It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Says Diplomacy is Over - Nuclear War May Start at Any Moment.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Post a ten minute video on ATS of Bigfoot or a UFO, and you will have a couple dozen skeptics claiming HOAX in five minutes.

Post an article from CNN or FOX claiming that someone from Iran or North Korea said their country wants to attack the US, everyone takes it as gospel.

How many times have CNN and FOX been caught pushing lies to gain support for a war that the US Military Industrial Complex wanted? How many times have they "misinterpreted" the words of foreign dignitaries? Once the wars are started and the lies have been exposed, oh well, carry on. Sorry about all those dead people. Sorry about all servicemen with permanent physical and mental problems.

How about we take the same skeptical view when it comes to "news" about NK as we do when it comes to a new bigfoot sighting. Let's consider the sources. Are they reliable? Do they stand to make money by lying to us? What is their track record for integrity when it comes pushing a war agenda?

You want me to believe that North Korea is suicidal enough to want war with the US? Well, that extraordinary claim is going to require extraordinary proof. Some words on a screen from CNN or FOX isn't going to cut it. Show me a video of someone in North Korea who actually has the ability to start a war with the US saying that he is going to do so. Show me the words coming out of his mouth and an accurate translation from Korean to English by an impartial third party. Show me a mushroom cloud where NK has successfully tested a nuclear weapon. Show me a NK missle that has gone from NK to within 100 miles of the CONUS.

If we're going to sacrifice US servicemen to genocide NK dirt farmers, I want something more than words from FOX or CNN.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
As i see it the American public needs to accept a nuclear North Korea, ignore it, or go to war to end the threat. The situation is not going to change, the North Koreans will continue to bolster its capabilities. If the decision is to attack them, it better to go in now, and try take out Kim and, hopefully don't kill many civilians there with this attack. The longer the wait out the more chance their missiles, with a nuclear warhead will reach the United States.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Bit of an alarmist title. NK also said they are willing to proceed with diplomatic talks.. but not until they have the means to attack all of the U.S. in self defense. Of course.. still not good at all, but it's not as if their fingers are sitting atop a fire button ready to unleash nuclear Armageddon. Nor do they have the things they are claiming to have. You don't go from barely able to launch a missile without it exploding, to being able to precisely targets U.S. cities with an array of nuclear weapons within a span of a few months.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

But you just said those satellites are flying over the US. (BTW you should really look the the ATS thread thats ludicrously states that 80% of Americans will die and maybe get a clue on how EMPs work).

So are they flying over the US or North Korea? Is this going to be another WMDs like Iraqs that were never found?

Do you or the US know with certainty where the North Korean missile launch sites are. Remember that South Korea will be toast by conventional weapon attacks by North Korea in retaliation.

Do you think North Korea haven't studied how a small nation like Vietnam/Viet Cong essentially bled the USA? Who's going to pay for all this. How much more can the US people keep borrowing to pay for all this? You have a broken health system.

LOL there is no oil or drugs in North Korea to keep your criminals in Washington fat.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: whywhynot

A child pointing a water pistol and threatening to shoot is meaningless. A child pointing a loaded gun is a different matter.

If your neighbor—or anyone for that matter—says he's going to come to your house and shoot you, does that give you the right to go to his house and shoot him first?

Yes.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

been caught pushing lies to gain support for a war that the US Military Industrial Complex wanted?

THANK YOU!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: introvert
Let Kim do whatever he damn well pleases. He's only trying to put his country in a position to where they wont be messed with by the Western powers.

We don't need to take any action unless we have 100% certainty that they are going to act on their threats.

That's the way I feel too. From the restraint we've shown, I believe that President Trump and his generals feel the same way.

I wish Trump's language and rhetoric matched those feelings.

That's the point of language and rhetoric. Credibility. Simple. Is NK getting nervous if the leader of the U.S. sounds like Ghandi? Not bloody likely.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnjohn808

a reply to: johnjohn808

How long was your sentence for aggravated battery?

Nothing..... absolutely nothing.
No cops called, he took it like a man and accepted it.
Thats how things are sometimes done in my neighborhood.
Even apologized a week later, and I apologized back.

Not everyone cries after being in a fist fight.

Sounds like you live in the neighborhood where Donald Trump was raised. (Queens?) Not many "girlie-men" to be found there!

