It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins are people too!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
People have noticed for a long time that Dolphins and Whales demonstrated their ability to form tight knit community's and complex social structures but recent scientific research is showing it possibly goes much deeper!

Whales and dolphins (Cetaceans) live in tightly-knit social groups, have complex relationships, talk to each other and even have regional dialects - much like human societies. Read more at: phys.org...

complex alliance relationships - working together for mutual benefit
social transfer of hunting techniques - teaching how to hunt and using tools
cooperative hunting
complex vocalizations, including regional group dialects - 'talking' to each other
social mimicry and 'signature whistles' unique to individuals - using 'name' recognition
interspecific cooperation with humans and other species - working with different species alloparenting - looking after youngsters that aren't their own
social play

These amazing creatures are capable of much more then we expected of a species other than man and are exciting researchers!

complex alliance relationships - working together for mutual benefit social transfer of hunting techniques - teaching how to hunt and using tools cooperative hunting complex vocalizations, including regional group dialects - 'talking' to each other vocal mimicry and 'signature whistles' unique to individuals - using 'name' recognition interspecific cooperation with humans and other species - working with different species alloparenting - looking after youngsters that aren't their own social play Read more at: phys.org...

Maybe we should start treating our marine life a little better then we do currently.

phys.org

edit on 16-10-2017 by gdkknxnqkc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The dolphin genome is identical to ours, but arranged differently. We are closest in DNA material, to dolphins, not apes, not cattle, not lab rats.

And have known they're our cousins since childhood.

www.thedodo.com...

They need to obtain full protected human status, some equal species recognition and legality, and that means the oceans need to be cleaned up and toxins/radioactive wastes and synthia or carbon destroying substances, and oils, need to stop being dumped in them.

edit on 16-10-2017 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i'm just relieved this thread isn't about wanting to have a relationship with a dolphin...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

If that were the case it would be " So long and thanks for all the fish " !

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have always had an affinity for dolphins. To me, they're one of the most beautiful creatures on our planet.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gdkknxnqkc

Dolphins are extremely smart , years ago while fishing with the family i spotted a pod of dolphins and drove the boat over to them . A couple of dolphins appeared on the bow of the boat and it was like they led me away , there were younguns there and i think they may have been feeding . More recently i showed the youngest lad how to pick up dolphins , motored over and they bow surfed for around 2 minutes . Pretty sure they were watching us more than us watching them. Absolutely beautiful creatures , and smart . One thing i have noticed with all my interactions is they always operate in pairs at the very least , quite often more but never less than two . Well that would be alone i guess

The scoutmaster

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Dolphins are pretty violent. I don't know if I would consider them "people". People can be violent too but the extreme that dolphins go to are pretty common. They kill their own as well as their own children just for the hell of it. They play volley ball with sharks for fun, they'll kill a human just cause and so many other violent behaviors.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gdkknxnqkc
Dolphins are people too!

No.

No they are not.

However, I'm all for treating animals much better than we as a species (actual people) do, but dolphins are not people.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Even beyond just other "human-like" animals like Dolphins, I think we humans should be paying more respect to other other highly developed creatures as well. It's pretty egotistical of us to even limit it to just those animals that are "almost human" before we start paying them some respect.

Other animals which still not as advanced as even Dolphins or Whales are still extremely advanced as well and should be treated with a level of dignity that suits them. Like Elephants for example. They are extremely advanced both mentally and emotionally as well and yet we often treat them like they don't have any of those higher functions at all.

The fact that we abuse Dolphins and Whales and other advanced mammals the way we do is basically criminal. But then look at how we treat other humans most of the time.

It's good to see that some of us are starting to realize it though. I suppose it's a good start if nothing else. The rest of mankind really need to catch up though.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Only animals humans acre about are the ones we perceive as cute .
Poor dolphins aaaa so cute .
well what about these guys should we care about them with faces only a mother could love ?
www.google.com...< br /> If you are judging on how smart the animal is ? If that is the case humans should be first on the extinction list as we pee in the same water we need to drink .
Now tell me just how smart is that ? lol
edit on 17-10-2017 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

humans should be first on the extinction list as we pee in the same water we need to drink . Now tell me just how smart is that ? lol

So do dolphins .

The scoutmaster
edit on 17-10-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
The dolphin genome is identical to ours, but arranged differently. We are closest in DNA material, to dolphins, not apes, not cattle, not lab rats.

And have known they're our cousins since childhood.

www.thedodo.com...

They need to obtain full protected human status, some equal species recognition and legality, and that means the oceans need to be cleaned up and toxins/radioactive wastes and synthia or carbon destroying substances, and oils, need to stop being dumped in them.

...For dolphins to "get full protected human status" they would first have to be human. To be human you have to be part of the homo sapiens family... Are dolphins part of the "homo sapiens family"? Last i checked they are not, so they are not human, and they cannot be given "full protected human status". However, i do think as a species they do have to be protected, but this whole "they are human" argument is false, and dangerous...

This is similar to how the Saudis gave citizenship to a robot made to look female, but real women are treated and seen as less than a damn robot... Yes, dolphins are alive, and robots are not, but it is a very similar argument claiming that something that is not human is, and that it should be protected as a human...

Isn't it also ironic how some people even want to claim that "human fetuses" are not human, but these are the same people who want to give "human status to animals and some even want to give "recognition as humans" to damn robots?"...

edit on 22-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
i'm just relieved this thread isn't about wanting to have a relationship with a dolphin...

ROFL THIS! Same thought flashed across my mind..

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: flayer

originally posted by: fiverx313

ROFL THIS! Same thought flashed across my mind..

Heck, you dont think some of these people claiming "dolphins are human" are doing it maybe even because they want to have a "relationship and even marry a dolphin?"...

That's how insane the world is these days.
edit on 22-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

top topics

join