It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you get if you solve it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Is there a prize? Seriously, cause if you can win money or something then that's a reason to bother figuring out what someone else wants you to find out about some game or puzzle they have crafted.

I have tried to scan thru the posts here, to see if there was an original post that started this off, and had some sort of announcement about the point of it, but I don't see such a post. I know most of you must have been here doing this for a good while and I just got here, but is there a link to such an announcement, was there a post here that began this whatever-it-is?

I had seen this forum header in the list of all the other forums here, I had just ignored it thinking it was about sports. What I mean by that is, other than this forum having 'events' and 'games' in it's title, and the link at the end of all the forums, who said it was a game to be solved, as in some sort of puzzle-game?

Maybe it's just about life, you can't stop, you just have to keep going until it ends, like how the labyrinth just is that one path you have to take and keep moving thru it until you come out again.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don't think anyone knows what the prize might be. I think it really comes down to this: there is a mystery and we consider ourselves to be intelligent people - so surely we can figure this out.

I, for one, have to work on this simply because it is there.

I don't think there was ever a post that started this off, people just noticed the link on the bottom of the page and got curious. I think I can speak for most of us and say that we don't truly know what it is exactly that we are to accomplish.

As for your philosophical angle on the thing, I don't think so. Not that the folks here aren't deeply philosophical at times, it just doesn't wash in this case.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The satisfaction of a job well done, and a cookie. We have chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin.

Seriously though, if you want to know, I would U2U a mod and see if they'll answer you. If they tell you it's a secret, well, then you'll know.

Hope that helps you duff beer dragon.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
y do we do it? b/c we can. its like scaling mt everest. theres no real point but it gives us something to do and gives us new ways to look at things

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
'because it is there' - there's the battlecry of those destined to lose all they never noticed they had.

Not to put you off or anything.

If there was never a starter post to this, then what was this forum originally for then?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
In the first game, the 4 winners were giving a domain name and web forum to design and manage. thats what this forum started from:that first game.

---Pineapple

top topics

join