Hawaii ...believe it or not

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

North Korea has been developing long-distance nuclear strike capability all these years, because they fear the U.S. wants to destroy their country? Maybe Kim Jong is caught in a Mandella bubble, and sees reality differently than the rest of world.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajuneJudging by the Trump Administration's response (or lack thereof) to this crisis, I would say that our Potus has chosen D. If it were up to me, since we're currently at option "B," I say do a pre-emptive strike and take away NK's ability to annihilate us.

So out of curiosity, let's say.. you had a son or daughter living in Seoul Korea.. and you had grandchildren who lived with them.. would you be quite so eager to start that war? Knowing there would be a very good chance some or all would not survive the attack? Because we were worried that NK might do something.. and we needed to act first.

Of course, you still haven't addressed the question that has been asked many times. Which is: China said they would defend (i.e. attack the United States) NK if the U.S. preemptively were to strike at NK. How exactly are we supposed to deal with that? Would starting a war with China, who we KNOW has the capability to blow the U.S. to smithereens with nukes.. be worth taking out NK, who may or may not be able to target a single U.S. city in the next couple of years?

Would it not be smarter to see if harsher sanctions have an effect? If our options are war with NK.. and probably China.. or see if harsher sanctions kick in.. not sure why the answer it "screw it.. let's just go to war with whoever."

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Sounds like you live in the neighborhood where Donald Trump was raised. (Queens?) Not many "girlie-men" to be found there!

I have a hard time getting head around what Hawaii society is like.

In some areas, Hawaii seems to be conservative and traditional, with a proud heritage. (That's what I've experienced, as a tourist.) The state is also portrayed in the media as liberal's paradise. I read that the Welfare Benefits there equate to a $58,000 after-tax income.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: whywhynot

About par for the course with the US when they backpeddled and fabricated all sorts of excuses to invade Iraq. What rules did US play under then. No WMDs were ever found. Keep being a Rothchild's patsy and drink the kool-aid.

And whose patsy are you? Hmmmm!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I have a hard time getting head around what Hawaii society is like.

In some areas, Hawaii seems to be conservative and traditional, with a proud heritage. (That's what I've experienced, as a tourist.) The state is also portrayed in the media as liberal's paradise. I read that the Welfare Benefits there equate to a $58,000 after-tax income.

Yes, it is a lib paradise.
Im one of the only openly right leaning people (that I know of in my community).
But most people I know, dont really follow politics as much as I do. It seems to me that they more or less just accept things, that is why in my opinion, that the local govt gets away with what they do.

The state has been blue for generations. Lib, because their parents and grandparents were.
Im the only one in my family who leans right and not catholic. LOL

You are right about people here being proud of their heritage.
After living in the mainland in the 80`s, I realize that Hawaii is a prime example for the case of multiculturalism.
But it think it`s a very rare example.
I dont know much about welfare benefits, but do do know that I qualify for SNAP and Healthcare. But I dont need it.
Alot of people here ADMITTEDLY play the system.
I dont.

Despite all the short comings, I would not want to live anywhere else in the world.

Oh yeah.....thank you for visiting as a tourist. Tourism is a large part of our economy.
I do hope you enjoyed yourself here.

edit on 17-10-2017 by johnjohn808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

LOL there is no oil or drugs in North Korea to keep your criminals in Washington fat.

Really? Are you certain? Do you research any of your statements beforehand?

It has long been regarded as a poor country. But as it turns out North Korea is a lot richer than we thought, or at the very least has the potential to be. North Korea has mineral resources estimated to be worth at least $6 trillion, according to Quartz, and the secretive state is sitting on a vast array of mineral resources which remains largely untapped including iron, gold, magnesite, zinc, copper, limestone, molybdenum and graphite.

nypost.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

the only theaters where MAD comes into play are us and russa going to war ,and Pakistan and India going to war. china has less then 400 warheads most of which cant hit usa but they do have second strike capability from subs. north Korea has at most a dozen,even with that that is so far from MAD its not even funny USA and Russia have thousands of nuclear weapons that is MAD .hell the Israelis (allegedly) have more nukes then a lot of nations but its officially listed at 80 . and by doctrine any launch of usa or other NATO nation tends to get all the other NATO nations to launch nukes of their own

en.wikipedia.org...

