yost using a judo-type leg sweep on Faulkenberry, causing him to fall down, even though he appeared to be fully cooperating. Then all three deputies can be seen piling on top of him with one deputy punching him in the eye and another pushing him down with his knee.

The video also revealed at no point in the video did Faulkenberry assault deputy Michael Taylor and deputy Houseton, which they claimed as justification for their use of force. Faulkenberry was arrested for felony assault on a public servant, resisting arrest and aggravated assault with a firearm.

Faulkenberry’s lawsuit claimed deputies handcuffed his right hand “so hard he still bears the scars.”

edit on 16-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Good.

Now can we stop kneeling?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Good.

Yea right, this would be fuel for that. He's white, had hands up and didn't get shot.

Hands up don't shoot only works for white people would be what is said.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

And how much of that settlement came out of officer's pension? Seriously, the few bad apple rhetoric has got to go. Restructure of police across the country needs to happen.

I REALLY want to like/trust law enforcement, but they repeatedly show me not to.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This is disgusting. I cannot imagine how terrifying that would be, let alone 3 armed men walking at you with their guns pointed right at you.

Insanity. Effing insanity.

Something similar happened to a friend of mine. He's currently pursuing legal action as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Good.

Yea right, this would be fuel for that. He's white, had hands up and didn't get shot.

Hands up don't shoot only works for white people would be what is said.

"Hands up don't shoot" is a proven hoax/myth. It never happened.

Only the most brainwashed, lowest-info people still believe it and parrot it.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Good. make an example of those POS'.

Good.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Great outcome1

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Great outcome1

Not for taxpayers!

I bet this stuff would be reduced greatly if the officers lost their pensions when crap like this happened!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Wait i thought this stuff only happens to black people? Dont these officers watch he news? Hmmm think maybe what we assumed is racism is just the fact we hire the wrong people to be police officers.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Great outcome1

I bet this stuff would be reduced greatly if the officers lost their pensions when crap like this happened!

YES, YES, YES. GREAT idea!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I don't think that asking if they have a warrant is "disrespect of authority." Did you mean to say "the perceived disrespect of authority in the eyes of the corrupt power-drunk cops?"

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I know.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I don't think that asking if they have a warrant is "disrespect of authority." Did you mean to say "the perceived disrespect of authority in the eyes of the corrupt power-drunk cops?"

LOL,

Yes. I was being sarcastic.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
They usually fire cops like that!

Then the come to work in my state...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

LOL,

Yes. I was being sarcastic.

Oh, whew!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

This is fantastic to see. lets hope others who are wronged by the sate sue the christ out of the state. The important people will pretty soon get pissed at those lower down the order who cant control their employees.

A professor of law and his wife in Aus got $1,1 mill for excessive force recently.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Needs to come out of the Department's budget, then they will take action on behavior if it hits them close.

Now I believe its up to the state or city to bail them out?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Great outcome1

YES, YES, YES. GREAT idea!

As my brother, who is a retired police officer, would gladly tell you, police officer pension is next to nothing. It would take 100 years of his pension to pay the 1.3 million settlement.

Plus once the officers get fired or jailed they lose any chance at pension anyhow.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Hopefully these officers receive those punishments, but I'm not holding my breath.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join