It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dubai Police are getting - yes, really! - hoverbikes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

But it would be flying over the traffic and other obstacles. At 33 ft high, that should be over most 3 story buildings, right? So you'd be going in a straight line and over (or around) most obstacles all at once. Flying completely chances the mindset for traveling. So it would basically take you almost anywhere in a 20 mile radius (though you'd have to let it charge for a few hours after arriving).

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Holly crap I just realised I saw this about 3 days ago in Dubai. There is government technology office on a road near the airport and they had something like this in the ground floor display area. I didn't think much of it at the time.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Those unprotected blades ... you'll be beheading pedestrians if you try to land in a crowded area.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

25 minutes at 40 mph wouldn't even get me to work.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Ultra lights do not require a pilot's license.

Jaden

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You too can have a magnificent city with hover cops if you find lots of oil and trick laborers into becoming modern slaves!

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Well, we've got the oil:
U.S. Oil Exports Hit Record Levels

And we've got the workers who are "tricked into becoming modern slaves":
Thousands of undocumented immigrants said they were forced to work for $1 a day or less

We even have a huge amount of prisoners "tricked into becoming modern slaves" just for good measure:
Prison labour is a billion-dollar industry, with uncertain returns for inmates

And though it's disgusting, it's also completely constitutional according to the 13th Amendment:

Amendment XIII
Section 1.

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
Section 2.

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

13th Amendment

So where are our hover cops?

You know what they say about people in glass houses throwing stones, right?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The future is definitely here. Jet packs and hoverbikes!

Would easily make their cash back if they were cheaper than I guess they will be.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: SprocketUK
25 minutes at 40 mph would be enough to get most people to work and it would be so much fun, commuting like that. Soon as Harley make one I am in!

Uhhh...maybe for a podunk town but not any decently busy metropolis w any amount of traffic....

For the first couple of years you'd have plenty of sky room even in London. just zip along at about 100M and its cushty

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12
Yes beneath all that modern veneer you get that feeling about even Dubai, awesome sunsets though. Having said that they really think about future infrastructure and I guess this is another one of those "thinking ahead" pushes they fund.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Well, a lot of horrible things are and were commited under legal and religious authority.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join