From a high of 68,000 active weapons in 1985, as of 2016 there are some 4,000 active nuclear warheads and 10,100 total nuclear warheads in the world.[1] Many of the decommissioned weapons were simply stored or partially dismantled, not destroyed.[13] It is also noteworthy that since the dawn of the Atomic Age, the delivery methods of most states with nuclear weapons has evolved with some achieving a nuclear triad, while others have consolidated away from land and air deterrents to submarine-based forces.
note russia,USA,China,and India have triad, with the Israelis ambiguously claiming to be able to . of those only china has declared they will not preemptively use them ie they will only launch when launched upon which is pretty much the opposite of the Israeli doctrine

www.businessinsider.com... most of the chinese icbms/SLBMS cant hit usa only the DF class 26 and above can hit usa, they have a sort of default MAD due to their population superiority ,something North korea can not claim not will they be able to for a very very long time

en.wikipedia.org... north korea has the lowest estimats of any nation as far as nuclear arsenals go with 13-60 weapons putting them even below the low number estimate for Israel

www.bbc.com... BBC take on the matter note most of their nukes would be a bigger threat to our allies then our selves so they are pretty far from MAD even on a good day,they also apparently do not have MIRV weapons or a missile that splits into multiple warheads like Most of the other nuclear states posses,they also have problems producing the fuel needed for such missiles on their own domestically and most sources do not belive they can hit farther then Alaska as opposed to the lower 48 states of the USA or Hawaii.

www.aljazeera.com...

According to David Wright of the Union of Concerned Scientists, if the Hwasong-14 was fired under proper flight conditions, it could reach a target more than 6,700km away. This puts the missile firmly in the long-range or ICBM bracket, and means it could potentially hit the US base on the island of Guam as well as Alaska, although the naval base on Hawaii and the rest of the continental US are still out of reach.

en.wikipedia.org... this is their only missile that could allegedly hit the mainland but has had several failures to launch and some admitted successes one of which launched their satellite

missiledefenseadvocacy.org...

TLDR they wont have MAD for 20-30 years ,they could do damage but nothing even remotely close to what the usa and russia could do to the world let alone each other

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen?.....simmer!

Are we forgetting one tiny detail here?

One of the greatest weapons of our time is not only Nuclear weapons, but the media. Kim is using this to his advantage....plus a little smoke and mirrors.

Sure, he may have a nuke, but one that flies? I sincerely doubt it. But, make a big bang in a mountain and send a few dummy rockets flying for a few weeks plus gob off that you're gonna obliterate anything within x miles and you have the biggest BS gag of all time. Couple that with "Wanna try me?" it's got bluff written all over it.

He ain't do do sh*t apart from spout his usual bollox.

Believe me, I hope he gets his little nuts kicked in, but start a nuclear war? Nah. He aint got em.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I’m no military strategist, but taking out the Kim dynasty, liberating 25 million slaves from the clutches of a communist military junta, sounds like a good idea to me. The problem is, it should be an international, East and West effort.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Really? Are you certain? Do you research any of your statements beforehand?

It has long been regarded as a poor country. But as it turns out North Korea is a lot richer than we thought, or at the very least has the potential to be. North Korea has mineral resources estimated to be worth at least $6 trillion, according to Quartz, and the secretive state is sitting on a vast array of mineral resources which remains largely untapped including iron, gold, magnesite, zinc, copper, limestone, molybdenum and graphite.

nypost.com...

6 trillion, well now that is something worth stealing and sacrificing military men over.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Thanks for that info about how things REALLY ARE in Hawaii. It's so laid back that people take whatever comes their way, in stride. That's cool. Since we all live a finite life, we might as well enjoy it.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Thanks for that info about how things REALLY ARE in Hawaii. It's so laid back that people take whatever comes their way, in stride. That's cool. Since we all live a finite life, we might as well enjoy it.

I edited my last post too late, but thank you for visiting as a tourist. A huge part of our economy is tourism.
I do hope you enjoyed your experience here.
Yes it`s very layed back here.
Infact I was just having a beer with the person I fought with in my OP. LOL

Anyway, I dont want to derail the thread.
edit on 17-10-2017 by johnjohn808 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join